The hilarity of Jedi teams

Prev1
Arena - I literally can't get enough of fighting full Jedi teams, I seem to be completely unable to lose against them its hilarious.
Just fought a team with 5k more team power than my team and finished with no deaths and finished on full health haha.

I run, Dooku lead, Sid, Lumi, Daka, GS. Seems to be my best arena team so far, hardly moves down the ladder when left alone!

Replies

• Yeah, unfortunately some of the Jedi damage was nerfed enough to have an effect on how much they can be used. Plus, the AI has no idea how to play Yoda correctly and put the team at an immediate disadvantage. Throw in Dooku's ridiculous dodge rate for the team and Jedi have too much to overcome.
  • daws901 wrote: »
    Arena - I literally can't get enough of fighting full Jedi teams, I seem to be completely unable to lose against them its hilarious.
    Just fought a team with 5k more team power than my team and finished with no deaths and finished on full health haha.

I run, Dooku lead, Sid, Lumi, Daka, GS. Seems to be my best arena team so far, hardly moves down the ladder when left alone!
    It has more to do with the AI than the actual team you're playing against. I always run a full team of 7 star level 75 Jedi:

QGJ leader
    Luminara
    Barriss
    Ahsoka
    Kit

I can, and have, easily beaten teams with the 5 characters you listed.
  • It's not that they're useless, it'sbecause Dooku and Sids have specific buffs against Jedi. But with most every arena team running these two toons, it doesn't make sense to run all Jedi. I did once upon a time, but never broke top 100
  • Hell of a lot of stuns against Jedi as well as evasion, particularly from Sid who (with Dooku's leader ability) dodges something like 50% of attacks > Offense up > Bombs away hah
  • I remember going 32 strikes against Sids without landing a single hit. That's the day I got rid of half my Jedi.
  • Dooku led teams dodge more attacks then phone calls from that wrong date.

Did you post this a month ago and it's showing up now? Get up with the times! You need RG and QGJ bro
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, I found out the other way around with my 5 toon jedi squad against a stronger squad. Sid did his attack, 5 jedi counter attacked and killed him off. Then Phasma did his thing and was counter attacked by 3 of my jedi. Next round Dooku was killed too. I ended with my complete squad full health and my oppenent had no chance at all.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    daws901 wrote: »

Sid, Lumi instead of QGJ and RG? I'd eat your team up ahaha. But seriously there are way to many counters to Jedi right now. They really need to introduce anti-Sith synergies to the game now.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Yeah, hopefully the next Jedi they add have some good Jedi synergy, can actually deal some damage, and aren't Chromium only. I think an IGD lead team with 7-star Aayla, Kit Fisto, Yoda, and QGJ would be pretty good actually. I've seen a couple teams with her and she is a beast but I think she's really key to a good IGD team. Plus you need QGJ to break the taunt so they don't keep attacking the tank instead. Other than that, speed Jedi teams are not great if you're aiming for the top-20 or better. I ran one pre-update and it was good, stayed top-10 with it, but as soon as protection was in the game and they nerfed Yoda, QGJ, and Anakin, it was game over.
  • On offense they beat your team easily also

Yoda BM first, no Dooku and Daka stuns, no heal immunity from Sid, you're an easy win for a Yoda team on offense
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You run Sid and Dooku... pretty much giving yourself every advantage vs Jedi...

And not all Jedi teams are the same.
  • I run a full Jedi squad. It makes me a target because I don't blend in with the vanilla, cookie cutter teams like yours @daws901. But I'd rather have excitement than a boring experience like I would with your team.

A few things that have been mentioned but need to be reiterated because you seem a little cozy on your high horse:
    • You're running a primarily anti-Jedi squad. If you were having problems against AI Jedi then that would be pathetic, in all honesty.
    • You have Dooku lead. Capitalizing on a broken and fairly lazy leadership ability to net easy wins & a painless defense is unimpressive. Furthermore, between his broken evasion boost to allies and Sid's evasion against Jedi, I'm sure you could put your team on Auto.
    • I could, and have, beaten teams like yours with my Jedi squad. If I had a non-jedi squad of any other synergy, it would be exponentially easier instead of requiring tactic working around the 40-50% dodge rate and offense ups, plus stuns. A droid team would tear you apart in two rounds.
    • The true hilarity of Jedi in this game is that there's an abundance of them, but only a few that are truly matched in power with other characters. This requires you to have actual strategy and not just use RNGsus on Auto-Pilot. You keep your boredom - I'll keep having fun. ;)
  • I live for Jedi teams in GW, I get to use my 4* Darth Maul to excellent effect.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I run a full Jedi squad. It makes me a target because I don't blend in with the vanilla, cookie cutter teams like yours @daws901. But I'd rather have excitement than a boring experience like I would with your team.

