So lets talk about Ackbar, Poogle & Poe...

Replies

• I'm preparing for the hostile droid takeover when BB8 is released by taking Datcha and Jawa to 7. More jawas plz.
  • Poe: Current max gear 7, 5*
    Viable at 70?
    • absolutely
    • biggest worries are over fully utilizing his potential: team synergy
    • is he or will he be a better tank than Han?

Potency and tenacity at 60?
    • potency: 40%
    • tenacity: 64% (included are the gains from Stand Firm unique lvl 5)

Taunt proc 3/5?
    No
    • 65% chance to expose enemy means almost always at best against AI I get 3
    • 1 time procced on 5, quite a few on 4. Majority for me is 2 procs. Some 0s and 1s
    • taunt also has a turn meter reduction, but it does not come close to Hans manipulation of a battle

Other Positives
    • speed: 138
    • resists negative status effects like no one else can, and heals every time he does! Currently at 5% per resist, will be at 7.5 with update. I love going against debuff teams
    • basic attack: offense down 40%, doubled when opponent has a negative status effect

Basic attack is very weak. HP pool at 5* max is 10,759, so I only keep him alive when fighting AI teams that use debuffs.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thundergod wrote: »
    Asaaj can easily die before she even gets a turn off if she's not the leader.

I've been an Asajj fan for a long time and she's been in my Arena team since the start, but even I am starting to lose patience with her slow speed. I am leveling her up and have her at 5*, but even at 6* I am not sure I will be able to keep her on my team. If I do, it will only be because I love stuns.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • GenghisDon
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't think the meta will change at all other than toons like Dooku getting booted from the meta sine he will be a one hit kill soon.

SPEED and DPS will always be king. Debuff and buff are great, but the AI is way to poor at this point to make them options for holding top spots in pvp. Since humans will always target the buff givers and the AI is some form of RNG driven targeting, I can't imagine AoE/DPS speed teams ever not being on top.
  • I am also working on a team with ackbar, leia, han, phasma and lando. The turn potential there is incredible, but I just see that team being too squishy. Han would get rolled over after using taunt, the only thing would be to hope that leia and lando crit hit like crazy on round 2 and ackbar heals all the dots.
  • Good Good...Keep going at that wrong direction people... >:)
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey WhipiT, great Post dude!
    WhipiT wrote: »
    To the Poe users.....do you think Poe could be a viable tank at 70? What is his potency and tenacity at level 60 in epic tier? Does the expose stick reliably on at least 3/5 targets?
    Since i've read here a couple of different numbers regarding his Potency / Tenacity:
    Z8xcRBA.jpg
    Level 60, max gear.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty confident the numbers add up like this : 47%(base) + (12 % from gear) = 59 % TOTAL
    The dev on reddit mentioned some time ago that the 47 % is already the combined max value, means that is what he actually has. But i think there was some blunder/misunderstanding there. Reason being, if you equip +% Tenacity gear the base number never goes up. Only the numbers inside the parentheses go up. Other example: Kylo has just plain 116 speed max gear, no brackets there, Lumi has 115 (+ 3) speed and ALWAYS moves first. I've never ever seen Kylo moving before Lumi.
    Now add to that the 30 % Bonus from his Skill " Stand Firm " and you got a TOTAL of 89 % Tenacity. That's just huge, right there. On top of that he gets healed for currently 5 % of his max hp every time he resists (7,5% at level 62).
    Lets assume worst case even if he only gets another + 3-5 % Tenacity from gear VIII as JSA mentioned, what could/would be totally possible, and even if he won't be able to advance to gear IX, thats still a total of ~93% Tenacity he has. Strong value.
    Btw while am i at it. The reason why a lot of people were complaining that Sid's Heal debuff gets often resisted is: Cause Sid has exactly 0 % Potency! ZERO Potency at max gear. I have yet to see a single Heal Immunity Debuff from Sid sticking on Poe. Not once. Kylo gets his debuff off every now and then (rarely) cause he has 32 % Potency at max gear. But Sid ? No way. Not on Poe.
    Expose sticks reliably on at least 2/5 targets for me. Sometimes 4-5/5 can happen (huge) as well as 0-1/5.
    So, yes indeed, as Metschina123 mentioned i think Poe will be a viable Tank at 70. Probably the Go To Tank for the majority.
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Darivon wrote: »
    Hey WhipiT, great Post dude!
    WhipiT wrote: »
    To the Poe users.....do you think Poe could be a viable tank at 70? What is his potency and tenacity at level 60 in epic tier? Does the expose stick reliably on at least 3/5 targets?
    Since i've read here a couple of different numbers regarding his Potency / Tenacity:
    Z8xcRBA.jpg
    Level 60, max gear.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty confident the numbers add up like this : 47%(base) + (12 % from gear) = 59 % TOTAL
    The dev on reddit mentioned some time ago that the 47 % is already the combined max value, means that is what he actually has. But i think there was some blunder/misunderstanding there. Reason being, if you equip +% Tenacity gear the base number never goes up. Only the numbers inside the parentheses goes up. Other example: Kylo has just plain 116 speed max gear, no brackets there, Lumi has 115 (+ 3) speed and ALWAYS moves first. I've never ever seen Kylo moving before Lumi.
    Now add to that the 30 % Bonus from his Skill " Stand Firm " and you got a TOTAL of 89 % Tenacity. That's just huge, right there. On top of that he gets healed for currently 5 % of his max hp every time he resists (7,5% at level 62).
    Lets assume worst case even if he only gets another + 3-5 % Tenacity from gear VIII as JSA mentioned, what could/would be totally possible, and even if he won't be able to advance to gear IX, thats still a total of ~93% Tenacity he has. Strong value.
    Btw while am i at it. The reason why a lot of people were complaining that Sid's Heal debuff gets often resisted is: Cause Sid has exactly 0 % Potency! ZERO Potency at max gear. I have yet to see a single Heal Immunity Debuff from Sid sticking on Poe. Not once. Kylo gets his debuff off every now and then (rarely) cause he has 32 % Potency at max gear. But Sid ? No way. Not on Poe.
    Expose sticks reliably on at least 2/5 targets for me. Sometimes 4-5/5 can happen (huge) as well as 0-1/5.
    So, yes indeed, as Metschina123 mentioned i think Poe will be a viable Tank at 70. Probably the Go To Tank for the majority.

