Should the "Raids Rewards" be reviewed ?

Replies

• MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    Akster wrote: »

You are completely mixing up pay to win with pay to advance quicker. It will just take a little longer for you to get the gear to level up your toons eqipment to gear 9/10.

It is just as pay to win as refreshing energy to level up faster. Or to get characters to 7* faster. Or to level up more heroes quicker.

Maybe wait until the update actually hits, you can see the guild store, instead of pre-emtively complaining. Yup, lets re-review rewards which have not even been fully released yet.

That's just flat out wrong. The current setup doesn't allow faster progression, the gear awarded exclusively to the top few players is a gate to progression. If you aren't consistently at the top then you literally never will be. Look at the rewards in depth, please.
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Oh my, I am really the minority here.

I dont think it's a massive gap, though i do think if they make GvG then you guys will complain A LOT more than the current situation.

Unfortunately it is a massive gap. Look through the loot crates and you'll notice that gear that is absolutely necessary to reach gear 9 and beyond is only available to 40% of the guild at best. For a Tier V raid which I believe most people will be doing for the time being, this drops to 6%. That's game breakingly massive.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Yes
    So not only is the general compete with your own guild setup unpopular, the payout is bad for everyone anyways?

D:
  • No
    I change my vote to yes....
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Yes
    This update sucks.
  • Yes
    You'd think they would have at least amped up the first sets of rewards to throw everyone off the scent that the rewards are bad. But no.
  • medetec wrote: »
    So not only is the general compete with your own guild setup unpopular, the payout is bad for everyone anyways?

D:

@medetec

Hmm I sense a disturbance in the force... Our names are so similar.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Yes
    Just change it already, how many negative feedback should you receive ?! For the gods sake CHANGE IT !
  • Hex
    21 posts Member
    Yes
    Alsmost all my 7* characters need one of these 2 items to rank up gear:
    Mark 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars
    Mark 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens
    (at IX there will be other items). I took a look at our newly started raid and was horrified to see that I was not ever going to get one of these. I am in a great guild. Good, strong players. Tier VII prototypes are only offered to the top 20 in a raid.

As it stands I am less than 20 in the order of rewards. (I am not complaining about my rank - we have great players in my guild). But less than 20 means that I cannot get one of these rewards. I am also not stupid enough to think that this will change. I will undoubtedly never get above 20 (especially if those 20 are getting the next tier items every week).

If you are in a strong guild then you can kiss your chances of ever getting any of these items goodbye. Unfortunately I am not in the top 20 and will thus never be able to gear up.

In order to actually gear up any of my characters to IX (and beyond) I may need to create a smaller guild of less than 10/20. Painfully grind lower tiers, but at least I get a shot at an item that is otherwise not available in a strong guild.

If I do a guild of 1-10 It may take a month to get a raid done, but I will at least I will get a tier VII item.
    In a guild of 50 I never will. Guilds are for the top 20 only. Is this 'as designed' ? All guilds should be 20 max. Then everyone at least has a chance.

And yes I can get this in the guild store: I have seen only 1 item I need in the store (most are IX and higher items). But I did see a salvage for +/- 1,700 coins? that means 85000 guild coins for one character? at 500 or so a day? No thanks. And that also means no character shards from guild store. The less guildmates you have the better.

Sad really. Max guild size 20.
  • Yes
    I finished 7th in my raid but got gear from the STR challenges. Now I have 173 Mk III Carbanti Sensor Arrays.

Tier V and above raids should only reward the gear that is exclusive to raids, and all guild members should some.
  • UcAnTtHcHtHiS26
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    I finished 3rd on tier 5 raid and only got 22 MK 3 Carbanti sensor array salvages. The disappointment is real. What's the point of gear obtainable only thru raids if u don't get any salvage for them as a reward?? At least give me a prototype, I finished 3rd ffs. 2 reward boxes and all I get is 22 pieces of salvage for something I'm gonna get about 15 of today thru the attackers challenge. What a joke. I'm not a whale so I felt a sense of accomplishment about finishing 3rd in my guild. Not anymore. If they don't change this, if u didn't precraft ur screwed. Talk about a major letdown smh.
  • Yes
    The guild and raid features have a lot of potential but considering how expensive raids are and how long they can take, its going to take way too long to get even just a few characters to gear level IX, which is something that needs to change.
  • anduincolfer
    155 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    Please give us a proper way of obtaining the gear for the Furnace. FOR RNGESUS **** SAKE I'M BEGGING YOU!!

Half of your characters require that gear. Now it is only obtainable by shipments (which never show up) or gear raids (which is another RNG mess). What's more, only top 20 get a chance of obtaining it at Tier VI.

