Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Prev13456747
Jazz66
212 posts Member
edited May 2016
So Yoda and co are lvl90! And gold gear. This could be tougher than I thought.
Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• @EA_Jesse please lower the difficulty of the tier 7 yoda event, please make it possible to beat ... At this current stage it's impossible to beat it it very frustrating.
  • That's the whole point
  • Snakeye408
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Event supposed to be fun... I hope they reconsider it
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yup. This is my first time doing tier 5+ and can't yet finish tier 6. I'm guessing tier 7 will have to wait until I hit 80 and maybe even gear all my guys in tier IX or better. Kind of a bummer. He might actually be harder now than before.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Corjo3
    37 posts Member
    Seems unfair. But I am open to hearing an argument that it isn't.
  • Bockscar77
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I thought I'm gonna get Yoda this time. Seems like it's gonna be tougher than I thought!
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Bigfoot1080
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    How are people supposed to beat this?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Did they raise his difficulty?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Did they raise his difficulty?

Yup. He's been adjusted for the cap and Omega mats. At 6* he's level 80 purple, and at 7* his level 90 with full Omega.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    I expected to be able to get him to 7* this time around, based on how close I got last time (I unlocked my fifth 7* Jedi with literally an hour or so left of the challenge). They don't have protection, but this defo seems harder. He just one shotted my Ahsoka once her protection was gone.
  • he almost one shoots a JC 7* gear 8... thats madness...
    Did EA ever announce that event was adjusted ?!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    That really upsets me..... I worked hard getting all these jedi ready. I need Yoda for raids. He better be doable as he was before... =(
  • This is ridiculous, make me wait another month for this even though I have 5 7* Jedi geared up. Can't express my anger adequately without a slew of expletives so just trust that I'm angry.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Yeah it has diverted attention away from other toons for a while to prepare for the Jedi team for this, be a shame if he's too tough to get without being totally maxed out across all five Jedi.
  • sunnytheseal75
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Bockscar77

Same here, not happy at all about this. No 7 star yoda for me this time around :(
  • Seriously?
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Not sure if raid VI is supposed to be this way......first phase!! my characters are dead in two hits... Plz look in to this ..... I have tons of level seven star and they are all geared 8 or 9... At this rate with my characters being this high in geared and being killed in two hits I'm never going to progress this is goofy
    Ally code 636-153-951
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    I normally don't complain much but the yoda challenge is impossible, you have him lvl 90 and a gear lvl 20, does 15K damage every turn and I can't even last 3 rounds without dying, his turn meter is out of control, please fix this.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yup, I feel like I've wasted a lot of time getting that last Jedi. It seems like he's now even more difficult than before due to seemingly requiring you to have gear IX and Omega to stand a chance. And all of these things are currently very difficult and slow to obtain. So much disappointment after all this time.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    What a complete disappointment
  • Corjo3
    37 posts Member
    By the time i get my team up to this new standard, they will "adjust" the next event so that those who
    are not buying lots of gems can't get him. First time I've been angry at this game.
  • yes, this event is hard. it was also hard when it was first introduced. yoda did one shot people, and there was some degree of rng that went into all wins.

as the event came back, over time, people were able to beat it with less difficulty, because they had more time to gear characters, and knew what to expect.

this is no different. it is hard, but you now know what to expect, and when it comes back, you'll be able to progress, you'll probably be level 80 as well.
  • Seriously what is the point of even having the Yoda event when he's level 90 and 1 shotting 7 star Jedi at level 78?
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    :(
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Alita wrote: »
    yes, this event is hard. it was also hard when it was first introduced. yoda did one shot people, and there was some degree of rng that went into all wins.

as the event came back, over time, people were able to beat it with less difficulty, because they had more time to gear characters, and knew what to expect.

this is no different. it is hard, but you now know what to expect, and when it comes back, you'll be able to progress, you'll probably be level 80 as well.

Gearing to gear VIII and regular ability mats is far, far, far, far, easier then gearing to gear IX+ and Omega.

And two more levels will not have much impact at all. Levels provide a very marginal benefit compared to everything else.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Not good ever since Lumi gives that heal benefit icon to everyone. Yoda steals it and then heals up instantly. I spent all of this time getting other Jedi to 7 stars so I could win this time, as before I was just always little short, so I figured that getting Barriss and Ahsoka to 7 star would help me out a lot. Now I can see that it was all a waste. Those that got Yoda to seven stars before had it easier. Now it is impossible. Hardly anyone is level 80 yet to mention has enough omega mats and gear to accomplish this. As soon as I get that, they will increase his level to 100 and his abilities because the cap will be increased to level 90.

This is ridiculous. Yoda should have been kept the same difficulty as before so if you got to level 70 you should be able to get a 7 star Yoda. If you are higher than level 70 the event should have just gotten easier for you, not harder.

I had a feeling the game would be messed up once protection got added. No one on my team has enough health to stand up to Yoda. Seriously poor game development and poor show.
  • Blunderbuss
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm EXTREMELY upset at this. My squad couldn't beat him last time so I upped what I had and even got new Jedi and maxed them (as max as I can without omegas) in preparation for this time. This is nonsense.

Alright, beat him. Apologies for the hastiness of my complaint. No my foot does not taste good.
    Post edited by Blunderbuss on
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

Are you guys level 80, gear IX, and Omega? I'm losing to 6* Yoda with gear gear VIII and full non-Omega abilities.

• Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Wow...thx for the heads up EA.
This discussion has been closed.