A few things that have been mentioned but need to be reiterated because you seem a little cozy on your high horse:
    • You're running a primarily anti-Jedi squad. If you were having problems against AI Jedi then that would be pathetic, in all honesty.
    • You have Dooku lead. Capitalizing on a broken and fairly lazy leadership ability to net easy wins & a painless defense is unimpressive. Furthermore, between his broken evasion boost to allies and Sid's evasion against Jedi, I'm sure you could put your team on Auto.
    • I could, and have, beaten teams like yours with my Jedi squad. If I had a non-jedi squad of any other synergy, it would be exponentially easier instead of requiring tactic working around the 40-50% dodge rate and offense ups, plus stuns. A droid team would tear you apart in two rounds.
    • The true hilarity of Jedi in this game is that there's an abundance of them, but only a few that are truly matched in power with other characters. This requires you to have actual strategy and not just use RNGsus on Auto-Pilot. You keep your boredom - I'll keep having fun. ;)

I would love to be able to run a full jedi squad and win consistently with it. I even have most of the right squad. However, I like winning too and think the damage nerfs done to jedi were mostly overdone so currently I don't have any jedi on my top 3 arena team. (The only thing keeping me out of first is the level 80 with gear 10 and 11 on each toon). My team is Dooku, Leia, RG, Fives and Savage. I have excitement with that team because I fight teams equally matched some of them have a jedi or two even. Since every other team out there has QGJ, I choose not to run him and instead have savage in that spot.
    • The problem is even if he wasn't running an anti-jedi squad, it is usually easy to beat jedi.
    • Calling dooku lead lazy and painless defense being unimpressive is your opinion. You seem to be offended by people running Dooku and in turn think its ok to insult those that do. It isn't, so don't do that.
    • You're right, Droid teams (and any decently equipped teams) can beat most teams on offense
    • Again it seems like you are insulting people that don't play the way you think is fun, not sure what you are trying to accomplish with that.

All of that being said, there are several Jedi that need a boost. Sure there are some that are great, QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, Ahsoka, are all good and with a RG taunt, that team can be very effective. OR the new star leader is Old Ben because his dodge+turn meter is working. He is just as viable a Dooku or Rex as leader in high performing arena teams now. Some Jedi like Mace or Kit Fisto need some buffs so I think they would be good candidates to get anti sith abilities (or attacks that can't miss to counteract the dodge).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Who would run an all Jedi team in Arena ?

Noobs.

Noobs.

@DeadHeadAndy I do, and have probably been playing longer than you. Old Ben (L), QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Mace, and I hold around 50-100 pretty steady without many drops.

You know who would run an all Jedi team? Anyone who likes Jedi and doesn't cower at the thought of a challenge.
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I would love to be able to run a full jedi squad and win consistently with it. I even have most of the right squad. However, I like winning too and think the damage nerfs done to jedi were mostly overdone so currently I don't have any jedi on my top 3 arena team. (The only thing keeping me out of first is the level 80 with gear 10 and 11 on each toon). My team is Dooku, Leia, RG, Fives and Savage. I have excitement with that team because I fight teams equally matched some of them have a jedi or two even. Since every other team out there has QGJ, I choose not to run him and instead have savage in that spot.
    • The problem is even if he wasn't running an anti-jedi squad, it is usually easy to beat jedi.
    • Calling dooku lead lazy and painless defense being unimpressive is your opinion. You seem to be offended by people running Dooku and in turn think its ok to insult those that do. It isn't, so don't do that.
    • You're right, Droid teams (and any decently equipped teams) can beat most teams on offense
    • Again it seems like you are insulting people that don't play the way you think is fun, not sure what you are trying to accomplish with that.

All of that being said, there are several Jedi that need a boost. Sure there are some that are great, QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, Ahsoka, are all good and with a RG taunt, that team can be very effective. OR the new star leader is Old Ben because his dodge+turn meter is working. He is just as viable a Dooku or Rex as leader in high performing arena teams now. Some Jedi like Mace or Kit Fisto need some buffs so I think they would be good candidates to get anti sith abilities (or attacks that can't miss to counteract the dodge).