Thank you so much for sharing that information @Darivon !! Great stuff.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    And here I had just convinced myself to get Fives after starring up Daka. Thanks a lot! :)
    Seriously though, it does sound like Poe is worth getting. Thanks. Sad that it will take forever though.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    And here I had just convinced myself to get Fives after starring up Daka. Thanks a lot! :)
    Seriously though, it does sound like Poe is worth getting. Thanks. Sad that it will take forever though.

Right!! I unlock Poe tommorrow but yeh he wont be in my main line up for a while.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I don't even know what my lineup is going to be at this point. I was trying to set up a multiattack/stun/slow/counter team but I don't think it's going to work very well. :) Fives would fit that team, but I don't think it will work anyway, so maybe I should start on Poe. Even getting a new character from there to 4* takes weeks though.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Lianara wrote: »
    Counter to Poe could be Asajj or Pho, who both can strip away the taunt.
    I am also curious concerning benefits of Lobot versus Akbar. I guess Akbar in Rebel synergy and Lobot in Droid synergy.
    I don't even know what my lineup is going to be at this point. I was trying to set up a multiattack/stun/slow/counter team but I don't think it's going to work very well. :) Fives would fit that team, but I don't think it will work anyway, so maybe I should start on Poe. Even getting a new character from there to 4* takes weeks though.

I'm still finishing up daka to 7* as well but I got 132 five shards waiting for a lucky bronzing drop when it happens I will most likely level fives up whole way not just for extra help in gw but I'm predicting a strong clone synergy team later on
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My question on Poe is whether or not other characters will gain enough speed through gear to mitigate his speed advantage which to me is the main reason you use him. With 138 today basically he gets his taunt off before anyone but Dooku can stop him. I'm concerned that he won't get additional speed gear and other chars will be able to leapfrog him making him a lot easier to fight against.

The expose hits pretty reliably on 2/5 chars for me. When it pops all 5, which has happened, the match is basically over. I've also intentionally not upgraded Sid to max gear. By leaving his mid-right piece of lvl 7 gear off his speed is 136. This means that he will always be able to trigger his AOE after Poe and 50/50 that Poggle does offense up before (his speed is also 136). Sid's AOE with Poggle is decent and combined with the expose it forces any humans to heal with Lumi. When his Expose doesn't hit it really isn't a major hit. But it is very nice when his expose hits on a preferred target even if that's the only char who gets it.

