No sync to google account button in game's setting menu

Tomek
327 posts Member
Dear Admin,
I wait for fix in game in subject of not existing login to google account button in game's setting menu. I know from customer support , it is a bug after defining too low age of player on the begining of game and starting it as guest. It closes the possibility to make real purchases and sync to google for play the game on different devices. It should be fixed in future update .. but no one know when . Maybe you have more info about a date, month ?
Could you confirm the info from support , this fix will be implemented ... or maybe not ?

Replies

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    This is a major problem for many of the early players like myself who never saw a tutorial when I began so I had no option to setup my in-game name, age or anything so it's totally EA's fault. It should be easily possible on their end to simply change your player age, name or anything else. I am contacting support on this issue, I'll keep the player base posted just in case this happened to others, which is surely possible...

UPDATE 4-28-16: Apparently, support told me that the next update will include a way to modify your name, age and other information post installation so once this feature becomes available, I can change my age and then Login to Google and link my Local Account to my Google Play Games fixing this silly issue!!! Let's hope they are right!!!
  • JohnSalera
    311 posts Member
    This is a major problem for many of the early players like myself who never saw a tutorial when I began so I had no option to setup my in-game name, age or anything so it's totally EA's fault. It should be easily possible on their end to simply change your player age, name or anything else. I am contacting support on this issue, I'll keep the player base posted just in case this happened to others, which is surely possible...

UPDATE 4-28-16: Apparently, support told me that the next update will include a way to modify your name, age and other information post installation so once this feature becomes available, I can change my age and then Login to Google and link my Local Account to my Google Play Games fixing this silly issue!!! Let's hope they are right!!!

Not looking to necro this thread, but just wanted to correct some of these statements.

We have no plans, and have never had plans, to enable changing your age in the game. I have followed-up with our Customer Support lead and he will ensure that message is passed along to the rest of the agents.

Every player sees the tutorial, and towards the end of the tutorial is a standard age gate where the player reports their age.

This mandatory step is important for our COPPA compliance (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).

BTW - This age gate happens right around the time you also get to choose a name. Every player saw those steps, even in initial soft launch.
  • Hi John,
    It’s disappointing to hear that we are not going to be able to change our age in the game or receive a solution about it. I made a mistake choosing the age in my new device after ending the tutorial and now I’m not able to play with my google account as I don’t see the button to login Google play. I have tried several times through support but they keep telling me there is no solution. How can this be possible? If you can’t change the age in a single record in the database please delete it. It can’t be that difficult. I’m very **** with this matter; I have spent too much time playing this game, as you can understand I’m not going to start from scratch again. Please some help will be much appreciated.
    Regards

Not looking to necro this thread, but just wanted to correct some of these statements.

We have no plans, and have never had plans, to enable changing your age in the game. I have followed-up with our Customer Support lead and he will ensure that message is passed along to the rest of the agents.

Every player sees the tutorial, and towards the end of the tutorial is a standard age gate where the player reports their age.

This mandatory step is important for our COPPA compliance (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).

BTW - This age gate happens right around the time you also get to choose a name. Every player saw those steps, even in initial soft launch.