Crystal purchases of full gear items in Shipments

Replies

• DarthGozu wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera

I think you guys have a strong sense of humour releasing fully crafted gear costing large amount crystals in the shipments with people getting easily confused by the interface resulting in them spending money by mistake. Isn't it ironic considering that in a recent past you have removed the Inventory using as an excuse the importance of protecting people from selling their precious gear by mistake. Spending money by mistake yes! getting credits by mistake no!
    Isn't funny how the in game history shows you too be right :)
    Might take others a lot longer to figure it out, after they feel like they've been had..

Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Sly and deceptive.

The sort of thing I would expect from used car salesmen.
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    It's good in my. That you can now buy item of equipment. That you can collect and what to buy and thus produce full gear. It saves time, energy and effort. The only thing you do not mistakes in the names and need to consider the image of the gear carefully to buy exactly what you need.
  • wrilley wrote: »
    I actually changed my mind about pursuing a refund after I figured out what I bought. It was something that I needed that is difficult to farm. The only little niggle is that I have no idea what I payed for it! If anyone sees the stun gun, tell me the cost please XD
    If it's the Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype, I'm seeing it in my Shipments as 1274 Crystal.
  • Apostilo wrote: »
    Anyone got response by Ea on this matter yet ? 12 hours of silence already , wondering if i did the ticket righ? Should it be on missing content section or technical support?

Have you got a response yet? Did you do through technical support or missing content?
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    Thanks for acknowledging this, I usually buy all gear, and stopped myself just in time before hitting the 1400 crystals item which I didn't even need, hehe.
  • I got this reply from my support ticket. Doesn't seem like they have done anything yet. Does anyone know when or if anything will happen. I saved for 2 weeks for those crystals and really didnt want to spend them. Its discouraging and frustrating to be tricked.
    Thanks for writing in. Upon investigation, there are no crystals disappearing from your account.

What has happened is that with the update on 4/25, higher-rarity gear pieces were added to the Shipments store that are purchased with crystals instead of with credits.

As this addition was not explicitly called out after the update, many players purchased the gear – usually to satisfy the daily activity of purchasing three shipments – without noticing that it was a crystal purchase, not credits.

Based on player feedback, we’re going to be moving these new gear pieces so that they are no longer clustered together next to the credit-purchasable gear pieces to help prevent unintended purchases. We’re also looking into how to make right with players that bought gear that they didn’t intend to. Once we have a plan in place, we’ll make an official announcement on the forums with the details.

Our sincere apology for any confusion or inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved for you.
  • wrilley wrote: »

I actually changed my mind about pursuing a refund after I figured out what I bought. It was something that I needed that is difficult to farm. The only little niggle is that I have no idea what I payed for it! If anyone sees the stun gun, tell me the cost please XD

fi2oDqV.png
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not going to read through 5+ pages of comments, but I will say I think it's a great idea to offer the full gear pieces and they are not unreasonably priced to me. I might add I'm not planning on paying more than $1.99 for a small push towards those crystal quantities.

Just save your crystals that you normally farm gear with: the ROI on these are reasonable and actually allow players to not have to be playing as often, which is great! You'll be giving up the experience points you would have gotten, but a top arena FTP could conceivably get 5 furnaces in 4 weeks rather easily!
  • I, for one, HATE this change. I feel like it was done intentionally to trick people.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    WDW wrote: »
    Hi @CG_JohnSalera

Thanks for explaining. I love the game and the changes never moaned once about it. I think you just have to adjust but one thing I am genuinely concerned about is the ability to increase gear level. I understand the reasons behind making certain pieces a premium currency and that's fine for those that want to invest to that level. However I am concerned with the alternative left for everyone else.

As you know it takes a long time to farm 50 purple pieces but some of this gear is now only obtainable in the Rancor event which is likely to be once every other day. And within that it's only a chance of getting the correct gear item from a potential pool of 20 odd choices. I don't mind the grind don't even mind making it harder to obtain these pieces but i don't believe it should be impossible close to impossible

There is a current issue where people had pre crafted gear which is a huge advantage to them plus as we get ever closer to level 80 that advantage increases with little hope for people to catch up.

I respect your need for a business model and no worries for those that can purchase it's a good idea to help people make progress but I also believe there should be a form of solution for eveyone else.

Many thanks and keep up the good work
    WDW

+1
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    The shipments are better, I have bought one for 273 crystals which has saved me a lot of time. But when it first came out, not only did they barely mention the change, they mixed the order so that it's very easy to lose an absurd amount of crystals over unnecessary purchases! I was one of the lucky ones that saw and noticed before buying like me and so many others normally do. Either it was a huge mistake and oversight that could have been very easily noticed, or it was done on purpose. Both are a pretty twisted thing to do.
  • Realize that a lot of people do a lot of stuff on auto in your games. I tried to buy one of the things, not because I was confused, but because I buy all 4 items every single time I can to get my last Vader shard for 5 stars through the achievement and don't need to stop and check anything. Luckily I didn't have enough crystals.
  • This is the response I got from EA
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Worldwide Customer Experience. There is a wealth of information that can be found on our help site: www.help.ea.com

My name is Mxxxxx and I am glad to have assisted you with your concern today.

I really do apologized but I can't validate your claim.

