What is going on with Galactic War?

Prev13
Yesterday the last node in GW was a ridiculous team to fight they wiped every single toon in my roster and I never killed a single one on that team. Not one. I chalked it up just that bad luck of the draw.

Today I am facing almost the exact team except on node 8! I am taking a break to come here and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I expect GW to be a challenge but if there are going to be teams that exist to take out every toon in your inventory what's the point? Feel pressured to buy some 1,500 crystal items in the shop real fast? Is it just some tweaking the devs need to work on to make the difficulty progression manageable?

This is a debuff to entertainment enjoyment. :p

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I haven't won a single GW since the fantastic protection came out
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Node 8 or 9, every day I hit a level 76 player with all gear 9. I end up sending my suicide squad to break their protection and knock down their health and/or knock out a character or 2. Then my A squad goes back in and finishes the job. But, GW has always been like this so I can't say it's harder. I think in some ways it's easier if you have enough characters leveled up. With solid strategy, I can get through GW with only one suicide squad and usually (but not always) have the same squad from the beginning. Although healers are not necessary it is pretty essential.

What team are you running?

It doesn't matter but I run Barriss(leader), Qui Gon, Luminara, Kit, and Aayla and all are gear 8 with abilities at 6 or higher.

Then I send in my suicide squad of Dooku (6*, leader), Sidious, Darth Maul, GS, and RG. Only Dooku is 6* the rest are 7* and all are gear 8. These guys usually take out more than my jedi team but I prefer my jedi team in GW. The each have their strengths and weaknesses, you just have to know how to leverage them for each node.
  • GW is now impossible, I went from sometimes being able to do it to making it maybe four rounds. The only people I've seen make it spend hours and I don't have hours to spend.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    The prob for me is I have 4 7* toons, 2 at 6* and then a few 5* and trickling down, my suicide squads might damage a bit of the protection at best, use up special attacks too. I can live with it but might take me till the 80 level cap to be able to complete it regularly
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    Since protection came out GW has not gotten harder just longer. The only pr0blem I see is you face teams one to two levels higher than yours.
  • It's not impossible (at least for me) but requires me more time, which I don't always have.
  • I start GW every morning while I prep for my morning meeting. I spend an hour at most with careful retreats and regroups. I retreat 2 or 3 times max, but retreating saves your team from a bad move or a bad start. Plus, unless it's my suicide squad I don't let my characters fall. It just means having to use increasingly weaker characters which takes longer and longer.

There is absolutely no secret to GW, it's like any war you need to have meat for the grinders. Once I had 2 powered up teams I was clearing through GW every day and I have only had 1 hiccup in the past month.
  • My A team is usually
    7* Asajj, 7* Daka, 7* IG-86, 5* RG, and 6* Talia all roughly level 73.

B Team
    7* Phasma, 6* Sidious, 5* JC, 5* Chewbacca, and 6* Resistance Pilot all roughly level 69

I have a C team (suicide) that are mostly 4 stars that I use sometimes to go in and have the enemy team use up all their special attacks and buffs/debuffs then send in my A or B team to have an easier time. About 12 toons to chose from on the suicide team.

This has served me well for a long time but I am now going on day 2 of running into a team that will kill all of them.

• You got use every character on your rooster. The GW is balanced and is build each day and the combined total
    Of your forces. Enemy protection and special abilities do not refresh after they defeat you. Try using your weeks party first to suck out the other teams specials. Then use a mid level team to destroy their protection. Then you fight them with your main team. By this point they and you main team
    Should be even in protection and specials. Finally on the last two GW figths use up your entire forces. Make it so you only win the last battle with 3 or two characters left. Never complete the entire GW with only 1 or two teams. The game bases the difficulty off of what you use.
  • The devs want the game as fair as possible, then why not be fair to us and fully restore our Protection after each battle? How come we gotta face freshly opponents at an unfair advantage (player Protection doesn't restore when completely depleted even post-battle)?
  • I find toons like Vader great for removing large chunks of the enemies protection when I hit a tough team. Sometimes you have to try and whittle them away toon by toon - providing you can actually get a hit in!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Sent in a suicide squad to use up enemy specials and buffs, they are still one shoting my A and B team to death one at a time. This is **** to run into on node 8. If the devs want to shoot me the middle finger for playing their game just put this team on node 1 and have a laugh about it.
  • GW does take longer but it's quite easy if you experiment with retreating and making small adjustments, I make sure I have a heal ready going into the next node and don't accept any of my characters being defeated until the final 3 nodes. Then a pure damage squad with no healer for the last node pretty much always finishes the job.
  • Yep, I hardly have to try much with my lineup

Barriss (leader), RG, i-86, gs , 5's... Sometimes I throw Lumi instead of 5's but it doesn't matter much. on ultra fast squads that are able to kill a toon I just go to my fast arena team. I can see where it can be a struggle if you are lower level.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I think it's fair to say it's easy for some and not for others, depends how you have balanced your squad. No advice is helping me complete it! :smile: I retreat, use b squads, C squads and suicides, every toon in the roster and make it to node 8/9 every day then cop out.
  • I like the update. I have to use a lot more strategy when going into GW. Before I could breeze through, now I have to think about it. I still finish it every day.
  • I find toons like Vader great for removing large chunks of the enemies protection when I hit a tough team. Sometimes you have to try and whittle them away toon by toon - providing you can actually get a hit in!
    True true, but you first need Vader, and you'd better be Gear LVL VIII or higher because most people get him around LVL 60+, and this time 'round, GW ain't playin'.

• I get my GW squad 2 levels above my arena squad so I don't have this problem
  • I am high level and have solid teams. No matter how I mix and match, everyday I get to about node 7-9 and run into a team that is completely maxed. I literally can't defeat 1 character without getting wiped out no matter what team I run. I can run 3 suicide squad, and my main team still gets whipped.
    Since they introduced protection, I can't get past node 8/9.
  • I haven't completed GW since protection came out. I have over a dozen 7* gear 8 level 75 toons. Plus about a dozen more around 6* gear 7 level 70. I retreat, I use suicide squads, etc. I still can't get through it all.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I used to finish GW, but since the update i can't. It's way harder.
  • You got use every character on your rooster. The GW is balanced and is build each day and the combined total
    Of your forces. Enemy protection and special abilities do not refresh after they defeat you. Try using your weeks party first to suck out the other teams specials. Then use a mid level team to destroy their protection. Then you fight them with your main team. By this point they and you main team
    Should be even in protection and specials. Finally on the last two GW figths use up your entire forces. Make it so you only win the last battle with 3 or two characters left. Never complete the entire GW with only 1 or two teams. The game bases the difficulty off of what you use.

What?!?! @Jedi_StarJammer1
  • 643-334-762 add me I'm level 68
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    GW is now impossible, I went from sometimes being able to do it to making it maybe four rounds. The only people I've seen make it spend hours and I don't have hours to spend.

40 minutes today give or take a few.

This is what I do too. My Empire team with Vader lead goes in to burn specials and hopefully knock the protection off an enemy or two, usually targeting Sidious and Dooku. Seems to work for me.
    At L75 with 9 7* G8-9 characters, I have been fortunate to complete GW more often than not. Just about every day I hit node 8 and 9 and think there's no way I'll be finishing today. Send in a suicide squad on both nodes and manage to squeak by. Node 10 I have to send in the Arena squad (no healers) which pretty much wrecks them all, but allows me to move on. Last two nodes are just scrapping, using the bench and somehow finishing.
  • dookiebot wrote: »
    Yesterday the last node in GW was a ridiculous team to fight they wiped every single toon in my roster and I never killed a single one on that team. Not one. I chalked it up just that bad luck of the draw.

Today I am facing almost the exact team except on node 8! I am taking a break to come here and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I expect GW to be a challenge but if there are going to be teams that exist to take out every toon in your inventory what's the point? Feel pressured to buy some 1,500 crystal items in the shop real fast? Is it just some tweaking the devs need to work on to make the difficulty progression manageable?

This is a debuff to entertainment enjoyment. :p

in yesterdays GW in on the 8th node I faced an all 7* gear 8 / 9 team of Leia, RG, QGJ, GS, 5s
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • About an hour the last few days to complete. Its an either/or situation if you are F2P or don't have a deep roster. You are aiming for arena score, or keep it low to make GW easier.

I am to finish just under 500 in arena to get a shipment and one extra a week. GW is way higher. I run Lumi (L), Sid, JC, Phasma, Chewie until the last few nodes. Usually without any issues. I'll bring in Talia if I need another heal, RG when I need a targeted stun...thats it. I run a B team the last node to remove protection and kill 1-2 toons. I've finished it for about 1 month straight.
  • The issue/trend I've seen is the AI isn't too involved and thus is compensated by being higher powered. We, as players will usually concentrate on a single toon. One by one we eliminate the opposition. The computer did not used to concentrate (unless completely random) on a single member of our party.

This was more or less, balanced.

Not anymore. We still face teams that out gear us and are out powering us and now they also concentrate, directly on certain characters. This is not balanced by a long shot.

Previously, with three healers I'd go back and forth with using my turns to heal and then chip away toon by toon as the opponent was higher powered, but spread their attacks out. Now my healers are singled out, my opponent is higher powered and my opponent has all of their protection...

....**** kinda bull is that?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    dookiebot wrote: »
    My A team is usually
    7* Asajj, 7* Daka, 7* IG-86, 5* RG, and 6* Talia all roughly level 73.

B Team
    7* Phasma, 6* Sidious, 5* JC, 5* Chewbacca, and 6* Resistance Pilot all roughly level 69

I have a C team (suicide) that are mostly 4 stars that I use sometimes to go in and have the enemy team use up all their special attacks and buffs/debuffs then send in my A or B team to have an easier time. About 12 toons to chose from on the suicide team.

This has served me well for a long time but I am now going on day 2 of running into a team that will kill all of them.

Try using your B team to start. That way you don't have to waste protection on your A team. This has worked for me every day except one since the update. I would also say work on JC and put him in your A team until you get Barriss or Lumi.