Gear level max?

What's the gear level max? I have not upped Boba or FOTFP so I have no chars maxed out of their level 7 gear. I understand that there is a gear level 8 but it sounds like there is no gear level 9, correct? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of gear will be necessary to cap characters once the level 60 cap is removed.

Really looking forward to farming a billion purple parts shared by all my chars by simming missions all day.... :(

Replies

• Greedo's level 60 max is gear VIII. He will get gear IX at level 61.
  • I have Boba at gear 8. He will only get two more pieces at 70 cap and stay gear 8. 2x25 agility upgrades will be available. 50 pieces each of an item that is not currently farmable.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm actually asking what the max gear level is in the game. Obviously 7* is a max in the current game barring a major change in UI/database structure. I just want to know if everytime there is a level change if we're going to deal with also having to gear up. So is gear level 9 the max? Gear level 10? There is almost certainly a max out there. I'd like to know what that is so I can get a better idea of how characters we have in game today will act whenever they finish capping off gear.

IE. Since speed is governed completely by gear you'd be able to figure out who would be the fastest character end-game even if they aren't the fastest now and won't be at gear 8.
  • Arillian wrote: »
    I have Boba at gear 8. He will only get two more pieces at 70 cap and stay gear 8. 2x25 agility upgrades will be available. 50 pieces each of an item that is not currently farmable.

whats his basic/critical damage like?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    There is a gear X Ewok Elder in DS mission 6B hard.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I would guess yes every time the cap is raised new gear will be released. It's a way EA can buff/nerf characters without causing a Barriss fiasco. Too strong limit to gear IX too weak raise up to gear X. If you ever read what each component of each piece of gear does, EA can and will change how a character grows by gear addition.
  • How can you tell his gear level? I have 6-B unlocked although I haven't bothered beating it.
  • Look at the notches around his head
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Look at the notches around his head

Never quite noticed that. Really hard to make out on an iphone 6 screen. 6 notches for gear level 7 then it looks like it runs a connector between notches to indicate another level? It kind of looks like he has 4 connections between so wouldn't that be gear level 11 (6 raised bits and 4 connecting lines).

EDIT> looks like you have 6 notches at gear 6 and 6 notches (plus purple) gear level 7. 4 notches and blue is gear level 5. I'll have to find a Boba or FOTF pic to see what 8 looks like.

Still that actually makes me feel pretty confident that gear level of that Ewok is the final gear level today. Obviously they can recode to add gear levels/stars but more than likely they feel that's end-game. The pic is just too crowded for them to add on to the existing one. No idea why they didn't just provide a new color at level 9...
  • If the pattern holds gear X will be a different color. Orange? Red?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    If the pattern holds gear X will be a different color. Orange? Red?
    X is purple with a patern and notches. Bosses in DS 6 hard have it.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot