To the haters of Dooku and Bariss

OMG so many people complain and sook about Dooku and Bariss!

Learn to deal with it! If you cant handle these characters than your team is obviously lacking and you need to do something about it. Either that or you don't attack the right characters at the right time!

I have to admit a barriss, Wookie and one more healer team is frikn annoying, since wookie can self heal, but you just deal with it. If you cant beat em join em!

I finally have Dooku after farming for a month and now I found that my PvP rank does not go down as much as it used too and I friggin LOVE HIM!

Replies

• Yep Dooku would be a strong hero for sure for D purposes on PvP. They did adjust him a bit with the patch.
  • So you make a post complaining about people complaining. Ironic. Anyways people are complaining because at low level Barriss and Dooku are extremely strong. They are only meant to ease your journey to 60. They quickly lose there value once you break past 50. Dookus damage doesn't scale well here in the 50s bracket. And at 60 you may not even want a heaker like Barriss who does untolerably low damage. Luminaras special can hit a 4k plus crit. Even old gimpy counsular at 7 stars would be a better option than a 4 star Barris. The game was balanced for end game not mid level game. So everyone should tidy there way to 60, understand that big spenders are going to dominate and just have fun!
  • That makes a lot of sense! Someone needed to be the voice of reason... fortunately its you :) I'm only level 49 and the game is really opening up. It really does seem that the game really starts at lvl 60. But it seems I am going to have to spend a little more cash now >.<
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    People complaining about characters, don't seem to understand some of the mechanics in the game... I know a people have been complaining about Bariass, yes she's strong, but no where as strong as Sidious as an example.

In fact when people start to understand how some of the mechanics in the game work, Bariass is not someone they will be complaining about.. When more Sidious's start turning up, people will start to complain about him...

Bariass is easily defeated by some of the anti-Jedi characters in game. e.g. Douku, Cad Bane or indeed anyone with the ability to stick ability lock on someone.

It's silly how little people fail to do a bit of research before complaining about a character without considering some of the later characters that aren't as easily accessable are significantly more powerful.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Everyone working on sid will have him in less than a week. Everyone. You can't hate on a character that everyone has easy access to
  • Cenarl
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Everybody has to stop whining because now you can Dooku smash too?

As a note, I don't mind that he is powerful, I do mind about the ridiculous grind behind such an op character, while other people just buy him.
  • Cenarl wrote: »

As a note, I don't mind that he is powerful, I do mind about the ridiculous grind behind such an op character, while other people just buy him.

Just because aome people dropped 4.99 at the start for dooku and you didn't is your loss. Suck it up and welcome to mobile gaming.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Duknukeem
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I understand P2W but I'm not gonna pay to play if the devs really want me to loosen the purse strings on my wallet they need to rethink the OP charectors I'm only at level 40 and had great time doing pvp battles I'd win some lose some but now I loose every battle, its very frustrating I'll give this game a lil more time but I'm not going to suggest this to any friends if it is only a pay to play game. So I'll see what happens between 40 through 45 but what I'm seeing is this game will go to the way side like all star wars games have. Rethink your situation there game developers there are a lotta competition don't go for the initial money grab think long term not short. To give you an idea I still have a Battle star gallatica online account/ Boom beach/ TWD road to survival, that is just a few games I still play regularly I've spent a pretty penny on those as well, I've been looking for a good star wars mobile game was hoping this was it but I'm having my doubts why spend money on a game that will be dead in a few months after release. But enough of my rant, be good or good at it.
  • Lol this isnt like the other Star war games my friend and your not competing against kids with no money like you are in other games. Star Wars will attract a lot of 30 and 40 year old people because we grew up in the SW era. And guess what? We will drop 100s of dollars because many of us at that age have disposable income. Which makes an ultra competive enviroment at the top.
    If you want to be the best you have to invest. And with the new Star Wars movie about to release this game will blow up and Im excited to be a part of it.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Skye wrote: »
    People complaining about characters, don't seem to understand some of the mechanics in the game... I know a people have been complaining about Bariass, yes she's strong, but no where as strong as Sidious as an example.

In fact when people start to understand how some of the mechanics in the game work, Bariass is not someone they will be complaining about.. When more Sidious's start turning up, people will start to complain about him...

Bariass is easily defeated by some of the anti-Jedi characters in game. e.g. Douku, Cad Bane or indeed anyone with the ability to stick ability lock on someone.

It's silly how little people fail to do a bit of research before complaining about a character without considering some of the later characters that aren't as easily accessable are significantly more powerful.

Well said. Lando is one character that falls in that category. Very rare but extremely powerful.
  • LMAO, wait until they start releasing characters every week. The Star Wars universe is waaayyy LARGER than HODA. So, I can't wait until this happens. The dev's always watch for op heroes. They will flood the game with counter heroes to keep the balance.
  • It sucks to see certain players nerfed like this but the solution to fixing it sadly is to acquire these characters for now until it's fixed, if ever. The problems with getting shards, crystals and energy far outweigh the issues with these characters sadly....
  • Posted this in another thread about these two.

