Improvements to arena team

X0160768
223 posts Member
Hi.

So I'm looking for some help in improving my arena team. Currently I'm running the following (lvl 76): QGJ (L), Lumi, Phasma, IG86, RG

I do ok. I usually finish around 25-20. And I fall back to around 60 overnight. But my roster has grown quite a bit recently and so I wonder if it's time to mix it up a little bit. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance!

Here is my roster of eligible heroes:

Lumi - 7* - g9
QGJ - 7* - g8
Barriss - 7* - g8
Sid - 7* - g8
Phasma - 7* - g8
IG86 - 7* - g8
JC - 7* - g8
Daka - 6* - g8
EK - 7* - g8
RG - 5* - g8
Rey - 4* - g8
GS - 4* - g8

Replies

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    in my opinion drop phasma unless you use her as leader, and drop Lumi and 86, work on daka, gs and rey instead

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    As above not sure in point of having cap unless leader...

Sid worthless imo (and i have 7*)
    GS and Rey been in out of mine for long time and both strong
    IG86 is great with good gear/lvl for dps but just drops too early.. silly tin can

I love barris in gw.. but never used her in arena

Personally i think every team should have the following who are (of course arguably) the two strongest chars right now

Fives and Savage...
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Once you can start farming RG in cantina, I'd go that route with daka in shipments. Stuns are very strong in arena. I not sure how phasma lead QGJ 86 daka RG would do on defense, maybe a little too slow of a team. But there's a bunch of stuns in there. Since stuns are going to stop dodges, this is a good counter to evasion lead teams who are everywhere
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    So something like: Phasma (l), QGJ, RG, Daka, Lumi/Rey?

Rey is only at 4* atm though. Wouldn't she still be a bit squishy in arena?
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    dont use Rey at 4* in arena, just keep working on her and use her when you get her to 6* or higher
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Ok. Shall I keep Lumi in there for now then? Seems a shame to not use her as she's g9.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    if shes your best choice then keep her for now until you have a better choice, but in high level arena shes not used
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    I don't suppose EK would ever have a place? 3 stunners sounds tempting.
  • QGJ is overrated as a leader unless you are running all Jedi. Phasma is an annoying leader on defense, if she procs on your assist abilities. Especially with RG, who can stun half a team. If I see QGJ on lead (right now), I'm all over that team. Phasma, I might pass, Dooku I might pass, Ben as lead (esp with St Han) and I don't want to play with them at all.
  • X0160768 wrote: »
    I don't suppose EK would ever have a place? 3 stunners sounds tempting.

EK isn't worth much. One good stun, then don't worry about him until the end of the fight.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    What about Lumi leading? Worth a try?
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Lumi lead, QGJ 86 daka RG. Might work better when you get your RG and daka starred up
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Count dooku. 4 stars, gear 8, and put him in lead. Take out 86. For a lot of matchups this will be a major improvement. Dooku can stun or block a jedi 60 to 70 percent of the time on every single turn. The force lightning is almost a waste of a skill. His basic will do either a stun and/or a block more often than not on a jedi, and with more damage. So his low damage is really an asset, since he can tie off a jedi without triggering rg. His leader skill is one of the most helpful for a large variety of teams. If you wanna see what it is like to have 3 enemy stunned at a time and to get offense upnfor being attacked, get a little dooku for your collection.

Because of his tm gain and counter, he doesnt need high stars. He will pull his weight even if he is targeted and dies early.

For now, i would use lumi lead for defense. Only put qgj in when u need the speed. Lumi dodge is better more ofnthe time plus her heal can bring toons back over 50 percent while rg is taunting.
    Post edited by LastJedi on