Crystal purchases of full gear items in Shipments

123457Next

Replies

• Don't try @CG_JohnSalera personal accountability and reading skills are a dying concept in this world, especially the USA.

While you are correct it is the players responsibility as well as the game company the fact is, day after day, every 6 hours, players would go and auto buy the bottom 4 items like robots just to get the daily and progress towards the achievement. Then, without warning, it changed and so people are a little annoyed.

• Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Just an update here...

We are only refunding Crystals for people who purchased items from Shipments after the data update that went live in the morning of Monday, April 25th (Pacific time) and before the data update that went live in the evening of Monday, April 25th (Pacific time).

If you feel like you made a Shipments purchase for Crystals during that window, please log a customer support ticket.

The evening update on April 25th sorted all of the crystal-based purchases to the top (and credit-based ones to the bottom).

We certainly never intended to trick anyone as has been claimed a number of times. We would never do that.

However, since people were complaining about the sort order of the items, we made that change and decided to offer refunds for purchases made during that time window outlined above.

It's worth noting that even prior to the sort order change:
    • The buttons have the currency to be spent on them.
    • Once you press the button there's a confirmation screen which spells out what you're buying and what you're spending.

For people who have logged support tickets for actions that fall into the time window outlined above, but have not been able to get your crystals refunded please let us know.

If you are seeking a crystal refund for actions outside that window, we are not offering those refunds and so the Customer Support team may decline your request.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

John this is the exact window at issue for me. The unannounced change was horrible because the bottom four shipments have been the ones to click for months and are just a quick activity to tick off each day without thought or observation.

Changing the order without announcing anything was absolutely going to go un noticed because there was no need to pay attention to the screen during this repetitive part of the daily process after months of the tops being exactly the same.

This is what happened to me. I noticed change only after my crystal balanced dropped by about 1500 and actually spent a long time trying to figure out what happened.

I have both university and graduate degrees and actually lead a team in software product development, so without getting in the weeds of it all - these types of unannounced UX changes almost always lead to user confusion and really go against all best practices. Do learn from this experience during the update cycles! Easy mistake to avoid :)

It is wonderful that you are going to provide refunds of the crystals.

Can you please clarify Which support ticket tree should requests go to for best service?

Report a big,
    technical support or
    missing content?

Thanks!
  • @CG_JohnSalera , I purchased the shipment within the window for which refunds were being given, but Customer Experience replied that they were unable to help and close the ticket. What should I do? Log another ticket? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I will like to see the MK 5 Droid Caller added to the rotating inventory please. Don't let the gap between the precrafters and non grow!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This x 1000.
    Stun cuffs, furnaces, stun guns available. At least the furnaces are there. But the only way to get a mk5 Droid caller in the next two months is to win the Rancor lottery.

Meanwhile some accounts precrafted 5+ of these unobtaniums. Well some of us couldn't even farm those pre update gears yet, let alone the majority of players that didn't get the memo.

It is cool to hold those back and let certain toons have their moment to shine. But not cool to let a small minority of players have what amounts to sole access to mk5 droid callers. For months.

If tier 5 drops 1 salvage per raid (which it won't, because there are at least 10 other obtainable pieces that m8ght drop), it would take a high level guild member 4 months to grind a caller. My guild, it will take one month just to get the first salvage, Lol. It has taken 48 hours to get halfway through tier 4. I can hardly wait to get 3 pieces of something that drops on LS 3B, sometime on monday.

These obtainable low level gears better drop complete like candy so non-uber guilds can level up and take a crack at the tier 5 pinata, at least.

This is a solo player phone app. Some of us don't want to send out resumes to get into an Uber guild.

It would be nice if it felt like I was helping my lower lvl guild mates. But instead it feels like we are all just wasting our time. The only guilds that will be successful are the ones that restrict membership to lvl75+, at least 15 7S toons. Because the only loot worth winning is some piece of garbage calied a mk5 Droid caller. And han shards.

Once you turn a sci fi rpg into a social network8ng thing, you already lost half your user base. :):)
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Daryth
    93 posts Member
    I bet half the people claiming it was a mistake bought on purpose and came straight to the forum to cry foul. This is probably being generous. I had no issues figuring out that items cost crystals. Thank you for this EA, especially with me having 9 toons needing furnaces. Agree droid callers needed too though :)
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    No resolution here yet.