They aren't Op. It's just that they are obtainable easily very early due to cash packages. They are designed to give players who spend money a head start, since early obtainable characters like the starters, lack the abilities needed to counter. Once you proceed futher in the game and have farmed or pulled a couple decent new units and got some variety. You can easily counter them.

I go against Dooku all the time and have little issue against his counter, he can't counter if stunned, or he hits like a wet paper bag if debugged. There are more than a few 3* units who can deliver high attacks on him that are worth the trade off for a counter, I farmed a Luke and his second skill can drop a decent level and geared Dooku to half hp, plus can stun and reduce his defence allowing for an easy kill. I also use Cad who has an 100% stun on his second skill, either for Dooku or healers, or Chewie so I can't be taunted away from quickly killing off Dooku etc before they can move.

Be patient, farm new units, look for a stunner or high dps that can kick Dooku to the curb, I suggest Luke but there are others.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Cenarl wrote: »

Just because aome people dropped 4.99 at the start for dooku and you didn't is your loss. Suck it up and welcome to mobile gaming.

I was never offered the chance to buy him.

That being said I personally find both easy to defeat. They both have weaknesses easy to exploit.

• Rofl @ investing in a game comment. The only investing is your money to shareholders.

Also rofl at a thread asking for no nerfs to unbalanced characters because you have them. That's just lazy.
  • Soujah
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    Rofl @ investing in a game comment. The only investing is your money to shareholders.

Also rofl at a thread asking for no nerfs to unbalanced characters because you have them. That's just lazy.

I'm annoyed at all the level 30 somethings in game after global launch who are sooking and carrying on and assuming they know everything. It's sad.

And ummm rofl at your assumption that I was crying for those characters not to get nerfed. Because (rofl) you know what happens when you assume.
    Post edited by Zalenira on
  • Soujah wrote: »
    OMG so many people complain and sook about Dooku and Bariss!

Learn to deal with it! If you cant handle these characters than your team is obviously lacking and you need to do something about it. Either that or you don't attack the right characters at the right time!

I have to admit a barriss, Wookie and one more healer team is frikn annoying, since wookie can self heal, but you just deal with it. If you cant beat em join em!

I finally have Dooku after farming for a month and now I found that my PvP rank does not go down as much as it used too and I friggin LOVE HIM!

Dooku need healers around, most ppl shood have Jedi Consular & you got Barriss I know you winning w/ that team, plus somebody as an ally of mine has a 4* maxed Barriss and she is good for my squad. I do see the problem w/Dooku but like you said build your team up around him and you should be fine.
  • Soujah wrote: »
    Rofl @ investing in a game comment. The only investing is your money to shareholders.

I'm annoyed at all the level 30 somethings in game after global launch who are sooking and carrying on and assuming they know everything. It's sad.

And ummm rofl at your assumption that I was crying for those characters not to get nerfed. Because (rofl) you know what happens when you assume.

Then why create a thread begging to not nerf when you see hundreds of players complaining? Did you really think your awesome skill was to blame or did you "assume" too much?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Im not a big spender. I'm glad i brought Dooku for $4.99, it was cheapest and best deal ever!
  • NachoFoot wrote: »
    Soujah wrote: »

Then why create a thread begging to not nerf when you see hundreds of players complaining? Did you really think your awesome skill was to blame or did you "assume" too much?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Don't burst his bubble. Wallet Warriors need their virtual kudos. At least in this game, the wallet warriors are pretty upfront about it. I can respect that.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    "Wallet warrior." Meh.
    I've been around online gaming for a long time. I really laugh at those who think they can judge others and how they choose to spend their resources.
    As I've said over and over again, I fail to see how someone busy with a full-time job and a family spending $50 is somehow less moral than some teenager who has 40 hours a week to grind a game.
    I won't buy thousands in chromium cards but I have no problem with those who do. It's their choice. The game is important to them, they want to be the best, fine. That's how it works in mobile gaming.
    Get off your high horse, dude. You aren't better than anyone else here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Lol this isnt like the other Star war games my friend and your not competing against kids with no money like you are in other games. Star Wars will attract a lot of 30 and 40 year old people because we grew up in the SW era. And guess what? We will drop 100s of dollars because many of us at that age have disposable income. Which makes an ultra competive enviroment at the top.
    If you want to be the best you have to invest. And with the new Star Wars movie about to release this game will blow up and Im excited to be a part of it.

Invest, lol. Is that what they call it nowadays?

Disposable income? As though broke folks have never foolishly spent above their means.

With the amount of proud P2W types, this game will get great reviews... Although it won't stop those seeking validation, from dropping the big bucks to be on the top of the leaderboard.

Why even bother having you guys bother with the grind. Why not just have a system where you put your money in, and your turn to have your name on top is scheduled some time in the future; then you can come back to take screenshots and tell stories to the unsuspecting noobs in the forums about how difficult it was for you to get there, and how all they have to do is work hard and stay in school.
  • Duknukeem wrote: »
    I understand P2W but I'm not gonna pay to play if the devs really want me to loosen the purse strings on my wallet they need to rethink the OP charectors I'm only at level 40 and had great time doing pvp battles I'd win some lose some but now I loose every battle, its very frustrating I'll give this game a lil more time but I'm not going to suggest this to any friends if it is only a pay to play game. So I'll see what happens between 40 through 45 but what I'm seeing is this game will go to the way side like all star wars games have. Rethink your situation there game developers there are a lotta competition don't go for the initial money grab think long term not short. To give you an idea I still have a Battle star gallatica online account/ Boom beach/ TWD road to survival, that is just a few games I still play regularly I've spent a pretty penny on those as well, I've been looking for a good star wars mobile game was hoping this was it but I'm having my doubts why spend money on a game that will be dead in a few months after release. But enough of my rant, be good or good at it.

Pay to play?! PVP is only a small thing is this game. U can do so much more and cry u couldnt blau because und loose at Pvp? Most plp who loose just attack wrong.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    A better question is: why do you bother getting involved in mobile MMOs where you know from the very start how the model is?
    It's a game. The goal is to have fun, not to spend endless hours "grinding". If you enjoy doing that, good for you. I don't see how you have any right to judge others for what they spend.
    Time is money. What I find amusing is all the people who will spend $5 a day on a fancy coffee but get outraged at the idea of spending $50 a month on a game they get hours of enjoyment from. But again, that's their choice.
    Your constant bashing of others as "wallet warriors" reflects just as much "seeking validation", though you don't seem to realize it.
  • The real problem is First Order Tie Pilot, Ive seen him do 4900 damage at 45th level. Meanwhile Kit Fisto keep banging away at 685 a clip.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    "Wallet warrior." Meh.
    I've been around online gaming for a long time. I really laugh at those who think they can judge others and how they choose to spend their resources.
    As I've said over and over again, I fail to see how someone busy with a full-time job and a family spending $50 is somehow less moral than some teenager who has 40 hours a week to grind a game.
    I won't buy thousands in chromium cards but I have no problem with those who do. It's their choice. The game is important to them, they want to be the best, fine. That's how it works in mobile gaming.
    Get off your high horse, dude. You aren't better than anyone else here.

I've been gaming for a minute or two as well, and there is a difference in those that buy their stuff and play in silence, and those that buy, then come to the forums to draw attention to themselves. What, are we supposed to applaud someone for buying their way to the "top" of an F2P?

Throughout multiplayer gaming history, there have always been unwritten community "rules" pertaining to what is considered "braggable" and what isn't. It's like playing Goldeneye, and bragging about winning all the time while using Odd Ball and the Golden Gun. Mobile games are no different.

If we don't care about how others play, then why bother preventing hackers from doing their thing? They downloaded the game and paid for their hacks, why shouldn't they be able to be winners as well, dominating the tops of leaderboards? Why are they judged and treated so poorly? I mean, everyone has access to the same stuff. (End of facetiousness).

I'm not claiming to be "better", as I clearly have not "invested" enough (rather, at all) to come close to making that claim. Meanwhile, P2Wers will continue to use the tired "I've got more money than you" approach to make themselves feel better. And other P2W types will cone to their aid.

I actually don't care at all. I just like to argue on principle.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    A better question is: why do you bother getting involved in mobile MMOs where you know from the very start how the model is?
    It's a game. The goal is to have fun, not to spend endless hours "grinding". If you enjoy doing that, good for you. I don't see how you have any right to judge others for what they spend.
    Time is money. What I find amusing is all the people who will spend $5 a day on a fancy coffee but get outraged at the idea of spending $50 a month on a game they get hours of enjoyment from. But again, that's their choice.
    Your constant bashing of others as "wallet warriors" reflects just as much "seeking validation", though you don't seem to realize it.

Your forgot to quote me so I would get the alert. No worries, I scrolled.

Well if we are talking about Rights, then the 1st Amendment gives me the right to judge. What, do you the Constitution? ( kidding)

I am fully aware of how mobile mmos are. I never said they turned me off. I play the hell out of some free to play games on mobile and PC and love them. And, as we've discussed previously, I respect people's right to spend how they please. Just because mobile games are filled with P2W players doesn't mean that I can't make them feel silly when trying to boast about their "accomplishments" in a forum.

The only F2Ps I will give money too, are ones that ONLY offer cosmetic differences, rather than a statistical advantage. There are very few like that though. I don't believe in directly monetarily supporting a system that creates paywalls which drastically separate free and paid players. However, that won't stop me from playing the free side of the house until I hit that wall, then I uninstall and move to another game. No sweat off my back.

I have maybe 4 hours per day to play games, and often less than that, yet I am not compelled to accelerate my gameplay. But for some reason others use that excuse, as though they are the only people in the world that have busy lives or excess money. This is where personal preference comes into play. I like to slowly make my way through content over the course of months/year, 4 hours at a time. Others choose to get to the end as quickly as possible. To each their own. But as you've said in the other threads, people are paying ONLY to have a distinct advantage. Not because they are short on time, or have an abundance of money.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I actually don't care at all. I just like to argue on principle.

There's a word for that on forums. I won't use it, but everyone knows what it is.
    Good day to you, sir.