Wish i'd gotten phasma instead of poe

im looking for a second character to farm from galactic war soon but not really sure who to get because it seems like im gna be waiting a long time if i want to get phasma high enough to compete in pvp since i still need 80 for 7 star luminara

Replies

• Just focus on Luminara, then. You can't go wrong with her after the Barriss nerf, and she was already a worthy hero before that. It's not like you're going to be held back by needing 100 shards for her. It's about what you get at the end of the grind. And I'll say that's a pretty big power boost compared to Phasma, who mostly only gets more HP at higher stars. Only reliable damage is her basic attack. The real value is from all her utility, which isn't rank-dependent.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Shouldn't take too long if you beat GW each day. That's how I've farming both Lumi and Phasma. Yes, it takes time, but that's a resource we have plenty of.
  • been doing galactic war over 3 weeks havent gotten past round 8 might be because i didnt level jedi consular and hes 4 star
  • been doing galactic war over 3 weeks havent gotten past round 8 might be because i didnt level jedi consular and hes 4 star
    sounds like me. back to the grind.
  • I wish i got poe over phasma XD
  • I wish i got poe over phasma XD

same. not that Phasma is bad, just Poe is so fast ....

I haven't been able to pass a galactic war yet and I'm level 56, yesterday got to the 10th box and today they screwed me over at box 3 a level 48 took out both of my healers then they placed me against a level 56 after that, haven't missed a day of grinding since I started Dec 4th. Sigh... maybe one day
  • Not having Barriss or Luminara already unlocked is a huge handicap, especially if you're mostly or completely free-to-play. As Qeltar mentioned in their war guide, you should ideally have a rotation of healers in order to be able to manage their cool downs and provide yourself with a clinch healer at those difficult roadblocks when your main team is hurting.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Top_Quark wrote: »
    Another wish I got Poe instead of Phasma. Think of it like this. Poe is on cantina, very slow to farm. Phasma is in the easiest to farm shipment in the game.

I honestly find Arena Shipments easier to farm then Galactic guess thats just me though guess its cause im always ranked high in arena
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    I wish i got poe over phasma XD

Me too lol, although I like and am using phasma. Poe just counters current meta better right now. Everyone is using phasma does that mean more people use androids or just decided she's better?
  • With a little patience galatic war is easy. Retreat is your friend. Today at lvl 7 I ran into a 7* Leia, a 7* Lando, 7* Tie, 6* Lumi, and 6* Kylo. All purple gear. Didn't lose a toon
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Poe's damage is so weak. Plus expose gets resisted a lot. His only strengths are high hp and taunt. I'd rather have Phasm's dmg and abilities/buffs. Plus Phasma looks way better and not like a some dude in a leather jacket holding a super soaker

It's all about the damage.
  • Mizo wrote: »
    Poe's damage is so weak. Plus expose gets resisted a lot. His only strengths are high hp and taunt. I'd rather have Phasm's dmg and abilities/buffs. Plus Phasma looks way better and not like a some dude in a leather jacket holding a super soaker

He is a tank. What do you expect? He is super-fast (probably too fast) and can often resist detrimental effects with his high tenacity, meaning he heals himself with his passive.

Just like what a lot of people said above, I wish I got Poe instead of Phasma. Besides, Phasma is far easier to farm than Poe.

Poe dictates the fight. Phasma might procure an assist 2-3 times throughout a battle. Both have their strengths but I'd choose Poe every time.
  • Time wrote: »
    I wish i got poe over phasma XD

Me too lol, although I like and am using phasma. Poe just counters current meta better right now. Everyone is using phasma does that mean more people use androids or just decided she's better?

Yes, more people use Androids, but I think it has to do more with Phasma being easier to farm. Phasma will be at 6 stars by the time you manage to get Poe to 4 stars - unless you are pouring crystals into refilling Cantina energy.

For a 'tank' his damage isn't really that weak )5* max gear he's hitting ~1200 base physical) and he can proc offense down 80% of the time if the enemy is already hit with a negative effect (40% if not). He hits better than the Wookie. Plus when his expose hits it can be anywhere from 1500 to 3000 damage to EACH toon it hooks. Meaning a high HP team can lose 15k in their health pool from a tank. I average 2 toons affected by his expose whenever I fire it. I've hit all 5 before about as often as I've completely whiffed.

When all 5 of the other guys toons get hit it just a quick sid AOE and that's usually game over.

Poe has very high potential. Speed is huge in this game.
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I laugh when I see phasma teams. I spank them all in one turn with my poe/burst group.
    I wish I hadn't put so much time into my 6* Phasma haha