So some simple math. My guild is already clearing Tier VI. Estimated time to clear one raid is 3-4 days. I need 50 pieces to craft 1 furnace.
    Assuming I get the TaggeCo Lens (x5) once in 2 tries (that's super optimistic)

50/5 = 10 (raids)
    10 (raids) x4 (days) x2 (%chance) = 80 days

Omg realistically I need 80 days to get a furnace?
    By then I would have seen it in the shipments and accumulated enough gems to buy it.

So that's what GUILDs are for?
    Please stop making content that shoots itself in the foot. That's intellectually insulting to your capabilities.
  • Yes
    Having now heard how terrible the rewards are actually across the board, even for the top players in the guild, I'd say that not only does the entire reward structuring need reviewing but categorically everything about raid rewards.
  • Not_Ceth_Senpai
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    Given the rewards people are obtaining in raids and the high competition within guilds with lower ranked members never actually getting any gear, perhaps the more sensible option for such players is to drop from guilds, accumulate crystals and buy the full gear directly from shipments store. It looks quicker. And of course, that will severely hurt guilds by making raids even more slow to progress!
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Yes
    I did write in details about gear drops in separate mail, so just to sum up - for top 20 it is going to take months to grind for one piece of level IX gear obtainable only in raids (and shipments). The rest will never have a chance to gear up. Game over.
  • Vamdemon
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    **** EA YEAH. GO same Systeme Loot Heroes Charge....
  • Yes
    These rewards feel like winning the Olympics and getting a ribbon instead of a medal. Can't believe they thought nobody would notice.
  • Yes
    @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Method @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Great job on the raid itself. However, the loot distribution is terrible and has the community up in arms. Which is compounded by the absolutely terrible rewards you do provide and finally made worse by silence in regards to this situation.

Please acknowledge this. Please make changes to the awful design choices. Because raiding is entirely pointless and a waste of time and money if you are not rewarding players fairly.

I personally was pumped yesterday, I bought a new vault of crystals. Upgraded a bunch of toons. Planned to buy more May the 4th packages. Until I saw the loot rewards at the end of the raid. What is the point of spending on this game of my loot rewards can be obtained in either a single challenge or through a couple 50 crystal refreshes of energy? How are you going to get people to want to raid if this is all they get?

You nearly knocked one out of the park with this update. So so close. But it turned out to by a foul ball.

#shame
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    People need to start voting with their wallets. That is the only language that is loud enough to be heard.
    Stop buying furnaces for crystals. Every time you do this, the message you send is "good job on making these impossible to get without buying them".
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yes
    Apoc wrote: »
    This has been an extremely hot topic since release of the latest update. Why has this not been addressed? They've addressed so many little things, but not this? Where even the whales don't agree with them.

Remember the grievous bug that made him cheaper. They fixed that the day of. Easy to see where their priorities are.

That is pretty funny. They only fix things that make them more money. Have they even commented on this topic? I've seen them comment on other mundane questions, but never on polls like this.
  • RedSix
    92 posts Member
    Yes
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    The rewards are extremely pay to win. Guild members that have the most money get the best rewards constantly. Guilds are supposed to promote teamwork not be a competition of who has the most money.

I disagree with you one one point that the rewards are pay to win. Check of Team Instinct's recap of their prizes. No one got any of the top raid gear, everyone got common items from their "winnings". So it's more like pay to lose or pay to pay. Let's face it no one is winning here.
  • Yes
    They have time to say ... congrats X Team for completing tier 5 raid.. but cant come here or make official post that they will change that stupid reward system..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    Qeltar wrote: »
    People need to start voting with their wallets. That is the only language that is loud enough to be heard.
    Stop buying furnaces for crystals. Every time you do this, the message you send is "good job on making these impossible to get without buying them".

This is the irony with the new update. EA created guilds - then made them useless in the very same update. Guilds don't fix the gear problem the way we were all lead to believe they would. Instead, Guilds were simply the distraction as they reached for your wallet. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Yes
    It's no longer pay to win. The game is currently in a state of precraft to win. Guess what you can't do anymore? That anyone thought this update would fly as is is ridiculous.
  • Yes
    It's going to take a month and a half to get the new gear they introduced for gear 9. That's is if you get lucky and drop 9 twice a week in raids. 10 of my top 13 heroes need that gear. So.....a year and a half at least to grind the new gear?
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Yes
    If the equipment will be only from raid and a player will 100% sure , he will not win this equipment from raid he will go away. Now 60% of guild members can have this sure.
  • Yes
    Yes. The way the rewards are, a lot of my guild can't progress. We will have no chance to do a heroic tier if my weaker members can't get gear to help with the challenge.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Yes
    Yes again.
  • Yes
    @CG_JohnSalera

#GuildStrike
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Yes
    Tier 5 raid
    4lG0nLs.jpg
    I was like is this an error, it takes me shorter time accumulating that gear, than the time I spend on one fight against the rancor

Love the raid
    Hate the winnings
    But that's what they are counting on, so they can say
    "The majority off players are playing the raid, it's just the forum users that are complaining like always"
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection