What is the progression plan behind Galactic War's difficulty?

SeroZero
154 posts Member
edited November 2015
As title states, how did the devs actually plan Galactic War to be played out?
Are we not suppose to be able to clear the entire table daily unless we are ridiculously decked out?

Here's what I have:
10 x lvl 60 full geared (best gears you can equip till lvl60, maybe missing 1 or 2 gear for some)
3 x lvl 60 not fully geared
15 x all sorts of of other 2*/3* (used them as cannon fodder to trigger AoE/ skills before main team goes in)

I'm not running some sloppy team or fail in strategic planning, my part setup gets me within the PVP top10, getting me 2nd/3rd/4th/5th by cutoff time usually. (Basically I'm not a weak **** ranting, my team is more than decent)

So with all these 'achievements', since the 'global launch' patch, I can only clear maximum 7/12 of the Galactic War. I haven't seen what's beyond Round 7, since tossing 55-60s at me constantly means a whole lot of wrecking with the improved enemy AI and all.

In fact if it continues Round 7 to 12 with opponents of my power level, there is simply no way in the near future I'm ever going to clear the Galactic Daily.

Is the plan to make Galactic War content this excessively difficult so we (maxed level players) have something to work towards to? Even so, I don't see myself doing it unless I have 20 x lvl 60 fully geared, which will take weeks and months...

Replies

• Agreed..It's like Galactic War is an impossible dungeon..It would definitely be nice if your team was able to restore all health after every 3 battles or so..
  • Fudgement
    60 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    @SeroZero Huh? I thought after the patch it was a cakewalk?? I have so much excess character leveled (due to ever changing meta), probably around 10+ to just like yours.

With your team you should be able to do it. I made sure I have 1-2 healers in my team. Though I do have Barriss Leader + Luminara and they carried my team all the way through. But I don't think its a case where you can't do it without Barriss. You must have healers to rotate around, with the low-damage-long-dragout-fights, it shouldn't be a problem for their cds to be up before you need them. It is definitely much much easier than during the AOE-infestation period.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    I actually finished it tonight after a couple weeks of getting to the last one or two battles. Pretty much what fudgement said, rotating healers and keeping them alive.
  • Barriss is kind of important. Sadly.
  • Ah... Now I see why the the deal pack with Baris came out... I only have jedi consular, Luminara and Talia for heals, all 5* so they are decent. But lacks the healing strengths of core healers like Baris and Old Daka...

Never tried to run a bunch of healers to drag out fights, since I mainly built an arsenal of damage units... Guess I need to shift my investments to them now...

On the other hand, my 'full of damage' setup cleared the table easily BEFORE the change, since I could snipe off units that pose a threat, now... nothing really dies in 2 hits/skills anymore...
  • Why would u need such Core healer as a Daka?

I do have that char...and...idk...I cri sometimes : D

She has bad healing amount and 4 turns cd. Ye...she can reviwe sometimes...but...its so rare making her quite obsolete healer compared to others.
  • I feel the War got more difficult around the same time PVP defensive AI improved. For instance, the AI is a lot more likely to target a weak character whereas before it was more luck based if they would hit the weak one or go after someone else.
  • Yes, it probably uses the same AI for everything. It only makes sense that Galactic War and PVP would increase in difficulty at the same time.
  • Whoa ok so basically I managed to clear Galwar this morning after weeks of being stuck at the 6th battle..:P and I'm not sure if I got lucky or if it's just because of Barriss,...

So anyway here's what happened, p much used my main squad and some other pawn characters up untill the 6-7th Battle..after which I exhausted poor dooku and maul...and I brought in Kit and Barriss,

By the time I was done with the 7th squad, from the 8th to the 12th squad onwards, it was just them AIs that I had to deal with..? (Not that I'm complaining about the AIs..more of then please)
    ...but did anyone else experienced this? Does it seem like you just have to survive the first half of the battle or.?
  • ZarAzi wrote: »
    Whoa ok so basically I managed to clear Galwar this morning after weeks of being stuck at the 6th battle..:P and I'm not sure if I got lucky or if it's just because of Barriss,...

So anyway here's what happened, p much used my main squad and some other pawn characters up untill the 6-7th Battle..after which I exhausted poor dooku and maul...and I brought in Kit and Barriss,

By the time I was done with the 7th squad, from the 8th to the 12th squad onwards, it was just them AIs that I had to deal with..? (Not that I'm complaining about the AIs..more of then please)
    ...but did anyone else experienced this? Does it seem like you just have to survive the first half of the battle or.?

Yea i noticed you have to fight through the first 7 battles, and 8th to 12th onwards would be randomly made teams. Basically it's some survival game till then. I've managed to complete it yesterday and today after prioritizing heals above dmg
  • Same here, somewhere in the middle it's getting really tough,but mostly the last 4 ones for me are pretty (too) easy. But in fact, it's not always like this, so I'm still trying to hold back my strongest ones till 11th battle. It happened once to me when I screwed the 12th battle because I got to cocky. Today I even auto played the whole run because I was in rush, and I was like "okay well, I would be fine with 800 crystals" but well...guess I got some lucky shots on the opponents.
    But let's just keep it that way guys. No need for Capital Games to get a nerf/fix on that one....
  • Oooh.. it happened again today, attempt to survive untill the 6th battle and it's just a hoard of AIs that I had to deal with afterwards. It's all good folks.
  • it keeps changing, last 2 days i needed to clear 8th round which is a real level 60 player before getting my trash mobs
  • I'm having the same problem SeroZero is having. I have Luminara, Eeth, Sidious, Jedi C, and Phasma are all 7*, 7 abilities, gear XIII, and all are lvl 74 except Phasma who is lvl 73. I used to be able to finish most of the times, but know I can't finish at all now. I bet about 70% of the way too
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    It is not designed to be cleared by everyone every day.
  • Its just boring like who came with rhis idea, its the only part of the game that i dislike **** tedious.
  • Balaxxe
    159 posts Member
    They are looking into options to address our concerns. Expect it to change.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Its just boring like who came with rhis idea, its the only part of the game that i dislike **** tedious.

Its exacly the same as all the other battles, though...
  • This all seems very strange to me. GW must become very different by lvl 60. I am lvl 56 with only one 7* Ventress, 6* Lumi, and the rest 5* and below. I can finish every day. I use my lesser equipped 3* and 4* players to run the first 5-6 nodes, then gradually bring in the higher *'s . Everyone is max level 56. Finishing the last 3-4 nodes is not difficult, but requires some retreats, adjustments, and a few losses.
    I don't have Barris or Dooku, or any other popular star toon, but I do use RG to great effect. The stun allows me to keep Sid and Dooku, or any other bothersome toon at bay until I finish them off. I think that next to having strong healers, stun is your next best friend.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    This all seems very strange to me. GW must become very different by lvl 60. I am lvl 56 with only one 7* Ventress, 6* Lumi, and the rest 5* and below. I can finish every day. I use my lesser equipped 3* and 4* players to run the first 5-6 nodes, then gradually bring in the higher *'s . Everyone is max level 56. Finishing the last 3-4 nodes is not difficult, but requires some retreats, adjustments, and a few losses.
    I don't have Barris or Dooku, or any other popular star toon, but I do use RG to great effect. The stun allows me to keep Sid and Dooku, or any other bothersome toon at bay until I finish them off. I think that next to having strong healers, stun is your next best friend.

Yeah, its different at higher levels, mate.