A Guide to raiding - 1.3Mil. with 5 attempts (Raid lvl V). Updated 09.05.2016

Legends
28 posts Member
edited May 2016
UPDATE NOTES (What changed)

- Stages 2 and 3 of the Raid: now continue your attack after you break the door panel once and wait for it to recharge than flee and try again, breaking the panel the second time. I think the recharge is too long and your power will be too low if you break the panel the second time, its better to flee, replace some of yor toons and do it again with full power. Do this strategy only if you have enought toons for the next attack to be strong, or just go all in.
- The Leader abilities now work through all stages of the Raid.

ABOUT THIS GUIDE

There are many crapy guides out there, guys that make “video guides” and you can clearly see that they are surprised with the things that happens (don´t know s.****). No guide could actually teach me anything so far.

ABOUT ME

My ally code is 491-475-654, leader of the Legends guild, with 50 team members all above lvl 70, some with rosters as good as mine.

I play this game since it was launched, didn´t spend much, but have quite a lot of 7* toons (enough to full 4 teams more or less). I can do about 1.3k damage with my 5 daily attempts in a Raid tier V, not bad right? Maybe I´ll do a guide later on farming and general tips on what to do in the game.

I´ll try to make a guide here with the best advice I can give with what I´ve learned so far about raiding, specifically the tier V, since that is the one my guild and most of you are probably doing.

I´ll try to make this a quick guide, so I won´t go through obvious stuff like analyzing all the skills of the guards, captain and the Boss, this information is available in the game, I assume you have a notion of that I´m talking about.

THE RAID – Part 1

First of all, it is not possible to keep all your toons alive, the raid is made so that they will eventually die, giving guys with deep rosters an advantage over everyone else. What I will try to teach you is how to use 100% of your potential.

Knowing what you can do or not will give you a good idea of how to behave. Every time you start the battle, there is a counter that shows how many turns the boss will need to become enraged, that is your deadline, for as soon as he gets enraged he will kill every toon you have very quickly, mostly 1 shots, it´s impossible to defend.

It´s very important to know that the Boss, in any of his stages, is susceptible to: defense down, damage down, turn manipulation (subtracting turn meter), expose and speed down (there are other debuffs but these are the important ones you can use). You don´t need to use all of these, but I highly recommend speed down and damage down, these will allow you to hit more often, delay his enraged mode, and spend less time recovering from attacks.

You should spend all your first 5 daily attempts at the first stage of the raid, where you can last longer and do more damage. The reason is that, in this stage you can actually keep 100% of your toons alive until the Boss gets enraged, you can do this by having one toon in your team that can dispel the Kill Order/Command (in my case I use Ackbar, but Lobot is just as good), which is not possible to do against his Devour on stages 2 and 3.

Note: Barris can dispel the Kill Order/Command too, but only works on other Jedi, and it is not very reliable, may take a lot of turns to happen, so it can be too late.

It is also needed to have one healer (Barris or Luminara recommended) and someone that can inflict damage down and/or speed down (Poe Dameron, Phasma, IG-100 for exemple). If you can keep him with the damage down debuff, you will see that your team will be able to endure a lot more, its important to defend from damage, and leave healing for a last resort, since the Boss will commonly inflict healing immunity on you, this is why healing is not very reliable.

A very good line up (exemple) is this one: Poe Dameron (leader), Rey, Ackbar, Luminara and Resistance Pilot. I caused 400k damage in one attempt with this team alone.
- Save ackbar´s dispel to use ONLY when the Boss use the Kill Order/Commnad;
- Use Poe to inflict damage down (he can keep the boss this way almost 100% of the time) on the Boss only, and taunt when a team member is hurt or has the Kill Order/Command on them, this way you save time for ackbar to dispel the debuff and for luminara to heal if needed.
- use Rey, Luminara and Resistance Pilot to do as much damage as possible and ALWAYS KILL BOTH GUARDS AS FAST AS YOU CAN BEFORE GOING FOR THE BOSS.

The Flee command – I still didn´t quite made up my mind on when to use this properly. If you use it 5 turns from the Boss Rage mode, and fail, you will probably have enough time to try again, but using it when there are 5 turns left reduces your damage quite a lot. What I am doing is use the flee command with 2 turns left for Rage Mode, since the Boss will become enraged at any moment now, just to be sure I will have enough time to try it on all my characters.

If you save at least your dispeller (most important guy for the 1st part), it’s a success. But you should be able to save 2 or 3 of your team members, if not, retreat and start over (works the same way as in GW, it´s like that attack never happened).

Notice that in this 1st part, you can buff your toons at will, so Poogle or Qui Gon Jim are very good choices. In case of Qui Gon, kill the guard on the left and wait for the guard on the right to be buffed, kill him and dispel the damage buff from the Boss to get your damage buff.

I heard, but not seen yet with my own eyes, that the Ewoks make the best team to raid, so if you are interested in climbing the ranks of your guild, I recommend you check out this information and farm them, may take a long time.

