The 05/03 Update Preview Notes - Comments (Merged Threads)

Prev1
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited May 2016
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/36393/game-update-5-3-2016

Greetings,

Here are the update notes that went out earlier today (sorry for the delay).

General Updates
The Grand Master’s Training Event now has a timer to show when it will be returning.

Double Drops have been added for Dark Side (Hard) battles.

Additional details on the Heroic difficulty for The Pit raid have been added to show that there is a time limit of 2 days.

A new PvE version of Rey has been added to Cantina Battle 4-G and 7-F.

Wedge Antilles is the new Aurodium Pack character (will appear at 4pm Pacific Time). NOTE: Aurodium Packs only appear for players who have spent $200 US dollars or more (or region equivalent).

Bug Fixes
Lando Calrissian’s leader ability now also applies to Rebel characters.
Grand Master Yoda no longer grants himself Critical Chance up when using the ability on Greedo.
The description for Tusken Shaman’s Rite of Savagery ability has been updated to correctly show that it gives additional health based on all negative status effects that an enemy has instead of just DoTs.
Post edited by Alita on

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for the update!
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Cool
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • TheMadTwadder
    483 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nothing about the RG taunt fix? @EA_Jesse

I'd also love to hear a response now 9 days later about a fix to the Guild Names.

Ya know, since you told everyone to just pick a name like (Guild Name) 1 and then put in a support ticket to have it changed.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I forgot, NERF Wedge already
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    And royal guard bug fix ?
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My RG definitely didn't lose his taunt after one action (arena fight earlier today after my game had updated).

Is this a real change?
  • Options
    dbraba01 wrote: »
    I forgot, NERF Wedge already

Hahaha

In summary:
    If you're farming RG, stop.
    Get Lando now!
    Rey (original) will be nerfed soon. (Best guess)
    Cry counting the hours until Starkiller Rey is released. :cry:
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    My RG definitely didn't lose his taunt after one action (arena fight earlier today after my game had updated).

Is this a real change?
    I also have not noticed a change in RG behavior.
  • Options
    So the royal guard bug fix is fake ?
  • Skeetabyte42
    325 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Seems obvious to me that the devs are slowly but surely trying to make synergies better and other teams useful. The best of these so far seeming to be Rebels.

ST Han was great before; now he's beast.
    Same for Leia.
    Ackbar making more appearances in my shard's top spots.
    Lando's leader ability now works for Rebels, too.
    Wedge is released.

Furthermore, Rebels seem very future-proof - unlikely to be nerfed.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    And Chewie. Often overlooked, but killer at 7*/fully geared.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who isn't excited by his kit? It seems mostly oriented around damage. I am looking for more interesting utility players for the raid and dunno if this is worth 200 bucks.

I was hoping for Sun Fac. :(
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Aye. He seems doomed to my wish it were viable aoe team.
  • scottdude8
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I'm VERY disappointed I can't get Wedge without paying upwards of 200 bucks, since he would be perfect for my team and is my absolute favorite supporting character (especially in the Legends universe). But that's the price you pay (pun intended, haha) for a freemium game! Hopefully he'll become available in other ways later.
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Still wondering if RG fix was real or fake
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wait, new PVE version of Rey, whats that mean? Or just, Rey's being added to Cantina nodes?

Never mind, I just figured it. For crying out loud, throw me a fricking bone here! I've been farming Rey for 2 months+, STILL don't have her unlocked.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    How long will the Aurdium be available?
  • Options
    @StarSon just under 4 weeks
  • Bdaube
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Ok what is PVE version of Rey
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    I was wondering why I never saw this special arodium nonsense....
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Ray As a Jedi 4G in battle cantina that's all so I'm assuming they're gonna be coming out with rey as a Jedi
  • Options
    PVE Rey = Lightsaber Rey in Cantina Battle as Boss.
  • BNCS
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Rey with a lightsaber...just a joke..
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still crying, its not funny. I want a cantina node to farm her. I've been farming her for 2+ months and my drop luck with her shards is so abysmal I still haven't unlocked her.
  • darthpoon
    13 posts Member
    Options
    With regards to the Yoda event, does he get stronger than previous event or he is the same?
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    darthpoon wrote: »
    With regards to the Yoda event, does he get stronger than previous event or he is the same?

Prepare yourself for a flood of threads declaring Yoda to be impossible because of protection/hp buff/damage buff etc.

I grabbed my 7* Yoda early on and I do not envy anyone that has yet to do him.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Captainrrl
    358 posts Member
    Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Wait, new PVE version of Rey, whats that mean? Or just, Rey's being added to Cantina nodes?

Never mind, I just figured it. For crying out loud, throw me a fricking bone here! I've been farming Rey for 2 months+, STILL don't have her unlocked.

Finally got her to 6*. She now in guild shop

• Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Last time, there was no change to RG, no fix, no nerf, working as same as when he was given the auto taunt. 100% verified in Arena.
  • Captainrrl
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    darthpoon wrote: »

Prepare yourself for a flood of threads declaring Yoda to be impossible because of protection/hp buff/damage buff etc.

I grabbed my 7* Yoda early on and I do not envy anyone that has yet to do him.

I don't envy anyone having to 'do' that creepy old green dude either ;)

• Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »

Finally got her to 6*. She now in guild shop

If you want to farm Rey you will do well to join a guild. She appears in the guild shop all the time.