Ability to choose your own daily reset and Arena cut off timings

kgwzz
23 posts Member
edited December 2015
I think choosing our own daily reset and Arena rewards timings would be useful, for a few reasons.

Daily reset (which now occurs at midnight): I stay up till just past midnight (which is late by my standard) to get some GoH playtime and complete some daily tasks before I sleep, and also to keep my energy low so I don't bust my limit while sleeping. I would rather get some playtime earlier, go to bed earlier, and get more sleep.

Arena: the Arena gets crazy competitive at common cut off timings (6pm where I am), and you need to do your Arena battles from 5-6pm to maximise your rank. This is not ideal because some of us are still at work/school/etc. at 5-6pm, I would rather do it in the morning or at night when I'm free to properly focus.

Replies

• kgwzz you living in Singapore/Malaysia? Im from Malaysia ;) . Looks to me, we have the same problem, now usually only able to sleep later than 1.30am
  • 6pm here. I prefer it to be 7-10pm. It takes time for us to go home from work (which normally ends at 5pm). I dont want it to be later than 10pm because we need to sleep for work (and guess what paying players need to get income to pay for the game!). I like the sim system, we dont have to spend too much time playing or i would have to quit the game.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Being able to choose your own Arena cut off time is never going to happen with the current ranking system because they need everyone to be on the same timer in order to determine what rewards you are awarded based on your ranking at the set cut off time.

Daily resets on all mobile games are generally midnight based on your timezone, why would this game be different?
  • Daily resets midnight is fine. We dont lose anything by that. Arena at midnight is a no no (currently it s at 6pm, not optimal for me but better than midnight as it gives me no incentive to stay up late - which is not healthy)
  • Personally I think it should take your highest rank of the day and lock it in as the reward. Unless you're playing right before timer and using crystals you can see huge swings of position. But the the whole system encourages buying crystals to advance at last minute so it probably won't change.
  • I think midnight is fine. I have to admit I would like it to be like 8pm or something like that but you don't lose anything by waiting till morning to play with the reset being in the middle of the night.
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • I am in California and my reset times are at Midnight and arena at 6pm. Could it be that your Timezone dictates your server?
  • Chewdoka wrote: »
    I am in California and my reset times are at Midnight and arena at 6pm. Could it be that your Timezone dictates your server?

I would agree if I hadn't created an account and then my friend created one 20 minutes later both of us at my house and both on different servers. Good thought though.
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899