THE RAID – Part 2

Here, and in the 3rd stage, to cause the most damage you have to make good use of the door panel mechanics, and there is no defense against the devour command every 5 turns. The Boss has 50% more defense against targets affected by debuffs.

Again you will need a good toon with the dispel function (Ackbar or lobot), a lot of the damage and your survivability depends on staying clean of debuffs (healing immunity being the most important). Also, you have to keep your toons HP level always higher than 50%, if not, the cooldown on Devour will be reduced.

Here you will always lose 2 or 3 characters before the boss gets enraged, this I why I avoid these 2 (stages 2 and 3 of the raid) and recommend you invest in the first one with all you´ve got, not only you always lose more characters, but you have to time your buffs after he uses his dispel and you won’t have many tons left to attempt fleeing after you are done. (remember that especialy when using a taunt).

In this stage, every try won´t be the same, there has to be some preparation and attention to the cooldowns. You should only start your attack when the boss has less than 50% HP in the current stage (with this you get 25% more speed when you destroy the door panel). This is how you should play this round:

1. damage the door panel enough so that only 1 hit can destroy it.
2. use your buffs.
3. check if all your character are above 50% HP level and have no debuffs (use dispel and healing if needed).
4. break the door panel.
5. Use all the special attacks you have to inflict the most damage possible.

Here, to minimize your losses, I recommend you stay only enough to break the door panel once, inflict as much damage as possible and keep going (even after he recovers), up to the moment the door panel is up again. By this time you should have lost maybe 2 toons, and your power will certainly be much lesser then at the start. Do some damage to the panel but dont destroy it yet, flee with everyone you can and if possible lose just as he uses his devour (save your cooldowns before fleeing).

If you read my guide before you will know that I changed this part, I think it is better to break the panel only once a try, let it recharge and do it again only in the next try because the recharge takes a long time, by the time it is ready again your team will be much weaker, it´s better to regroup, replace some toons, and start again for full damage (conserves better your toons).

Do this strategy in case you have enough toons for a strong second or third strong attack at least, if you have only one team go all in, inflict as much damage as you can untill the Boss takes everyone out.

After you break the door panel, the Boss will recover quickly, only 1 turn, and you will have to wait for the door panel to be ready again, during this time do all you can to keep your toons healthy, with more than 50% HP, or his devour will be sped up.

Note: The Boss´s dispel should remove 75% turn metter of your toons that don´t have a buff, I think this is not working last time I checked, so don´t worry about this for now.

THE RAID – Part 3

Here the Boss will have 50% more defense against attackers with debuffs, so again, it is important to keep your toons clean in the moment you break the door panel and always above 50% HP. The rule that you should start it when the boss has less than 50% HP in the current stage also applies. The lineup is the same as above.

THE RAID – Part 4

Here the Boss can´t use devour anymore (yesssss), but his cooldowns are 100% faster, and there is no door panel. The team composition here is the same as the stage 2, keep your team healthy, above 50% HP and no debuffs so you are able to deal as much damage as possible, flee when he is 2 turns from getting enraged, if you can last that long, or if you have already lost 2 toons, in this case it will be impossible to continue and you will lose your remaining 3 very fast.

CONCLUSION

In order to be a good raider you need at least one of the game´s best dispellers (Ackbar and Lobot), as your roster grows, and to do tier VI and Heroic, I recommend you get them both. You also need at least 2 healers, I recommend Luminara and Barris. Having a taunt is also important to keep control of your team (what can you do when 2 or 3 members are stunned?) For this I recommend Poe and Han Stormtrooper, Royal Guard also works, but he is better at Arena, since you can´t control when he is going to use his taunt. The rest are attackers and debuff inflicters, THE best attacker is no doubt Rey, and don´t forget debuff inflicters, choose them wisely (I personaly like IG-100 for the raids, he is always buffed and inflicts damage down very easily).

I don´t have a complete roster, so I cant say much about all toons. I have a team member for example that says that Opress is a very good damage dealer in this mode, kinda makes sense given his passive.
Post edited by Legends on

Replies

• Ymiron
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    At phase 2 and Three I'd suggest good TM increasers, like Phasma. She does wonders giving me one extra round for each toon when the door is down. :smiley:

Good guide.
  • OldDakaNewBarber
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You mention Ventress several times as a great dispeller. Unfortunately, she is downright useless in raid stages 2-4, since she only dispels positive buffs on enemies. Only situation where she might be helpful is with dispelling multiple simultaneous taunts in Stage 1. Maybe you are thinking of Lobot?

Also, you should edit the title to 1.3M dmg, not k
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    You mention Ventress several times as a great dispeller. Unfortunately, she is downright useless in raid stages 2-4, since she only dispels positive buffs on enemies. Only situation where she might be helpful is with dispelling multiple simultaneous taunts in Stage 1. Maybe you are thinking of Lobot?

Also, you should edit the title to 1.3M dmg, not k

Hahahah, you are right, completely forgot about this, she dispells buffs from the other team, thx.

