7 star Grand Moff, does anyone have him yet?

I'm curious as to what his max damage is on turn one. Basic dmg and crit dmg. Im seeing how viable a Vader lead empire team would be.
I was thinking of the following
Vader (L)
Grand Moff
General Veers
Etc... gotta go to work

Replies

• I've only got a 4-star Grand Moff Tarkin, but I've got him at 60 with epic gear. His damage scales based on how many allies are still standing. At start of match, he hits for ~1600 and crits for ~2500, IIRC. Not bad for a support. His AOE is around 850 damage, give or take, and strips turn meter from targets. AOE Offense Down is brutal... it's not a Mind Trick, but given how much harder he hits than Old Ben, that's ok.

I'd love to scale him up but there's nowhere to farm his shards (yet). Le sigh. Maybe someday!

Debating whether I'd prefer a Vader-led Empire team for the massive damage spike or a Moff-led team for the massive speed boost. Looking forward to hearing from someone with a higher-star Tarkin!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I have a 7* Tarkin, lv60 and purple gear. He's very slow but hits well as long as your team is alive. His specials are nice too. But he shines in his leadership skill, giving Vader and other Empire units a huge speed boost.

Tarkin is meant to be a leader of an Empire team. He'll probably not shine in any other roles.
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Glad to hear it! I have all the pieces for an Empire-only team, but they are very hard to scale:
    Vader (4 star, shards are achievement-only)
    Tarkin (4 star, shards are lottery-only)
    Snowtrooper (5 star, shards are lottery-only)
    Royal Guard (4 star, shards are farmable)
    Veers (4 star, shards are farmable)
    Stormtrooper (Don't have him, but shards are farmable)

Did I miss any Imperials or any farming locations? Has anybody tried to make this team work? My dark side squad is stacked with droids and stuck on a few missions filled with jawas, but the Empire team I've been able to cobble together fares no better. Must I resort to sith or first order?
  • I personally like using his debuffs with Vader's dots for curling blade. It's a 1 shot kill to what ever a target.

If he was faster he would be an excellent choice with his skills, however he is slow, and as such by the time he gets his skills off, the other teams has already had 2 to 3 turns, so his skills are not valuable anymore as its at the start you want your skills to go off, not afterwards.

I have a 7* tarkin
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I think a dedicated Empire team might be going too far? I'd stick with Tarkin leader, Vader and ERG. Maybe Veers too. But both the trooper cards just seem a little weak to me, reading their skills. But then, they may have great stats instead.
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've scaled up the snowtrooper simply because that's what my Chromiums keep throwing at me. His damage isn't great, but his health pool seems ok. Most interestingly, he recharges a ton of turn meter whenever somebody dies (no matter who killed him). This means he shoots lots of times if combat is going well... less so if it's not.

I don't think he's a hidden gem the way FOTP turned out to be, but he's... slightly less terrible than I thought he'd be.
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    I've scaled up the snowtrooper simply because that's what my Chromiums keep throwing at me. His damage isn't great, but his health pool seems ok. Most interestingly, he recharges a ton of turn meter whenever somebody dies (no matter who killed him). This means he shoots lots of times if combat is going well... less so if it's not.

I don't think he's a hidden gem the way FOTP turned out to be, but he's... slightly less terrible than I thought he'd be.

Awesome input, I was in the same boat as you with chromium shards kept giving me enough snowtrooper Shards to have him 6 star never thought to use him, just might give him a try now.
    Thinking Tarkin + Daka might be a good pair especially when Daka can revive the whole team with one chance albeit a slim chance.
  • I love Tarkin but am stuck in a similar position, as I cannot farm him past 4 stars. He is still my 5th best character for my PVP lineup at level 60 and was my star character when my cast was only 4*

I don't have empire synergy yet, but I run 2 glass cannons, Lumi and a taunt character, who can actually survive the enemy phase thanks to Tarkin's 3 rounds of damage mitigation. I imagine a 7* empire led Tarkin would be a beast.