The slight advantage of being in the East Coast

Relish_Yoda
164 posts Member
edited January 2016
Everybody tries to get to the best position possible in Arena by 6pm local time, right?

It's 6pm first in the East Coast, then Central, Mountain, Pacific (for the US).

So all the East Coasters play arena at 5pm local and push the rest down. An hour later, all the Central guys do the same, and push the rest down. By the time the West Coast guys open up arena at their 5pm, their rankings are demolished!

I bet all they guys complaining that they went from top 10 to past 100 in one day are west coasters...

Saves East Coasters a 50 crystal refresh for the second five matches, I guess...

We only got to deal with western europeans, but that gives us a solid 5 hour window of relative little arena activity.

Replies

• It evens out, as you pointed out all the time zones east of you are done for the day so you probably have less people trying to snipe you.

That being said I wish they separated the PVP servers and named them, and let you join whatever one you choose.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I'm not sure there's a difference. I'm west coast and have been #2 three days in a row now because you easterners are done and aren't busy hitting me while I climb.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • What do you mean by "you easterners"? Aren't we all American? :'( Seriously, though, I've never noticed too much of a discrepancy, either. Then again, I don't commit too much to arena, and wouldn't take notice anyway as a consequence.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Everybody tries to get to the best position possible in Arena by 6pm local time, right?

It's 6pm first in the East Coast, then Central, Mountain, Pacific (for the US).

So all the East Coasters play arena at 5pm local and push the rest down. An hour later, all the Central guys do the same, and push the rest down. By the time the West Coast guys open up arena at their 5pm, their rankings are demolished!

I bet all they guys complaining that they went from top 10 to past 100 in one day are west coasters...

Saves East Coasters a 50 crystal refresh for the second five matches, I guess...

We only got to deal with western europeans, but that gives us a solid 5 hour window of relative little arena activity.

really? what am i just read ?

Im sure they assign people in different server base on their timezone. So im from Eastern im pretty sure most of the folks in my server is from Eastern time.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Now I finally have the reason I always wanted to move to Iceland.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

I have dibs on Fiji!

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

I have dibs on Fiji!
    Do they have internet for you to actually play? Ah, heck with it. If you're living in Fiji then you've got better things to do anyway! :p
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I mean I guess it's true that you might move more your road to win at your 6 PM slot is a heckuva lot easier. There are usually 5-6 active 21k+ 60 players including at least one whale trying to get the #1 slot at 6 PM ET on my shard. I bet there is one guy from Newfoundland on our server laughing his butt off as he moves up without competing against any snipers.
  • What do you mean by "you easterners"? Aren't we all American? :'( Seriously, though, I've never noticed too much of a discrepancy, either. Then again, I don't commit too much to arena, and wouldn't take notice anyway as a consequence.

Im southern by the grace of God!
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • I live in New Zealand. We only share our time zone with the eastern tip of Russia and a few Pacific Island countries.

So I guess I have one of the easiest timezones to play in.

B)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I live in New Zealand. We only share our time zone with the eastern tip of Russia and a few Pacific Island countries.

So I guess I have one of the easiest timezones to play in.

B)

I'm on the 8th or 9th day in a row at #1 in arena for me, Australian EST, I guess that I must be the only Aussie on my server as I see like almost zero activity near 6pm local. No complaints about that when I receive the arena award hehe.
  • central time master race reporting in