Another 7* Vader

Replies

• LoTEK
    101 posts Member
    Never seen Vader in GW and MAYBE once in PVP. Of course, universal law says now that I've posted this, I'll see him all the time...
  • There's a glitch in the game, I'm not going to say where because I don't want to get shut down or removed. There is a way to keep getting his shards until he's 7 star. I personally haven't done it because I fear EA dealing with those who cheat the system.
  • There's a glitch in the game, I'm not going to say where because I don't want to get shut down or removed. There is a way to keep getting his shards until he's 7 star. I personally haven't done it because I fear EA dealing with those who cheat the system.

Doubt they have to worry too much.
  • are all gw teams real teams? I see some ridiculously dumb teams.. I just have a hard time believing that it's not just a randomly generated team.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I read about an alleged exploit for Vader on Reddit. I saw players claim they managed to get extra shards. This seriously needs to be addressed. :-/
  • All I know is the 7star Vaders are real.
  • And, now everyone is searching for that shard exploit on Reddit. LOL
  • And, now everyone is searching for that shard exploit on Reddit. LOL

wwd2v.jpg

• Thanks, Oprah. I was beginning to think I would never be able to use Vader in my arena team for anything but a few laughs. ;)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Word to the wise... Don't.

You'll end up in a place you don't want to be.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Word to the wise... Don't.

Stuck in a bed with Kathy Bates taking care of you?
  • Word to the wise... Don't.

Sorry but if you guys know this is real, why hasnt it been fixed yet.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016

I hope this means what I think it means, John, and I'm glad to read it. Because I opened this thread with the sole intention to write this: "Every single player with a 7* Vader should be permanently banned from the game, no questions asked, no exceptions".
    Game integrity is everything. Once that is lost, there is no regaining it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I hope this means what I think it means, John, and I'm glad to read it. Because I opened this thread with the sole intention to write this: "Every single player with a 7* Vader should be permanently banned from the game, no questions asked, no exceptions".
    i agree, you cheat you get perm banned end of story.

I couldnt agree more Qeltar, for you to get that many shards, you have to not only one find the bug but two purposely abuse the bug for your benefit. So you cant claim that the bug mistakenly occured once of twice
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've been in games where they just gave a slap on the wrist to blatant cheaters, like temporarily banning dupers for 2 weeks. Know what happened after that? They got a lot MORE dupers, because they sent the message that they didn't take cheating seriously.
    Bugs and exploits are unavoidable. In games that crack down hard, people think twice the next time.
    In this case it will be easy to know if they have followed through, because we either will or will not keep seeing 7* Vaders in GW.
  • I don't think anyone misread what John meant. Just that the people who already exploited the exploit will reap what they've sown, if CG choose to take action against them. Although, honestly, if they haven't once communicated about said exploit to let players know the consequences, they should not be punished. I understand why they haven't, as it would just cause more players to try to find out how to do it and complicate the process of dealing with players who have used it even further. Just that if it's a known issue, it shouldn't be something that people are punished for as extremely as you mentioned when CG haven't even properly addressed it. Which I'm sure they realize. At most, they should have Vader reverted to a rank 4 character. Or, in an extreme case, remove Vader from their accounts entirely.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Although, honestly, if they haven't once communicated about said exploit to let players know the consequences, they should not be punished.

