FOTP vs. Rey Pre vs. Post update

Prev13
Okay so I have a small issue with the way the last update was handled. I was all with the idea that we wanted to make battles longer and avoid the one shots. That being said the developers released that the characters that were already fast and doing a lot of damage would be changed. We would be moving more towards slower characters doing more damage. At the time I was all for it. I thought that whatever they did to the characters was fine because it would be fairly universal. Meaning that if Geonosian soldier were to drop some damage it would be fine because virtually every character would be changed to be more equal. For the most part this was true. But I believe they made a critical mistake in the cases of Rey and FOTP. Now I acknowledge before the update that both characters were vastly overpowered. It was not difficult to one shot characters with either one of these. After the update it was a whole different story. Rey who has speed in the 140's was allowed to keep her very high damage and remained a dominant character in the game while FOTP has 117 speed and doesn't have nearly the devastating effect that he had prior to the update. How does this make sense at all with the new balancing of faster characters doing less damage. Why did we take away the damage of a slower character. Its frustrating to still get one shot by Rey and have my FOTP which I played hard nodes for 4 months to 6* be grossly less effective.
I am not calling for a Nerf to Rey. I don't care that she is good. I simply want FOTP to gain his damage back. it is not very cool to do this to people. I played with a bunch of high damage characters before the update. It seems like the largest change to playability is FOTP. He went from being a dominant character to a slightly above average character while Rey rose to the top of damage while maintaining her speed. Its silly and frustrating.... Thats all

Replies

• Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've got both and FOTP still does great damage, albeit Rey's better speed wise.
    Any who, I'm all for slow characters getting some more love. I thought my Boba would have his day to shine with the last update and that wasn't the case.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Rey, star of the show

FOTP, poop of the show
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    FOTP is complete garbage @Chemist14
  • lol if you thought so Baldo why you running him on your Arena squad? :P
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    Fotp used to be a mainstay on my team, I've left him behind, still lvl 74... shame. There is hope for him tho. He is one of the toons getting tweaked (buffed).
  • It's a chick thing. Hate me if you want, fine. Disney is very pro feminism. Look at Rey vs Luke, dominates him in this game.
    In the movie, she practically learned the force on her own. She knew more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and also mastered flying it in what... 2 minutes?
    Leia is also way more dominant than Luke, makes sense to me. All the chicks in this game pretty much kick ****... except maybe Ventress who for some reason is insanely slow, but in the cartoons is incredibly fast.
    Look at a lot of the commercials on TV now, all the chicks are really smart and the guys are complete ****. See the patterns?
    Sorry FOTP, too bad you aren't a chick because you'd probably still dominate.
  • First people were upset because a nameless pilot was powerful. Now he's not overpowered, and people are whining. I say buff Rey more.
  • Ok, (****.S) seriously get the "****" treatment?
  • P.S. Rey is pretty bad on defense...unless you get some bad RNG.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Rey might hit hard... but for me she is one character that has the highest chance of her attacks missing or being dodged. Maybe it's just perception on my part or even Bias.... but more than any other character I use she misses the most frequently...

She is also currently broken in the sense when she is debuffed by QGJ, she retains one of her buffs if she had more than one and none of them are foresight.. It's usually the offense up buff if she had it. Also upon being debuffed.. she occasionally loses her passive offense bonus for the rest of the fight! Happens to my team and also the enemy team
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    @BentWookiee hopefully these people get some private messages too...
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    It's a chick thing. Hate me if you want, fine. Disney is very pro feminism. Look at Rey vs Luke, dominates him in this game.
    In the movie, she practically learned the force on her own. She knew more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and also mastered flying it in what... 2 minutes?
    Leia is also way more dominant than Luke, makes sense to me. All the chicks in this game pretty much kick ****... except maybe Ventress who for some reason is insanely slow, but in the cartoons is incredibly fast.
    Look at a lot of the commercials on TV now, all the chicks are really smart and the guys are complete ****. See the patterns?
    Sorry FOTP, too bad you aren't a chick because you'd probably still dominate.