• Legends wrote: »
    Hahahah, you are right, completely forgot about this, she dispells buffs from the other team, thx.

No Problem! Sorry to be nit-picky, it seems like a good guide otherwise! Sadly, I have no high-starred taunt-ers or dispellers, so I have not been able to try it out yet. But posts like this make me feel better about focusing on Ackbar and Poe for now.
  • Hey i think your guides great! Some of that i had already figured out myself like usong ackbar. But working his cooldowns and the door switch I wasnt clear on. Since they fixed the leader ability in the other parts of the raid, will you be revising and editing?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Very nice guide. It did help a lot on my current raid.

Only new suggestion I would add is to hold off taunts until just after the rancor does his buff removal roar.
    I taunted twice in a battle and it was removed before two people acted.
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    Hey i think your guides great! Some of that i had already figured out myself like usong ackbar. But working his cooldowns and the door switch I wasnt clear on. Since they fixed the leader ability in the other parts of the raid, will you be revising and editing?

Hi.
    Yes I will revise if the leader abilities are working now (kinda hard to be sure when you use Poe as leader). Thx for the info.
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    Very nice guide. It did help a lot on my current raid.

Only new suggestion I would add is to hold off taunts until just after the rancor does his buff removal roar.
    I taunted twice in a battle and it was removed before two people acted.

Thats a good tip, but its more like comon sense than strategy hahhaha, still gona add to the guide.
  • Hi legends
    I sent ya a pm
    Found ya ally code expect to see me soon
    Cheers
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nice work.
    1 comment: This strategy is roster dependent & different if you don't have a debuff cleanser as it makes Phase 1 difficult. I'm doing @1.2M damage with no cleansers.

I'm confused about 1 thing though:
    What do we do when our rooster grows? ;)
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Nice work.
    1 comment: This strategy is roster dependent & different if you don't have a debuff cleanser as it makes Phase 1 difficult. I'm doing @1.2M damage with no cleansers.

I'm confused about 1 thing though:
    What do we do when our rooster grows? ;)

If you have 5 teams full of 7* well geared toons, you can just keep going with each team as far as you can, not trying to save any of them by fleeing. With this you can do some good extra damage.

It seems you have a very good rooster to do that much damage withought a cleanser, its most important in the first part of the raid.

I've checked and confirmed that Ewoks+Royal Guard is the best team to Raid, saw a team doing over 2 million in just one try (tier V). So if you are looking for the best strategy, just raise your Ewoks, everything else is little compared to what they can do. I'm doing it myself and one teamate is ahead of me already doing good damage with his ewoks.

• I can say as well Ewoks with their TM control are just amazing. Note it's roster, not rooster lol, Ewok healer is better than Lumi as he heals and dispels. But Bariss is definitely a must use on Rancour for the healing immunity heals. Also characters taunting take 30 percent less damage when they have their taunt up. So using this when the rancour has his double hit coming is a good move. If you have Yoda you actually want to fight the rancour above 50 percent health on each phase as he can usually spread his foresight to avoid the rancours Aoe attack most times. Otherwise yes it's best to hit him after the 50 percent. Dooku, Rey, Res Pilot, Ewok Healer, Poe or ST Han works pretty well also You get lots of dodges Poe for offense down or ST Han for turn meter boost. When killing the door Phasma is a must have as with his slow and advantage you can take 3 turns on the rancour instead of one. Check it out. Coupling him with Rey, 86, GS, QGJ and you can get a ton of hits in with the assists and 3 turns. Just a few tips to try out
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    KnightMare wrote: »
    I can say as well Ewoks with their TM control are just amazing. Note it's roster, not rooster lol, Ewok healer is better than Lumi as he heals and dispels. But Bariss is definitely a must use on Rancour for the healing immunity heals. Also characters taunting take 30 percent less damage when they have their taunt up. So using this when the rancour has his double hit coming is a good move. If you have Yoda you actually want to fight the rancour above 50 percent health on each phase as he can usually spread his foresight to avoid the rancours Aoe attack most times. Otherwise yes it's best to hit him after the 50 percent. Dooku, Rey, Res Pilot, Ewok Healer, Poe or ST Han works pretty well also You get lots of dodges Poe for offense down or ST Han for turn meter boost. When killing the door Phasma is a must have as with his slow and advantage you can take 3 turns on the rancour instead of one. Check it out. Coupling him with Rey, 86, GS, QGJ and you can get a ton of hits in with the assists and 3 turns. Just a few tips to try out

These are all good tips on the best character combinations to use, I´ll add them to the guide later, i fleel lazy now.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ewoks are definitely the best on P1 of a T5.... note they are way less effective the higher tier raids... but they dominate in T5's
  • Legends
    28 posts Member
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Ewoks are definitely the best on P1 of a T5.... note they are way less effective the higher tier raids... but they dominate in T5's

Hmm I see, hope they do well enough in P1 of T6 too, shouldn´t be too hard i guess.

They are also good for doing GW, you can just press the auto button most of the times, but I already do that unti the last 3 nodes with what I got.