They asked to attach my screenshots but when Infollow the instructions they gave me, this appears:

You currently do not have any cases with us,

:|
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    No resolution here yet.

They asked to attach my screenshots but when Infollow the instructions they gave me, this appears:

Message EA Jesse personally
  • Ceberus
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They took Gear 8 lvl 73 and 74 only out of the Farm Spot that they can sell them at the shipment, because Raid is just an excuse for them. They never intendet that you can get them often enough out of Raids that you don't need to buy em. Well it's a good money Spot who all ned to do when they want to stay compete in Arena because alot weil buy them anyway, and screw not only themselves because EA made a new successful money Grab.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DieInFire wrote: »
    No resolution here yet.

Message EA Jesse personally

I did and told me to try the ticket route
  • @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera Have you considered changing the gear icons slightly so it is clear which are the full pieces and which are the components?

• Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Please add all the unobtainiums to the shipment shop, Ill buy them.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    ChaosDoom wrote: »
    @CG_JohnSalera Is it possible to include the MK 5 Droid Callers in Shipments too? I have been refreshing to 3600 for the last 3 days but cannot seem to find any Droid Callers.

Thanks.

Omg

I'm lost.
  • Some of us have not had the opportunity to buy furnaces. Can you put that **** in heavy rotation like stun guns pls thx
  • maybe just have a "Are You Sure ?" message after you click a purple crystal button...well that was an easy fix ,... may the force be with you....
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Some of us have not had the opportunity to buy furnaces. Can you put that **** in heavy rotation like stun guns pls thx

+1 would be great
  • mrgoopy
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Update: guess the 3rd live chat did the trick. Finally got my gems back. No idea why it worked this time but not the first two attempts...

@EA_Jesse: Hoping you'll be of more help than the generic EA customer support. I spent somewhere north of 500 crystals on the shipment bug after the 25 Apr patch went live morning PST (it was around tues midnight New Delhi time). A week, 4 emails, and 2 live chats later, I was just informed that my support ticket was closed due to lack of evidence:
    I regretfully inform you that the we have reviewed your account report and we couldn't confirm the loss of any items.

Please see some details about the investigation below.

I am sorry that the review was inconclusive and hope that this information gives you some clarity.

In case we can help you with anything else, feel free to contact us again for assistance.

We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance
    Regards,
    Himachal S.
    EA Customer Experience

Despite the message content, there were no additional "details" included. I can only assume that a) the investigation did not account for timezone issues, or b) no investigation was actually done. My original closed ticket was #23521456. I just reopened a new one, #23616633.

Thank you!
    Post edited by mrgoopy on
  • EricTheSquirrel
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    **Update. This has now been resolved! live chat today got me taken care of after referencing this forum thread!

Thanks @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera for the behind the scenes stuff!

So im now 5 tickets in with 3 live chats and no success. I reached out to @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera . John replied that he'd contacted the lead support rep and @EA_Jesse however ive still not heard back.

This is really disheartening as I lost 2500 gems :( really hoping for a resolution. But starting to lose hope
  • I would like to take the time to bump this thread to highlight just how great the CG staff are. It is clear they are the good guys here.

After following the steps John posted to the 'T', I filed two tickets and received not a single reply from EA.

At this point, I contact John directly, and he was extremely nice about the situation and told me he would forward my information to EA Jesse and the support team.

I provided a detailed account of what happened (early morning first thing after the update), and explained the situation, referenced this thread with a link, and gave my user id and player id.

That was 3 or 4 days ago, today I am greeted by a wonderful sight:
    aP97wAW.png

Just want to personally thank @CG_JohnSalera and @EA_Jesse and the entire support team for coming through and making amends.

I lost 1500 crystals and as a FTP player who had been saving them for months, it was a big loss. They went as far as to give me 500 extra which I assume is for the inconvenience. It's nice to see a company still upholding the ideals of any real business, i.e. customer service. It's a shame the publisher of this game doesn't hold customer service to the same standard but I am just glad the issue is resolved.

May even just pick up the 21 day crystal subscription after this! Thanks again CG and staff.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    After I think three weeks. Support finally replied with a statement saying to post on the forums then closed the case lol.....
This discussion has been closed.