So lets talk about Ackbar, Poogle & Poe...

124Next

Replies

• Wifi wrote: »
    Eradicated wrote: »
    Wifi wrote: »
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?

The current meta is q.gon (leader),Tie pilot, leia, poe and obi one (poggle)

Umm ok? I have never seen this team and I am rank 1-3 everyday on my server. I get Poe and ObiWan/Poggle but why Q. Gon with only 1 Jedi? I get its important for ObiWan to get the debut off early but using a leader slot just for that seems not worth it. Secondly, if using Poggle then Q. Gon as leader has no effect at all. Then there's Leia, Tie Pilot doesn't need Leia (I know I have him fulled geared to 7*) and I am a believer that her crit bug is bullsht anyhow. I don't seem crit more when I use her. I used to use her with Lando and after so many time of all 5 targets not critting I dumped both of them. Plus I find Leia dmg to be mediocre especially when she doesn't double or triple hit.

Right now I am using 7*Q.Gon (ldr), 7* FOTP, 7* Luminara, 7* Sidious, and 6* ObiWan. The importance of Q. Gon in my setup it more than Ben's debuff, it's to quickly ability block with Luminara on the character that will fk with me most. Ie. Darth Maul in AOE setups will crit upwards of 6k on your Jedi, leaving a very good chance to lose 1-3 characters in first round, so I block him first and never lose. Sidious is great for Aoe/dot, heal block and survival since he gains health after each opposing player death. I might consider trying Poe instead of Sid to see how that works. FOTP, I mean, he is just the best. I have almost 11k health with him and he one shots like no tomorrow. I am open to other setups that revolve around my FOTP but the once you suggested seems not very good. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

How are you getting away with tricking the chat filter to spell curse words, do you get special forum rights if you pay out the nose?

• Wifi
    36 posts Member
    Camalus wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?

Umm ok? I have never seen this team and I am rank 1-3 everyday on my server. I get Poe and ObiWan/Poggle but why Q. Gon with only 1 Jedi? I get its important for ObiWan to get the debut off early but using a leader slot just for that seems not worth it. Secondly, if using Poggle then Q. Gon as leader has no effect at all. Then there's Leia, Tie Pilot doesn't need Leia (I know I have him fulled geared to 7*) and I am a believer that her crit bug is bullsht anyhow. I don't seem crit more when I use her. I used to use her with Lando and after so many time of all 5 targets not critting I dumped both of them. Plus I find Leia dmg to be mediocre especially when she doesn't double or triple hit.

Right now I am using 7*Q.Gon (ldr), 7* FOTP, 7* Luminara, 7* Sidious, and 6* ObiWan. The importance of Q. Gon in my setup it more than Ben's debuff, it's to quickly ability block with Luminara on the character that will fk with me most. Ie. Darth Maul in AOE setups will crit upwards of 6k on your Jedi, leaving a very good chance to lose 1-3 characters in first round, so I block him first and never lose. Sidious is great for Aoe/dot, heal block and survival since he gains health after each opposing player death. I might consider trying Poe instead of Sid to see how that works. FOTP, I mean, he is just the best. I have almost 11k health with him and he one shots like no tomorrow. I am open to other setups that revolve around my FOTP but the once you suggested seems not very good. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

How are you getting away with tricking the chat filter to spell curse words, do you get special forum rights if you pay out the nose?

Funny. I left out 1 letter in each word. I apologize to anyone it offended. Regardless, I was hoping for some constructive discussion around my post if anyone has any?
  • Wifi wrote: »
    Camalus wrote: »

Funny. I left out 1 letter in each word. I apologize to anyone it offended. Regardless, I was hoping for some constructive discussion around my post if anyone has any?

Qui Gon is good for heavy spenders.... So basically small spenders or f2p need to construct teams that can work around those advantages in some way. Basically...within 2 weeks, maybe less, I won't have a Jedi on my PvP team...even Lumi will be hitting the bench. There are some interesting synergies that will(hopefully) allow me to remain competitive against the whale teams, and get me out of the cookie cutter team I currently use. I can't complain....I stay in the top 50 to 100. But on some days, like today for me, rng and the ai advantage kills my chances of going further. Seriously....every **** game I played Lumi was critting, Sid was critting, and Dooku was double stunning. I'm going to go with Sid, Vader, Poggle, Ig-88, and either Kylo or Boba. Forget heals.....
  • I might throw Poe in in place of Kylo or Boba if I like him enough. I'll have to test the various combinations out.