Yes, they ABSOLUTELY SHOULD. Someone last night spammed the forums with instructions on how this is achieved so I know what it is. (Do not PM me, anyone, I will not tell you.) There is 100% no possible way anyone could do this without fully knowing they were exploiting a bug.
    They should all be banned without mercy. Account deleted. Start over if you want to and try not to be a cheat next time.
    Honestly, the fact that @CG_JohnSalera has weighed in on this is a great sign and much appreciated. A lot of companies just try to whitewash these issues.
  • Exactly this. Although I worry they cant search all the accounts and identify the 7* vaders.
    In pvp it will be hard to see too, you just see a strong vader not the stars. The only way we will notice is in GW and there you can only see the name of the player (no id or server)
  • I'm flattered that you had to add in the disclaimer about not PM-ing you. I know that wasn't directed specifically at me, but it seems a bit pointless, if you fully acknowledged anyone at any time could find out the method if they really tried. Reddit apparently being the least difficult source. Anyway, I'm not going to argue the point with you beyond this post. I never said the players were brainwashed into unknowingly using the exploit and just happened to end up with a high ranked hero. Just the fact that you care so much about an issue that only a minority of players have really participated in speaks volumes. I have never seen one of these buffed up Vaders in true PvP, which you would notice immediately from the greatly increased health. If I did, it would not greatly affect the majority of users in the top 100 ranks of many shards, anyway. He is not an overpowered or overly useful character outside of PvE. I realize that the issue is that they wrongfully exploited the system to gain an advantage most people are not even aware of being possible. But to go on a crusade against them based on something that will likely never majorly personally affect you seems asinine. Let the developers decide how to deal with them. In fact, I know that they will do so, no matter how you voice your outrage. If it lines up with how you envision their punishment, then so be it. I just wanted to say why I think there should be a degree of leniency, given the only comment addressing this from the developers was a thinly veiled warning.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry the PM comment was not directed at you personally, that would have been insulting and was not my intention. And of course the developers will decide what to do with them. I am voicing my opinion based on many years of experience with multiplayer games: being lenient with blatant cheaters means you get more cheaters.
    It doesn't matter how good Vader is. This is blatant cheating, and there is no possible way that these people could not have known they were cheating. They need to be banned. It affects me personally because it undermines the integrity of something I really enjoy and have spent real-life $ on.
  • OK, glad we could be civil about it. :) Yeah, I didn't mean to respond accusingly about the PM bit, just that people will be people and try to find a way if they really wanted to cheat. I respect your opinion. I just meant that I had no real desire to defend my point of view outside of explaining why I thought so. I agree about the fact of cheating propagating cheating. I just don't feel the potential consequence is proportionate to their offense, although I am admittedly biased against this company due to my past experiences with them. In any case, I think action will be taken quite soon. Most likely after they've identified and patched the exploit, if they haven't already with the most recent quickfix I downloaded. I'll just be glad to be shut of the whole thing, and eagerly await when we can legitimately obtain a higher rank Darth Vader.
  • Lol! And for all his power. Even HE cant get Dooku to 5*

Hahaha!
  • I hope everyone who exploited gets banned. I knew about it and didn't touch it. :)
  • xsebx
    40 posts Member
    There is no exploit on reddit. It looks like whatever it was has been taken down if it ever even existed. I say that because there isn't even any trace of such a thing with google cache. My guess is that it's a visual bug. So everyone can rest easy now. It's over. There is no shard exploit.

i agree, you cheat you get perm banned end of story.

I have nonclue hiw the bug may work. But if's something very easy with no technical work eg. "Complete this mission then click on this icon" easter egg type of way to get it, I'd just delete their Vader, not a ban. And a nice reminder.

If it's a complicated hack, "place where they don't want to be" seems fair enough.

Btw, I don't yet have Vader and not much of a fan either.

Federico

• My guess is there is a bug in the achievements. They can reset one of the achievements and get the rewards over and over. Dont know if its worth a perma ban. But they should definitely remove the vader from their roster
  • All of you PTP babies are complaining about a 7* Vader?!?!?! Oh shut upppp you babies.
  • CharLieTao wrote: »
    All of you PTP babies are complaining about a 7* Vader?!?!?! Oh shut upppp you babies.
    dude be polite pls, no need to be rude, many of us are f2p, so if you have nothing constructive to add, please keep quiet.

• xsebx wrote: »
    There is no exploit on reddit. It looks like whatever it was has been taken down if it ever even existed. I say that because there isn't even any trace of such a thing with google cache. My guess is that it's a visual bug. So everyone can rest easy now. It's over. There is no shard exploit.

There is and it's real, I personally haven't done it but I know people who have. It works but I wouldnt want to be the one caught doing it.