I am currently running Lumi and Luke as my 4/5 although Luke will be replaced by IG-88 in another week or so to really synergize. With all my chars able to do dots first round but Poggle (who obviously buffs the crap out of 88) it's should be a pretty effective AOE.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I really also like the idea of getting Poggle for the offense up, it's just that this seems to be all he brings to the table unless running a droid squad, and droids just haven't interested me much.
    Plus of course, the problem of being limited to only 5 chars. How hard will this be in a year when there are 50+ more chars than now? Hmm.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Qeltar Heh yeah i like Fives, can't pinpoint why exactly but i like that toon. Would love to build him. Valdorian on my Shard got something like a "Clone Squad" going with Fives, Clone Sergeant, Plo, IG-88 and someone else i forgot. Fives and that Clone-Sergeant synergise really well together and put out some decent dps. The squad has an interessting, kinda unique flair but It feels like its missing something to really shine.
    He's still consistently sitting in top 10 with 22k Power, so no problems there.
    Poggle is worth getting, even at 5* i guess.
    Regarding Characters from Squad Cantina Shipments the sweet spot to aim for is probably at 6*. Since 7 Stars just seems too far away with one refill per day.
    @SlyGambit Dunno dude, only time will tell.
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I really also like the idea of getting Poggle for the offense up, it's just that this seems to be all he brings to the table unless running a droid squad, and droids just haven't interested me much.

In my experience with him max geared and 5* he hits a a lot harder in pure damage than a Bariss/Chewy so its not completely worthless and he also has a 65% ability block on his basic attack. It doesn't hurt that everytime he attacks he's got offense-up so his base of 1k jumps around 1.5k.

If he fires off, and he usually does, and then you have 2 attackers follow him that are able to do ~3k solo shot base attacks (Luke/Lumi for me) then they're doing an additional 3k assuming no crits. With crits they can do 6k each so an addition 6k (18k total). This is assuming that you have three attackers and the other team has offed at least one of your three.

If you can have someone that give you 3k-6k a turn for 2 turns and has a good chance at an ability block on the second turn it's not a bad character and to me that's his minimum contribution. When you get your fourth/fifth character to also hit because the other side didn't off one of them it's just bonus.

Plus in the Healer/Support challenge when his offense up is going you don't even need to trigger the expose to down Savage. ;)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Regarding Fives... since he has a slow on his main and he counters, he can be a real menace. I think people tend to pay more attention to chars that speed your guys up rather than those that slow the other guys down, but they are equivalent.
    I have been actually farming Fives on his mission nodes while I get Daka from Cantina shipments and have him at 28/50 now.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Honestly I'm slowly building the clone team up before more clones get released. Clone seargsnt already can remove turn meter. Start combining that with phasma and fives slow etc could be really interesting
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Regarding Fives... since he has a slow on his main and he counters, he can be a real menace. I think people tend to pay more attention to chars that speed your guys up rather than those that slow the other guys down, but they are equivalent.
    I have been actually farming Fives on his mission nodes while I get Daka from Cantina shipments and have him at 28/50 now.

Fives is a great option to have. He has better overall stats than Poe. The only edge Poe has is speed and taunt and his taunt is his biggest weakness untill he gets netter HP.

I took a chance getting Poe trying to do something different but Fives is a safer bet because of how you could use him against AoE teams. A team like Phasma, Dooku, Fives, Kylo and Daka will keep you attacking constantly....if you get by the first round
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    That's sort of the direction I am going in, though I am starting with Ventress instead of Fives. She's slow but I miss her when I take her out. Plus I already have her 5* and will have 6* by the end of the week.
    This is my main problem with Fives, whom to replace.
    I also really miss having Lumi on my team. Even though she doesn't synergize with this squad, her hard hitting, ability block and HUGE heal are enormously useful.
  • Wifi wrote: »
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?

The current meta is q.gon (leader),Tie pilot, leia, poe and obi one (poggle)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    That's sort of the direction I am going in, though I am starting with Ventress instead of Fives. She's slow but I miss her when I take her out. Plus I already have her 5* and will have 6* by the end of the week.
    This is my main problem with Fives, whom to replace.
    I also really miss having Lumi on my team. Even though she doesn't synergize with this squad, her hard hitting, ability block and HUGE heal are enormously useful.

Yeah Lumi does a lot more than most toons and dont forget her dodge. Some people have been using her as leader(I wouldn't, I preffer Sids bonus) and she basically can't get hit sometimes.

I too have synergy problems. I got the Dooku pack when I started but haven't spent anything else and my team has no synergy for end game at this current cap.

