Is it necessary that someone directly address precrafting issue? (Don't answer if you precrafted)

2Next

Replies

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Yes
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how they could "address" the issue of pre crafting in a way that would even come close to satisfactory. Give out free gear? Uncraft the gear that was crafted before the update? Offer an apology that would immediately be mocked and dismissed? Give a million free crystals and a pony to all?

Not making it exclusive to raids where the drops are random/few and far between would be a start. Anyone who's done a few raids knows that route's a flop.

Put it in guild shipments. There's nothing but farmable gear in guild shipments which doesn't make any sense.
  • I did precraft, however I havent used mine yet because I only got the droid callers which are pretty useless to me. I had about 200 crystals saved up and was lucky enough to find a furnace in the shipments a couple days ago and a stungun prototype today. I dont think precrafting was really an issue when you can get the stuff you need now amyway. Some people are always gonna have a better charactor than you but it doesnt matter
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    I'm gear 9 on many toons, and I didn't "pre-craft" anyone at any time for anything.
    I geared my toons logically, and in the order than advanced me as quickly as I saw fit.
    In other words, and specifically aimed at the Pre-Craft Whingers "P*** poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".
  • Yes
    I voted Yes. I pre-crafted, the difference between G8 and G9 is notable.
    In a week or two, more players will reach Lv.78 / 79 / 80, and those with pre-crafted gears can go G10 or even G11 (QGJ for example). By then, you will see the real difference between G8 and G11...
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    CatoNines wrote: »
    I'm gear 9 on many toons, and I didn't "pre-craft" anyone at any time for anything.
    I geared my toons logically, and in the order than advanced me as quickly as I saw fit.
    In other words, and specifically aimed at the Pre-Craft Whingers "P*** poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

How did precrafting advance you at the time when precraft items couldn't be equipped until level 73?

It doesn't sound logical to me to create gear that can't be used until 3 levels after the cap was increased if you have others that needed to be geared. If everyone knew with enough time to farm in retrospect things would be different.
  • Yes
    They address it before they start losing more players. Once there's nobody competing against the whale they no longer have incentive to spend money. Why pay to get better when you're already the best?

I've been playing snice around Christmas and this used to be the best game on the market. With each update I've lost more and more interest in the game. If it wasn't for the significant sunk costs into this game I already would've quit, but I wanted to give raids a chance because they preached it was the answer to upgrading problem. This game should've focused on fixing all of the problems first before raising the level cap (especially before the meta change update was ready) it's unfortunate that I'm losing fate that they care about the game and its progression instead of just maximizing profit. It they showed the effort they do in finding ways to increase players spending as they did to improving the game it could still reach it full potential.

Then again I am f2p which I understand comes with an increased time factor for progression but until the more recent changes this was a game where both f2p and p2p could compete on a mostly level field.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    No
    I just bought the gear as they showed up in the shop. This was the answer to precrafting. They gave us a way to get it, so use it.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    No
    I didn't precraft. I tried, but just couldn't get RNG to drop the gear, and I wasn't willing to drop cash on refreshing energy. Oh well. It's not like we weren't warned.
  • Obi_Wan_Cannoli
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    Things I keep hearing:

We all could have precrafted. I didn't read the forum at the time, even though I had been playing a long time. It shouldn't be required you read the forum to not fall under a huge disadvantage.

It's fixed now because of guilds and item purchases, now other players can catch up. Both of those options though are way too limited. You can't get enough items to compete and fast enough unless you spend a lot of money. The gap is widening.

There's nothing to do about it now. I think they should make guilds for shards and crystals and put these rare gears in challenges and/or events that a lot more people can complete. There are tons of solutions. But really just addressing this issue would be huge.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    Well since they haven't said anything about this it's just an easy paywall that we are tempted to pay.
    If we wanna catch up we need to spend $$$ and they know it.
    People will spend $$$ to get gear 9 to keep up with the competition. Pretty sad how that handled it but I'm sure they won't turn it back because of $$$. My tip, don't buy stuff and hope they feel it in their wallets, though I doubt it....
    It's a disgusting move and even more disgusting that we get totally ignored.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    Yes
    Yes, and for those who pretend it is fixed since they can buy those gears in the shipments... we all wish you good luck getting a droid callers, a nubian scanners or the nubian tech designs. But I am sure that once you hit the issue you will be complaining all you can and be infuriated that no answer is provided to you. Of course that will be after wasting tons of money refreshing the shipment for something that does not even exist.
  • No
    While EA did deceive us many times previously with empty promises and unneeded nerfs we all had same opportunity to pre-craft. I remember seeing it all over this forum.
    I was unable to craft a single furnace because I didn't care about going after the Hairdyers before the cap raise just to have them. I could have, so could all of us. But we didn't. So please stop crying noob.
    I still place #1 in arena when I have time.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    No
    I haven't been playing long enough to have done any pre-crafting. I only just hit PLevel 67 today. So I am only just beginning to collect salvages for items other people have been stuck on for weeks.

Face it: you couldn't possibly know it in advance, when saving your credits for things you get use out of immediately seemed wise. But it turns out that pre-crafting was a good game decision and putting your credits to immediate use elsewhere was a bad game-decision.

But is this any different than pouring resources into a character that is just **awesomely great** only to see that character nerfed, because, duh? If they were that awesomely great there might just be a game-balance problem! Nope. It seemed like a good idea in the moment. It was not a good idea long-term.

