Sid needs to be nerfed

2Next

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Lol this thread still going? Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf! Y so much nerf?
  • Haters, I'm not complaining about him, he is an easy kill. I never saw his usefulness in my groups and don't understand why so many people use him.
    Nice point, Drex. Didn't think of it that way.

Because there are only so many choices for people to choose. Sid and Lumi are probably the first characters on here that many people work on first.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Its just ridiculous how many people use him. I'm surprised in GW when I dont see him in a group. No other character is as used/abused. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I doubt you are the only one who feels that way but you are definitely in the minority. As already stated, Sid is easy to get and extremely useful. His usefulness only lasts so long. He was my first 7* and I miss the days I used him in my arena squad. Call me sentimental. I actually used him for the first time in a long time on my GW team. But that was only because I was on the last node, had all of my heroes to burn, and wanted to throw a squad together I've never played with before.
    Haters, I'm not complaining about him, he is an easy kill. I never saw his usefulness in my groups and don't understand why so many people use him.
    Nice point, Drex. Didn't think of it that way.

How long have you been playing? I figured out pretty quickly that in lower levels where people used multiple healers that his ability was super useful AND he was super easy to get.

Also, what do you call asking for a nerf if not complaining?

Also, if he is an easy kill, why does he need a nerf? Why make toons even easier to kill and less annoying? That doesn't make sense to me.
  • did i just see sid and nerf in the same sentence.. LOL he is still a one shot with my G9 Rey. sorry buddy, sid is just fine where he is at.. dead to a pole :)
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    He is the worst character after level 65
  • lol sid is a joke. I haven't used him since lvl 70 tbh. his damage is pretty average and his heal immunity is more often resisted than not. the only good thing I can say about sid is Sadistic glee (high jedi evasion and self heal)

also many ppl get Sid because he is one of the best characters in arena store and pretty good on your way towards 70. I haven't seen Sid in arena teams for a very long time, at least not anywhere in the top 50
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sidious nerfs. Now that isn't a thread I have heard in a very long time...
  • Sidius, the only word i would use to describe him is annoying, but deffo not op.

The fact that he is in nearly every group in gw is always coming to me as a surprise. Dont get it why people using him over much better toons, other than in case they want to be an annoyance to other teams. Which is something i dont get again, why would anyong focus on being annyoing for others than getting theor own gw down, quickly nicely...
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Sid is really not that good. He doesn't really belong on a top 20 arena team
  • People are forgetting that new arena shards are popping up all the time and how dominate SID is early game.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • To the original poster: Welcome to the forums, ya nincompoop
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    LlwllynZ wrote: »
    Sidius, the only word i would use to describe him is annoying, but deffo not op.

The fact that he is in nearly every group in gw is always coming to me as a surprise. Dont get it why people using him over much better toons, other than in case they want to be an annoyance to other teams. Which is something i dont get again, why would anyong focus on being annyoing for others than getting theor own gw down, quickly nicely...

not sure that the squad you use in GW will automaticallly be the squad other ppl encounter in GW. I dont see alot of barriss's out there and i believe alot of players do use her in GW.
    anoying the enemy is a sound strategy aswell.
    and sid is a usefull toon in GW, he just doesnt die. cruising trhought the first half of GW without having to manually heal him a single time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    The issue is not Sid but GW matchmaking.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • He is the most used char because of how easy he is to farm. Before the protection update, people didn't really have many good options to use arena shipments on, so just about everyone chose Sid. He is nowhere near overpowered. He isn't on any teams close to the top of the rankings.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Sid is a stud early on because he's easy to get, he's fast, and he makes healing (which is popular in the early game) harder. But as a server matures Sid just becomes annoying to Jedi.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Stop relying so much on Jedi. I'm buffing up my DS characters and GW and Arena is easier
  • Sid is good against jedi. Not good against non-jedi. I don't mind facing him now that I have bariss with team of rebels
  • Ahahahahaha. Nerf sid. Make him attack with his index fingers. He's complete trash, only useful in GW.
  • Lol Sid is an easy to farm starting character - wouldn't call him OP at all
  • Use tenacity up. It works brilliantly against sid and vader. Even Phasma's speed down. Yoda and Rex come to mind.