Biggest regret in game?

ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
edited May 2016
I have two actually - 1 is not farming Rey earlier, she is still sitting at 4* for me and I see a loooong grind ahead even with Guild shards.

The biggest one I just did and it is seriously bumming me out! I got a $50 iTunes gift card from work, had a big month. I bought the May the 4th pack and wanted to see what the Chromiums were all about as I was F2P besides Ewoks (see where this is going???) and I get a whole bunch of characters that I can never ever level up!!!

I got some cool ones - I now have a 3* Sun Fac, 4* Aayla and a 4* Leia. None of which I can use at those levels. Got a 2* Fisto too along with a bunch of Maul shards but no Maul. Oh - got Cad Bane since I had a bunch of shards from the monthly log in. Again, cant use him.

I could have been stocked with crystals for a long time but no... I was stupid (they censor 5tupid?). I was hoping for Rey or at least somebody I could farm.

The best/worst part which is one reason I did it? My kids play this game and they bought a single Chromium with the 500 crystal bonus. They got a full 4* Old Ben!! I would LOVE him on my team and I can farm him afterwards.

Oh well - $50 gone in no time flat with really nothing at all to show for it.

Replies

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Installing the game
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Smithie wrote: »
    Installing the game
    Ditto.
    It's ran on a crack dealer business plan. Give em a taste for free & after they're in to it... go after the wallets.

~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Getting Magma Trooper to almost 6* then finding out he is useless. lol
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Magma trooper ain't got nothing on this XD

A picture is worth 1000 words. Sad thing is I actually will get him to gear 9 which requires a stun gun. Just because I can. Hells, Ive wasted so many resources on him getting him to 7*, max lvl and max abilities, I may as well finish him off and hold him as a trophy.

Screenshot_2016_05_03_19_54_44.png
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Spending any money on game
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    @Akster

What was you thinking
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    I like stormtroopers k? =P
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Akster wrote: »

A picture is worth 1000 words. Sad thing is I actually will get him to gear 9 which requires a stun gun. Just because I can. Hell, Ive wasted so many resources on him getting him to 7*, max lvl and max abilities, I may as well finish him off and hold him as a trophy.

@Akster
    Hey man,

You got yourself a good tank for that Imperial team you always wanted. I am just glad storm trooper's arnt DPS or theyd have a 90% miss chance
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    1. Ever buying a chromium
    2. Putting resources into every character I got early on
    3. Ignoring gear early on since I didn't know its signficance
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    I like stormtroopers k? =P

Totally reasonable in my opinion.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member

A picture is worth 1000 words. Sad thing is I actually will get him to gear 9 which requires a stun gun. Just because I can. Hells, Ive wasted so many resources on him getting him to 7*, max lvl and max abilities, I may as well finish him off and hold him as a trophy.

Lol mine is exactly the same. 25 stun guns away from gear 9 because I can!
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Downloading the update that saw the dawn of the RG and pure P2W mechanics old meta was better 5 months undone in 1 update
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Farming Eeth Koth and Mace Windu to get Yoda. First two are useless garbage characters and Yoda is meh at this point.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    1. Buying any Chromiums
    2. Not using Cantina refreshes early-game
    3. Not focusing on a synergized team early enough (still not done with one, ugh)
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    @Aero Someone that understands me :')

He is at least useful to survive 2 hits from the rancor as part of my latter teams =P.

@Toukai Except he is not a tank, he has incredibly low hp and protection. 11624 hp and 5278 protection atm. he is incredibly weak even on a full empire team, but ah well. He is shiny.

My empire characters are basically the reason I do 1/3 of my guildmates damage in raids and get much much lower rewards, no levelled rey, gs, phasma, poggle etc =(
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Would also be nice if the upcoming Yoda event is impossible for level 70 characters. That would make me uninstall. Because Mace Windu and Eeth are not getting one level over 70!
  • Joby_Wan1
    225 posts Member
    @Akster I expect to see him in your arena team, pronto!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @Akster

Ok I'm a bit behind on you. I'm level 77 as well but haven't taken him there yet,

csMWiCz.jpg

I want to start a thread for "Characters you've invested way too much in" but I'm waiting for gear 9. I think I may put him in my arena team for fun as well :smiley: I have

77 Rex gear 9, 7 star
    77 Fives, gear 9, 7 star
    77 Clone Sarge gear 9, 7 star
    77 Plo Koon gear 9, 7 star
    77 RG, gear 8, 5 star

But Stormtrooper more closely resembles clones and still taunts.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »

Wellll....with the Rg nerfs.....;) No...just no. He shall stay relegated to my suicide squads, along with general veers, moff and snowtrooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »

Wellll....with the Rg nerfs.....;) No...just no. He shall stay relegated to my suicide squads, along with general veers, moff and snowtrooper.

So you're planning an Empire team? I have all 7 of them very far along, can't wait! Veers is almost at 6*
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    That's an easy question, not even close.
    Not pre-crafting. I could have made 4 or 5 Droid Callers.
    I even read the boards THE WHOLE DAY of the update, but it didn't sink in what was actually happening.
    Was really close to quitting when I found out my error.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member

at least stormtroopers look way cool
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Since you asked, I shall show you the full extent of my waste of money and therefore lack of any raid damage!! Even as a throwaway galactic war team it struggles to take out even one character, that's how bad they are =P

Screenshot_2016_05_03_20_20_59.png
    Screenshot_2016_05_03_20_21_11.png
    Screenshot_2016_05_03_20_21_24.png

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Akster Moff tarkin is not good against Rancor are you sure? Wanted to farm him at some point...
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    spending $40 on getting jedi pack in january- consisted of JC, JK, and Mace. **palm to face**
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    BamBam wrote: »
    spending $40 on getting jedi pack in january- consisted of JC, JK, and Mace. **palm to face**

Dude i laughed...But i am also sorry for you and sorry that i laughed. :neutral:
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Akster Moff tarkin is not good against Rancor are you sure? Wanted to farm him at some point...

He is incredibly squishy and I dies straight away to the rancors AoE I think, I may be remembering wrong but either way dies too fast. His basic attack crits for around 5k so his damage is 'ok', assuming all your empire allies are alive. Never decided to use his intimidate to try and offence down the rancor, on the low chance of it actually hitting, my team will be wiped out too quickly anyway.
    Also since leader abilities are broken, all empire characters are abysmally slow and will die before they get many hits off and tarkin can not increase it with his leader.

Out of all the empire characters, Tarkin is the only one that seems to have 'potential', but since all the rest of the empire are terrible except for maybe vader, it does not help much.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @Akster Dang! Ok thanks i will hold off on him.