The Drag of being top 5 arena at payout. Can anything be done?

So for the umpteenth time, I was unable to battle for the last 20 minutes as everyone scrambled to lock everyone else out. Is there nothing that can be done about this? I love arena, favorite part of the game, but where you are top 5, or even on a prize threshold, payouts can be an absolute nightmare. Really the only thing I can think of is some kind of live PVP when someone is battling you and you take command. Would make snipers think twice, and some kind of time could be put on moves to prevent absue.

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Poor @President_Scroob. I've been having this issue for months.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Live PVP wouldn't work without some major overhauls. And maybe like a 3 second timer per move, otherwise AI moves for you. Imagine the whining if that got put into place!
    The worst part to me is that the new error message does not tell you if your target is engaged in a battle, or if you are being attacked. And after the error message shows up, you get taken to the Guild screen. WTH??
    I do think Arena should tell you what active battles are going on, preferably with time and toon HP remaining. That way you can at least plan a bit.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Live PVP wouldn't work without some major overhauls. And maybe like a 3 second timer per move, otherwise AI moves for you. Imagine the whining if that got put into place!
    The worst part to me is that the new error message does not tell you if your target is engaged in a battle, or if you are being attacked. And after the error message shows up, you get taken to the Guild screen. WTH??
    I do think Arena should tell you what active battles are going on, preferably with time and toon HP remaining. That way you can at least plan a bit.

Yea i bet fighting someone live with 5k difference in power will be a real treat!
  • Live PVP wouldn't work without some major overhauls. And maybe like a 3 second timer per move, otherwise AI moves for you. Imagine the whining if that got put into place!

That would just make sniping worse
  • J_Low
    18 posts Member
    What time zone are you in President Skroob?
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Like I said before.

Fix it to where if you lose, you lose ranks. Then there is a threat of you attacking as sometimes RNG just totally hates on you.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    Like I said before.

Fix it to where if you lose, you lose ranks. Then there is a threat of you attacking as sometimes RNG just totally hates on you.

That's impossible.

Which rank would you fall to if you loose? And who's rank would you take?

For example: you're #5 and battle #1 and loose. Should you then drop to #9 and the one being #9 also drop (even tho she/he didn't attack at all)?
    Or do you mean to share ranks?

it's a nice thought but in this pvp system it's not possible.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    ubn87 wrote: »
    Like I said before.

That's impossible.

For example: you're #5 and battle #1 and loose. Should you then drop to #9 and the one being #9 also drop (even tho she/he didn't attack at all)?

I think he was talking about nu.be 1 hitting rank 3 to lock out. If you lose, you fall to rank 3 and 3 gets 1.
  • Icyraine
    70 posts Member
    ubn87 wrote: »
    Like I said before.

That's impossible.

If u are #5 and battle #1 if u lose u remain at #5

If U are #1 and battle #4 and lose , u drop to #4 while #4 becomes the new #1

How can u not see this lol