Wel, RP is a girl and they nerfed her into less than FOTP.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • P.S. Rey is pretty bad on defense...unless you get some bad RNG.
    P.P.S FOTP is even worse. :|

Rey is a Speed Cannon
    FOTP is no longer a glass cannon but a glass pea shooter
  • Incubus
    24 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »
    Rey, star of the show

FOTP, poop of the show

+10000000000

• The way to balance this is give FOTP more health.

He can't be both slow and squishy.
  • The way to balance this is give FOTP more health.

That makes no sense.
    He was never intended to be slow and bulky. Same with RP. They are supposed to be glass cannons.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    the obvious is to level the speed of the DDs. [pre-update] LOL
    all are still effective damage-wise but there needs to be some similarity there.. that way you are back to a variety of DDs.

protection was the fix we needed for that.. and boy did we get it. #highfiveRG

is that too farfetched? o_O
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    The way to balance this is give FOTP more health.

That makes no sense.
    He was never intended to be slow and bulky. Same with RP. They are supposed to be glass cannons.

+1
  • FOTP is **** now i have rey and FOTP, and FOTP is useless now...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Main attack o FOTP was a beast. With almost unending buff it did 2 (sometimes even three due to bug) shorts. It was cool. He also had passive on incrising crit chance.
    As they change buff, it a) no longer 'permanent', b) makes passive almost useless; c) the buff doesn't influence on second shot, so crits helps only on one half.
    And they lowered damage pretty much (now, he crits for 4k, which is very low).
    Still, his special ability is great (especially when crits).

I think they should change conditions on double shooting, like Reys - whenever he has ANY buff. And make it triple sometimes (like Leia or Rey), that would make him at least little better than he is now...
    Post edited by Vinniarth on
  • I find because of fotp speed they need to give him his health back. They took about 50% of his Damage and two thirds of his health. One or the other both at his speed is too much.

I'm looking foward to bringing my FO team back to arena but can't atm. Also they did say the protection update was meant to stop 1 hitters but I don't think they took gear 10-11 into account...
  • The only real arguement is that rey is a hero character and FOTP is a nameless one. People complained FOTP was good. I didnt.
    I miss my beast of a canon FOTP i'd love to see him gain back his worth
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Do you guys have FOTP at gear 9 or 10 or are you talking about gear 8?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

Sorry for answering with question to question, but do you really think anyone want just to check how good is FOTP at gear 9 or 10 when there are a lot more much better options to upgrade?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Sorry for answering with question to question, but do you really think anyone want just to check how good is FOTP at gear 9 or 10 when there are a lot more much better options to upgrade?

Well ok, fair enough, but don't compare gear 9 Rey with gear 8 FOTP then.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Oh, no, I don't. I had 6* Gear VIII Rey, still she had much more damage, and dodge buff as cherry on top, not mentioning speed. Now she is gear IX, and total beast.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    The only real arguement is that rey is a hero character and FOTP is a nameless one. People complained FOTP was good. I didnt.
    I miss my beast of a canon FOTP i'd love to see him gain back his worth

This is something I agree with. FOTP that you see in the movie for what, 2 minutes, should not have ever been as good as he was. The fact that he was that good and a hard farm was the mistake, the changes fixed it but unfortunately too many had spent time farming him. I have faced FOTP recently and he still puts out great damage. Not Rey damage, sure, but he never should have. CG realized that too late unfortunately and upset those that farmed him in the process.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

Oh, no, I don't. I had 6* Gear VIII Rey, still she had much more damage, and dodge buff as cherry on top, not mentioning speed. Now she is gear IX, and total beast.

I see. Well then i guess he needs a buff! Some characters are really weak-ish at gear 8, like Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto, but at gear 10 they are so so much better. Maybe that would be the case for FOTP as well? I dunno.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

By the way i just checked FOTP and it seems that he will be able to reach gear 11 unlike Rey who will be stuck at 10. That sounds like a big deal to me! Right now my instinct tells me he is fine.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

By the way i just checked FOTP and it seems that he will be able to reach gear 11 unlike Rey who will be stuck at 10. That sounds like a big deal to me! Right now my instinct tells me he is fine.

Well, it would be cool, if it was a bit easier to get to gear XI... =\