Most Efficient Way to Gain Credits

So I don't know about everyone else, but I am always running low on credits in the game. This has been an annoying slowdown at times, so I wanted to take the time to break-down the most effective places to farm for money (Aside from the Bounty Hunter Challenge, free money, no energy!).

Here's the way I built my Excel spreadsheet to look at things:

Squad Cantina Battles:
Lvl 1:
Energy Req: 8
Cantina Credits: 13
Credits: 1,000
Exp: 8

So per unit of energy, you get 1.625 Cantina Credits, 125 credits, and 1 exp (hint, you get 1 exp per unit of energy EVERY mission so far).

This won't surprise anyone, but the best place to farm Cantina Credits and regular cash is actually at the highest level. At Lvl 6, it goes like this: You get 1.75 Cantina Credits, 416.66 repeating, and 1 exp per energy spent. That's the most efficient place to farm credits for the Squad Cantina Battles.

For the Light Side/Dark Side Battles, the gain is mirrored between two, so no difference.

It may surprise folks to know that the Hard Side battles are NOT the most effective places to farm credits. It's actually Normal, highest level. Hard side just isn't as effective.

Just so you guys can see what I mean... At level 7, Normal, you get 86 credits per single energy spent. On level 7, Hard, you only get 72 credits per single energy.

I hope this helps folks a little bit when it comes to getting more credits!

Replies

• Nice breakdown. I personally find the most efficient way to earn credits is to finish GW everyday. I do 2 cantina and 4 normal energy refreshes per day, and spend that energy on whatever I wish to farm, whether or not it gives more credits. I believe most people do it this way, but some that are feeling the credit crunch may find it useful when in a pinch.

Again, nice breakdown of the ratios, as I myself like seeing the comparisons.
  • ChazSunray wrote: »

I can post the full spreadsheet if folks want to see it (and I figure out how to do so without doing a screenshot and then cropping).
  • CPTRogers wrote: »
    ChazSunray wrote: »

I can post the full spreadsheet if folks want to see it (and I figure out how to do so without doing a screenshot and then cropping).

ctrl p and then save it to file instead of printing?
  • So this means that the actual credits challenge (not the daily challenge, but the 24 energy one that is available every day) gives quite a lot more credits per energy than any other place (up to 25k with small chance of 3x for 24 energy)? Interesting. Not that I would prioritize credits over gear, but... maybe in the future is an option to consider.
  • Darth Suicune, I'm not sure that's true. I haven't tested it yet, so I can't back this up with hard evidence, but the credits mission has a chance at a 3x multiplier. Not a guarantee. The daily challenge one is a guarantee. If that 3x reward was every time? 100% would be worth it, but it's not every time.
  • Rover_Dude
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    This won't surprise anyone, but the best place to farm Cantina Credits and regular cash is actually at the highest level. At Lvl 6, it goes like this: You get 1.75 Cantina Credits, 416.66 repeating, and 1 exp per energy spent. That's the most efficient place to farm credits for the Squad Cantina Battles.

It would also be wise to factor in XP drops (In the form of Training Droids). While all the level 6 Cantina missions give 5k credits. 6F/G give more droids thus more efficient.
    Obviously Bounty Hunter missions and Galactic War cost no energy and would be the best place to Start.
    As far as the Profit Mining mission for Credits You would need odds:
    <85% 1x
    >10% 2x
    >5% 3x
    for it to even start to justify it. And even then No droid drops, No Materials, No Character Shard drops, just not Efficient.
    -Omega
  • Yeah I can tell you straight up the profit mining is a total waste. You miss out on the whole reasons you need those credits.

GW is number one; obviously.

Cantina, even at a 2:1 energy ratio is number two for productivity.

Maxxed Light/ Dark is 3, especially when you NEED gear.

Maybe is VASTLY improves at 70 but 2@ energy to 6k credits is nuts.
  • I don't get all this maths :/

You guys talk about:

-417 credits for 1 cantina energy (which have the price of 2 regular energy, so its 209credits/regular energy)
    -86 credits for 1 regular energy at best on the LS/DS normal missions...

And you say that it is the most efficient way to earn credits, when you get at least 8400 credits for 24energy, which means, 350 credits/1 energy. With a possibility of a double or triple!

I mean i understand that right now we are all rushing to the lvl80 ASAP, and XP is extremely important, but i have 1,25mil, and i have:
    -Phasma, Teebo, Doku, Vader and Anakin at 4* ready to upgrade to 5* thats 250.000*5=1,25mil.
    -Old Daka at 6*, ready to upgrade to 7*, and that is another mil.
    -In 2 days i will need 1,5 mil just to upgrade my top 6 toons from lvl 73 to lvl 74.

I came to a point where i simply can't star up the characters!!!
    So what is more important? Gears for the team B or C, or star up my A, B team?
  • Anyway, let's just scratch all the math above and think completely outside of the box!
    -you get 2x120 energy for 2x50cristals. Lets not even think about 100 cristal refreshes.
    -Then you have 2,4 energy/cristal exchange rate each day.
    -So, if i can get 350 credits/1 energy, i get 840credits/1 cristal.
    -Hmmmmm, i have a 595 cristal credit pack which gives me 525.000 credits
    -That's 882 credits/cristal by simply not even exchange the daily 50cristals/120 energy, and after some days, buy the credits pack with the cristals that you daily earn!