There are lots of other things like that as well - do you farm hard modes for shards, or farm easy modes for gear? If you don't farm hard mode shards, you get no Dooku, no Barriss, etc. If you don't farm normal modes for gear, you get no Mk 4 SoroSuub Keyboards, and all of your toons max out at gear level 7, or even g6 for a couple of characters. Which is the better decision? Do you know in advance? Would you have known when you were Player level 50 and just staring to come across Mk4SS Keyboard salvage?

It doesn't need to be "fixed" because your toons aren't as good as someone else's toons. It only needs to be "fixed" if the game isn't WAI.

Obviously you have to ask what the intent of the Devs is to answer that question, but presumably they don't make money if people don't play the game. So then it does become completely valid to get player perspective. But the question isn't, "Is it fair that someone else has a GeeWhiz2000 and I only have a WhizzerMobile99?" You have to ask, "how many people are quitting the game - or even just spending a lot less time, energy and, eventually, money on the game, because some people have a GeeWhiz2000 while the quitters only have WhizzerMobile99s?"

I have no doubt that your toons would stomp my toons, based on where you are in the game. It is equally obvious that there was a long time in the game when your toons then would be stomped by the toons I have now.

Exactly why is that a reason to quit? Even if the Devs nerfed your favorite gear or character, or even if you didn't farm someone because you thought it would take too long...and then they added a Cantina Battle Mode & there were some people that had a 100 shard lead on you because they spent the last 2 months slowly building up that character...

...that's a reason to quit?

Nope, not in my book. Therefore, it's not a reason to change the game in my book.

OTOH... if the nature of the game, the grinding itself, is driving people away, if people need to see more rewards more frequently for the game to stay compelling at level 60+, then that's a reason to change the nature of the game. But it's still not a reason to change the balance between one player who made one in-game decision and another player who made a different in-game decision.
  • Yes
    @MasterSeedy You're a new player. I downloaded this game from when it first came out, and started the forums last month when I started realizing that many on my server had an unfair advantage from information they received on the forum. The problem is worse now and I am playing less. If other's are also playing less and take issue it could be a problem that EA and CG need to address.

The point of this thread was to incentivize a response by showing this was a problem that many of us wanted addressed. It apparently didn't make a strong enough point. I know 8 raids later and with no toons at gear 9, I am getting more frustrated. I don't think this problem is going away.

@Will_Cocishuge "Please stop crying noob." Totally serious question. How many people have called you a tool before?
  • No
    I just don't like the sense of entitlement a lot of players here have where they feel EA owes them equality between what they have and the most dedicated players on their server have.
    We all had days to precraft. Every single one of us. We all had months to hoard purple hair dryers among other items to precraft.
    You didn't do it; EA owes you nothing.
  • Yes
    Sense of entitlement? We're not talking about trust fund kids, we're talking about players like myself asking for the developers to address a mistake they made.

ANd your point of all of us having months to prepare and precraft isn't true. Most of the people who play the game aren't using the forum. There wasn't a notification sent out to every user saying, "we are going to take away this crucially important feature of the game. take advantage now."

I don't know what you're issue is with people asking EA or CG to make a change. It's not about owing anything. Take your social commentary elsewhere.
  • CashFlow
    39 posts Member
    These people need to be coddled...
  • Yes
    I just don't like the sense of entitlement a lot of players here have where they feel EA owes them equality between what they have and the most dedicated players on their server have.
    We all had days to precraft. Every single one of us. We all had months to hoard purple hair dryers among other items to precraft.
    You didn't do it; EA owes you nothing.

Just because we weren't in the forums when it was announced we should be punished by locking us into gears much lower than everybody else? I'm a dedicated player and i have HUNDREDS of the items that were needed to craft furnaces, droid callers etc. But because i didn't get the memo, i'm fighting teams with Gear 11. Yes that's right 3 gear levels above me. Top 10 is now mostly gear 10 and yet i'm stuck at gear 8.

Have always been top 10 in my shard collecting #1 rewards every day since December, but those days are gone because of this. Arena is BROKEN.

Spent thousands on the game so yea, i feel like i should be on equal ground with the rest that precrafted. And please don't bother trying to tell me i can get these from the raids. 8 tier 6 raids completed. Droid callers 0, Furnaces 0. Do you know how many months it's going to take to catch up?

So what's your point again Mr Precrafter? Are you saying i'm not dedicated because i missed a forum post?

I have a toolbox full of tools if you need one, but it sounds like you are good.

For one minute if you could just put yourself in our shoes maybe you would understand why we were trying to get this fixed. Instead you come in here trolling calling us self entitled or cry babies. Get a life.
  • Yes
    @Obi_Wan_Cannoli Precrafting is never going to be fixed, so if i were you i would request to have this post closed. The trolls will keep posting here if you don't.
  • Yes
    @GenKillYou i don't mind trolls posting. I'm confident that someone will at some point respond about this whole thing
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes
    Just a simple response would do.
    "Hey, we screwed up. We should have either told no one about the changes, or made an announcement in game, but We have no intention of deactivating precrafted gear or compensating those who didn't precraft. "

Or

"We did this on purpose. We meant for a fraction of our customer base to have an in game advantage. Stop whining and open your wallets if you want to catch up."

You see how neither of those responses is going to be acceptable?
  • Yes
    im guessing this won't happen