What happens if you attack from rank 1 and lose?

SlyGambit
1246 posts Member
edited January 2016
I've only been competing for rank one in the past week and the times that I've held it (only once at actual reward time) I have fought a few battles with the 2/3/4 guys but have never lost.

I assume if I attack from #1 and lose I maintain the #1 spot but figure it's worth it to confirm that you don't lose your standing. I would actually like to auto-play these on occasion to get an idea of what the AI does when I'm not around. Mostly to confirm some assumptions I've been making based on squad play on what it does on the first turn.

Not that it's a big deal to drop but whenever you don't have to...

Replies

• if you lose you drop 10 ranks
  • you stay the same rank if you lose against lower if your rank 1
  • You don't get +1 in your "Arena Fight" Achievement. Other than that , nothing happens.
  • To assist with your other inquiry, however, might I add my own observations? You mentioned you were studying the automatic feature and what it does on the first turn. I would like to contribute that the automatic feature almost always uses the best move first, even if that move is a heal tactic and is not necessary. (Ie. First of battle full health healing techniques)
  • Rank drops if you attack lower and lose, unless that is a glitch. I know the one day I was at 21 when I ran out of fights without refresh and when I cam back I was at 13. I can only assume highers attacked and lost.
  • Hmm. Lumi is the only healer I've used since I traded JC for her a few weeks ago. I've never seen it autoplay her heal unless there is a toon on my team <1/3 health. Of course her special is likely considered stronger than her heal so maybe other healers have different rules (ie. Bariss)?

Typically I see Poe taunt, Poggle offense up, Sid AOE, Luke special attack, and then a Lumi special attack. I was going to start subbing in IG-88 for Luke to see how he's handled but he isn't starred up enough to stay on defense so I would only do it when I have multiple turns left after reward time and don't mind throwing one away.
  • If someone attacks you who is higher than you they wont lose their rank this is definite i attacked someone and didnt go lower rank, You cant replace someone if they lose to you lol that would be stupid
  • You are rank 1:
    - Attack lower level and lose = Still #1
    - Attack Lower Level and win = Still #1
    - Attack Lower Level and draw = Still #1

tested many times....
  • Rank drops if you attack lower and lose, unless that is a glitch. I know the one day I was at 21 when I ran out of fights without refresh and when I cam back I was at 13. I can only assume highers attacked and lost.

Moved server..