Surely you could say that Lucrative mining have some chance to get doubles or triples from time to time, so its gonna be more than 840credits/cristal, but, if you are like me, you are tempted to do some 120energy/100 cristals refreshes when you have some spare cristals, which will ruin the conversion rate.

So the bottom line, for me, which i will only consider after i reach lvl 80, the most efficient way to earn credits is by using my 50cristals refreshes on lucrative mining, and if i have 600 cristals to spare, i'll buy a credit pack.

• ElToro
    149 posts Member
    GW is the answer, i still got two runs to finish, im behind
  • ElToro wrote: »
    GW is the answer, i still got two runs to finish, im behind

GW is part of daily tasks for me, i don't consider it as a grind. It's just one of the things on ToDoList...

But when you done with your daily tasks, played all the hard nodes for the chards, use all your energy on cantina, then... what do you do with your free cristals/energy... Thats where you have some options and thats where efficiency matters the most :)
  • GajoNikado wrote: »
    I came to a point where i simply can't star up the characters!!!
    So what is more important? Gears for the team B or C, or star up my A, B team?

I am in the same boat. I have 400K in credits and a character that will reach 6 stars either today or tomorrow. Obviously, I need to change my strategy and ease off those high star characters for a bit. I guess the nice part of that is that I will move through the "More Powerful" (promote characters) achievement faster by working on lower star characters.
    Darth Suicune, I'm not sure that's true. I haven't tested it yet, so I can't back this up with hard evidence, but the credits mission has a chance at a 3x multiplier. Not a guarantee. The daily challenge one is a guarantee. If that 3x reward was every time? 100% would be worth it, but it's not every time.

You have only a 5% chance of getting that 3X multiplier, and only a 15% chance of getting that 2X multiplier. keep that in mind. It is far from a given.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Heavy Hitter,

-You get AT LEAST 8.400 credits from 24 regular energy, with a chance of multiply frm the Profit Mining.
    -You get 960 credits from 10 regular energy, at regular lvl 8 LS battles.

So, basically, you get 4X less credits from regular missions than from the Profit Mining. IF you don't get the 3X multiplyer. THEN the difference would be even bigger!!!
  • @GajoNikado I got you. So do you use the Profit mining regularly?
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
    So I don't know about everyone else, but I am always running low on credits in the game. This has been an annoying slowdown at times, so I wanted to take the time to break-down the most effective places to farm for money (Aside from the Bounty Hunter Challenge, free money, no energy!).

Here's the way I built my Excel spreadsheet to look at things:

Squad Cantina Battles:
    Lvl 1:
    Energy Req: 8
    Cantina Credits: 13
    Credits: 1,000
    Exp: 8

So per unit of energy, you get 1.625 Cantina Credits, 125 credits, and 1 exp (hint, you get 1 exp per unit of energy EVERY mission so far).

For the Light Side/Dark Side Battles, the gain is mirrored between two, so no difference.

It may surprise folks to know that the Hard Side battles are NOT the most effective places to farm credits. It's actually Normal, highest level. Hard side just isn't as effective.

Just so you guys can see what I mean... At level 7, Normal, you get 86 credits per single energy spent. On level 7, Hard, you only get 72 credits per single energy.

I hope this helps folks a little bit when it comes to getting more credits!

Okay, but why would you ever use LS/DS battles to farm for credits? There's always another gear piece that needs to be farmed. Your spreadsheet is unnecessary.

- LS/DS battles are only for hard mode character shards and for gear pieces.
    - Squad Cantina battles are only for character shards and cantina credits.
    - GW is for a mix of rewards, including gold credits.
    - Everything else is just a daily grind.
  • @GajoNikado I got you. So do you use the Profit mining regularly?

Not at the moment. I'm currently rushing to the lvl 80, and Profit Mining don't give us XP.
    When i reach lvl 80, and IF my priority will be credits, i will be divided between profit mining and credit pack.
  • I wanted to point out the profit mining when i said it a few weeks ago but just out of mathematical snobbery... Unless the game changes insane amounts, gear is invaluable, because you can only obtain some important pieces by spending the energy, while there is other ways to obtain credits. And 50 pieces required, with a 20%ish drop rate, means ~250 attempts, at nodes that cost 8-10 energy, 2000-2500 energy for each piece of gear that requires that particular item. Not even counting if you farm hard nodes for shards.
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    If you're credit shy (for example, you have more training droids than money to use them), then Profit Mining is the best.

Following the 5% for x3 and 15% for x2, that means on average a 24 energy purchase gives you:

100% chance 8400
    5%x+16800 more = 840
    15%x8400 more = +1260
    10500/24 = 437.5 credits/energy

In crystal terms, a 50 refresh = 120 energy = 5 Profit Mining Runs = 52,500 credits, or

1,050/crystal and 2.4XP/crystal.

Compared with purchasing straight crystals, 525,000/595 crystals =

882/crystal and 0 XP/crystal.

Seems like a clear winner to me, which is why I used to use this for all my refreshes.

Now, Guild Activities require spending LS/DS/Hard/Cantina, which will suck up my refreshes. I'll just have to live in a sea of Training Droids :}>