Exposing the Rancor---DOES NOTHING?

AlexWiz
6 posts Member
I'm pretty livid right now because my Poe exposed the Rancor and then I was able to hit him, but when I hit him, he didn't lose 20% of his health. He lost like 1,500 points. What's the deal?!?

Replies

• Yeah that's what happens with expose against the rancor. It does a little bit. Very annoying.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    He's immune to "massive damage effects." Another example: Savage can't insta-kill him below 25% either.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Yeah. Reading the tooltips is very hard...
  • wrilley wrote: »
    He's immune to "massive damage effects." Another example: Savage can't insta-kill him below 25% either.

Why is he immune to massive damage effects?!?! What's even the point then?! If he has a massive amount of health my measly little 20% should do more than just 1,300 of damage #salty
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    AlexWiz wrote: »
    wrilley wrote: »

Why is he immune to massive damage effects?!?! What's even the point then?! If he has a massive amount of health my measly little 20% should do more than just 1,300 of damage #salty

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Maybe it could do a little more than normal, but that's probably a big task coding-wise. It's a raid boss. To think you can toss a couple of exposes on him then let savage burn him is kinda ridiculous.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    He's immune to massive damage effects because it would make the raid into a joke. Same reason he is immune to ability block and stun. It would be too easy.
    If they didn't make him immune they'd have to amp up his tenacity so high that nothing else would land either. This is better.
    At Tier 6 expose is still a nice chunk of extra damage, I think 8k. That's not insignificant when many 5-char teams do under 100k.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    My RP hit him with her Basic for 11k after Expose (usually much less). Tier VI. So Expose is still nice against him.
  • AlexWiz wrote: »
    wrilley wrote: »

• Tycho
    52 posts Member
    Here's the deal... EA is too lazy to playtest every possible game breaking combo that would allow a single player to solo the entire raid. Solution? Disable every special effect in the game. Now players don't need any interesting strategy other than deal damage and maybe have a taunt that will take it for the team and leave your damage dealers another few rounds of dealng damage.

I'm just surprised you can crit Rancor... I would have figured that EA would have stopped a droid team strategy of dishing out crits after crits. I guess they forgot to make Rancor uncrittable.

The problem with that formula? every new raid they come up with will be the same. It will be deal damage and debuffs other than the useless ones such as offense down will simply not work against a raid boss.

The only way you can deal lots of damage is to have 5 teams of fully geared 7* characters. Because even if you somehow figure out how to last a long time during a battle, the raid boss will enrage and one-shot your entire team.
  • AlexWiz
    6 posts Member
    Tycho wrote: »
    Here's the deal... EA is too lazy to playtest every possible game breaking combo that would allow a single player to solo the entire raid. Solution? Disable every special effect in the game. Now players don't need any interesting strategy other than deal damage and maybe have a taunt that will take it for the team and leave your damage dealers another few rounds of dealng damage.

I'm just surprised you can crit Rancor... I would have figured that EA would have stopped a droid team strategy of dishing out crits after crits. I guess they forgot to make Rancor uncrittable.

The problem with that formula? every new raid they come up with will be the same. It will be deal damage and debuffs other than the useless ones such as offense down will simply not work against a raid boss.

The only way you can deal lots of damage is to have 5 teams of fully geared 7* characters. Because even if you somehow figure out how to last a long time during a battle, the raid boss will enrage and one-shot your entire team.

My strategy has been to retreat before 15 (enrage) have you tried that put?