Thanks for understanding

Basically EA is saying tough titties to us all who inadvertently fell into this trap. Admiral Akbar couldn't have said it better.

• I wrote EA and did a live chat. I got a refund
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • While I didn't have a great experience with EA support, EA_Jesse really came through. If you are getting the run-around with support, then send a PM to EA_Jesse. He worked to get me a refund of the crystals that were accidentally spent and it didn't take me much effort.

It is nice to know that CG really does want to make this right and provide refunds where appropriate.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    My thoughts on the subject: I think it is great that they are putting previously unobtainable gear in shipments. The credit cost isn't TOO insulting. I would actually love to buy a MK5 furnace. However, I have not seen one yet. The biggest problem with these gear being in shipments is that we have to deal with RNG to buy one. If I want to buy something, like a furnace or 4, I shouldn't have to "HOPE" it shows up in shipments. Please make the MK5 Furnace a guarantee once per day in shipments and stop frustrating your player base, specifically the ones who want to spend.... @EA_Jesse is buying the gear we need really intended to be layered behind RNG?

ETA: One more question. Is it possible to get a list of all the gear that is potentially available through shipments (able to purchase with crystals). This is important information for those that may be tempted to refresh the shipment shop. @CG_JohnSalera
    Post edited by RAYRAY on
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • While I didn't have a great experience with EA support, EA_Jesse really came through. If you are getting the run-around with support, then send a PM to EA_Jesse. He worked to get me a refund of the crystals that were accidentally spent and it didn't take me much effort.

It is nice to know that CG really does want to make this right and provide refunds where appropriate.

That's nice that he has helped you... as to others I think he could do more
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • I too am Struggling to secure a refund . 2 chats and 4 support tickets - all closed have yielded no results . Pretty disheartening
  • Egor
    86 posts Member
    I purchased some on purpose and didn't receive them, annoying to say the least, I assumed they would show up at a later date and as I was already going to bed when I make the decisions to buy stuff in a game :) I didn't document when these things happened... happened a few times

The last time I had this happen I submitted a ticket since I was starting to see a pattern, most show up no problem, sometimes they dont. Well let me just say that the support system is underwhelming to say the least.

I understand that I should of kept records of every single case and date and all that but I didn't to which I was informed I was basically SOL, very irritating but ok...

The one that I could produce a time and date and all the exact details you would expect it would be taken care of right? His answer to the problem was... wait longer....

Seriously? I'm to the point where I wont give this game another dime of my money, also will be calling EA on monday... worst support ever.

• ChaosDoom wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera Is it possible to include the MK 5 Droid Callers in Shipments too? I have been refreshing to 3600 for the last 3 days but cannot seem to find any Droid Callers.

Thanks.

Omg
  • ChaosDoom wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera Is it possible to include the MK 5 Droid Callers in Shipments too? I have been refreshing to 3600 for the last 3 days but cannot seem to find any Droid Callers.

Thanks.

Omg

I refreshed to 2.48 x 10 ^ 7 crystals and can't find mk5 arakyd droid callers either. But as an aside your stock price is climbing a lot.
  • I wouldn't mind the purchasable items being there, except for the fact that the regular purple salvage that you could previously buy for credits seem to have disappeared. I get maybe 1-2 pieces throughout an entire day of refreshes.

EA giveth, EA taketh away.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Which support tree do we need to use for this?
    Report a big,
    technical support or
    missing content?

I was really baffled when I mysteriously lost over 1500 crystals and couldn't figure out what happened until I realized I had spent them by mistake because they were out of place in the shipment screen. No idea what I bought, esp since it has been a few days. Would really appreciate getting this sorted and the crystals back.
  • Just an update here...

We are only refunding Crystals for people who purchased items from Shipments after the data update that went live in the morning of Monday, April 25th (Pacific time) and before the data update that went live in the evening of Monday, April 25th (Pacific time).

If you feel like you made a Shipments purchase for Crystals during that window, please log a customer support ticket.

The evening update on April 25th sorted all of the crystal-based purchases to the top (and credit-based ones to the bottom).

We certainly never intended to trick anyone as has been claimed a number of times. We would never do that.

However, since people were complaining about the sort order of the items, we made that change and decided to offer refunds for purchases made during that time window outlined above.

It's worth noting that even prior to the sort order change:
    • The buttons have the currency to be spent on them.
    • Once you press the button there's a confirmation screen which spells out what you're buying and what you're spending.

For people who have logged support tickets for actions that fall into the time window outlined above, but have not been able to get your crystals refunded please let us know.

If you are seeking a crystal refund for actions outside that window, we are not offering those refunds and so the Customer Support team may decline your request.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for that J. I logged mine days ago, so when and how exactly are we going to be refunded? Notification? Inbox?

Same, i logged mine days ago with no response after the generic email.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    @Galgenstrick Thank you!
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    To be fair EA this isn't right. Some people have had to earn their parts. Now you're just letting people buy them. Shame on you!

• It's worth noting that even prior to the sort order change:
    • The buttons have the currency to be spent on them.
    • Once you press the button there's a confirmation screen which spells out what you're buying and what you're spending.

Don't try @CG_JohnSalera personal accountability and reading skills are a dying concept in this world, especially the USA.
This discussion has been closed.