You can run Jedi, you just have to be smart about it. I got up to 41 with Mace as leader. Have done the same with Lumi, QGJ, and Yoda. They're just awful on defense (except now with Old Ben).

I can call Dooku leads painless and lazy because it takes no effort to win and defend with Dooku. You stick him in, not because you like him, but because you know his ability is broke and he's slightly OP overall. It's the easy way to the top, just like with the cookie cutter offensive droid squads, which is why they're always 2-3k below everyone else in power.

Having an advantage and insulting others for not having that advantage is why Dooku leads are ridiculous, and that's an ableist mentality. Not everyone wants to use the same Fives, RG, Dooku, Daka, Rey, GS, etc that everyone else uses. That's boring and not fun. I wouldn't want to play against a bunch of the same squads as me.
  • It's not that they're useless, it'sbecause Dooku and Sids have specific buffs against Jedi. But with most every arena team running these two toons, it doesn't make sense to run all Jedi. I did once upon a time, but never broke top 100

Who runs Sid? I haven't seen a Sid in arena for a month or so.
  • saboater wrote: »

Noobs.
  • 3 of 5 in my team are Jedi right now, but I just don't find a full 5-man squad to be effective enough to challenge #1 and not drop into the 20's and 30's overnight. Anakin's nerf really decimated my team, pre-patch I could hang top-10 and top-5 and only drop into the teens overnight. The Jedi are my favorite but I'm too competitive and don't feel like wasting 3 or 4 crystal refreshes per day to compete. If they give Anakin the buff they deserve and a tank with an actual taunt, I'll probably go back.
  • saboater wrote: »
    It's not that they're useless, it'sbecause Dooku and Sids have specific buffs against Jedi. But with most every arena team running these two toons, it doesn't make sense to run all Jedi. I did once upon a time, but never broke top 100

People who farmed the **** out of him when he was op and thought he would always be op. I still run in to him, but he's definitely more prevalent 50+... Not so much in top 50. He's a pest, and his unique ability has become his weakness. I farmed him to 5* and found him useless
  • I see Sid a lot in GW still. His heal debuff becomes a pain in GW when you're trying to heal-up the squad, otherwise he's not very threatening.
  • I use a team with 4 Jedi ... Because I love Jedi keeps me in the top 200 without any difficulty and that's good enough for me I also use fives but he's been on my team since I unlocked him months ago cool looking toon in my opinion with solid abilities

You are obviously one sided, because what's even funnier is I face your team almost exactly with my ALL Jedi team and I can BEAT you without dying at around 3:00 left.. so you beat me, I beat you, we all go on winning, so just be aware it works both ways!

I look for Dooku and Sid because they are squishy and die like butter. So keep putting up, I will keep knocking them down!

Noobs.

LOL whatever ALL Jedi works just as well if not better than other comps.. Thats what I have, love em.. just because YOU prefer something different does not make everyone else.. BTW its spelled NEWB..

Newb.

It has more to do with the AI than the actual team you're playing against. I always run a full team of 7 star level 75 Jedi:

QGJ leader
    Luminara
    Barriss
    Ahsoka
    Kit

I can, and have, easily beaten teams with the 5 characters you listed.

Same but instead of Kit I have Yoda.. he is only 6*, but the next event he will be 7*!

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I run a full Jedi squad. It makes me a target because I don't blend in with the vanilla, cookie cutter teams like yours @daws901. But I'd rather have excitement than a boring experience like I would with your team.

[*] The true hilarity of Jedi in this game is that there's an abundance of them, but only a few that are truly matched in power with other characters. This requires you to have actual strategy and not just use RNGsus on Auto-Pilot. You keep your boredom - I'll keep having fun. ;)

Hear hear, bravo!

You are doing something wrong, I can easily break 100 with all Jedi and some days if I refresh I can get to between 60 and 80, I don't care about being number one, so I sit in 100-200 range which is good enough the rewards beyond that are not worth the extra effort.

I am sure I can break 50 if given enough time, but I spend enough time in this game... I take my 100 crystal and have doing it. I play many other games..
  • I remember going 32 strikes against Sids without landing a single hit. That's the day I got rid of half my Jedi.

Uh.. RNG is RNG, doesn't matter WHO you use chance to hit is just that a CHANCE.. has ZERO to do with Jedi or anyone else, if we had 1 on 1 we could do SID vs SID I guarantee it would be battle of misses..