The first five is the PvP team....I know...Chewie
    aPON83b.jpg

• Teams led by Qi Gon with his speed buff are hard to beat... For f2p, or low spenders, aoe team seems to be the best bet. Just pick toons that synergize the best with what's readily farmable.
  • And have fairly high speed themselves... It's why I benched Ventress a while ago
  • I always thought Poggle was such a gimmick. He's only good for the offense up and that's it. Phasma would increase DPS way more while also offering good damage, excellent leader ability, and speed debuff. Even on droid teams Lobot is more useful

I also think Poe is pretty gimmicky ontop of being a major pain to both rank up and gear up

Ackbar has some serious potential with how prevalent debuffs are now though. Sidious and Phasma are two of the most used PvP characters and they just give Ackbar free heals. Vader is also going to start seeing more use in the near future. So if you have an Ackbar I'd say he's a good potential long term investment. His utility will always be useful
  • Just for fun, I ran Ability Mat challenge with Akbar, and when most of my toons had 3 to 4 dots on them, I ran his cleanse, then laughed as the heal was for about 12k for each squad member (Its a Trap! Is only tier 3). And he did clean out every single debuff.
    The issue I have with him is what to do when there are no debuffs and tactical was used already. His damage is mediocre.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I always thought Poggle was such a gimmick. He's only good for the offense up and that's it. Phasma would increase DPS way more while also offering good damage, excellent leader ability, and speed debuff. Even on droid teams Lobot is more useful

I also think Poe is pretty gimmicky ontop of being a major pain to both rank up and gear up

Ackbar has some serious potential with how prevalent debuffs are now though. Sidious and Phasma are two of the most used PvP characters and they just give Ackbar free heals. Vader is also going to start seeing more use in the near future. So if you have an Ackbar I'd say he's a good potential long term investment. His utility will always be useful

I'm going to have to disagree with Poggle. People tend to think he's only good for Offense up and droid synergy...but I'm working on a combo with him that I *think will be able to katn. His ability control is nice too....not to mention I have seen him stun, though that is obviously a bug.
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    I am also curious concerning benefits of Lobot versus Akbar. I guess Akbar in Rebel synergy and Lobot in Droid synergy.

I'm still finishing up daka to 7* as well but I got 132 five shards waiting for a lucky bronzing drop when it happens I will most likely level fives up whole way not just for extra help in gw but I'm predicting a strong clone synergy team later on

What does Daka's health look like at 6-7 * fully geared? She seems so squishy that I don't know if I want to invest staring her. For me, minimum would need to be 9k health or she would get slaughtered quickly.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Wifi wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »

What does Daka's health look like at 6-7 * fully geared? She seems so squishy that I don't know if I want to invest staring her. For me, minimum would need to be 9k health or she would get slaughtered quickly.

9k at 6* fully geared. Fwiw her lvl 65 gear gives her 25 str and 250 health so she will eventually eclipse 10k.
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    Eradicated wrote: »
    Wifi wrote: »
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?

The current meta is q.gon (leader),Tie pilot, leia, poe and obi one (poggle)

Umm ok? I have never seen this team and I am rank 1-3 everyday on my server. I get Poe and ObiWan/Poggle but why Q. Gon with only 1 Jedi? I get its important for ObiWan to get the debut off early but using a leader slot just for that seems not worth it. Secondly, if using Poggle then Q. Gon as leader has no effect at all. Then there's Leia, Tie Pilot doesn't need Leia (I know I have him fulled geared to 7*) and I am a believer that her crit bug is bullsht anyhow. I don't seem crit more when I use her. I used to use her with Lando and after so many time of all 5 targets not critting I dumped both of them. Plus I find Leia dmg to be mediocre especially when she doesn't double or triple hit.

Right now I am using 7*Q.Gon (ldr), 7* FOTP, 7* Luminara, 7* Sidious, and 6* ObiWan. The importance of Q. Gon in my setup it more than Ben's debuff, it's to quickly ability block with Luminara on the character that will fk with me most. Ie. Darth Maul in AOE setups will crit upwards of 6k on your Jedi, leaving a very good chance to lose 1-3 characters in first round, so I block him first and never lose. Sidious is great for Aoe/dot, heal block and survival since he gains health after each opposing player death. I might consider trying Poe instead of Sid to see how that works. FOTP, I mean, he is just the best. I have almost 11k health with him and he one shots like no tomorrow. I am open to other setups that revolve around my FOTP but the once you suggested seems not very good. Anyone else have thoughts on this?