Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Yeah, I'm done with this game. Wasted a bunch of shards leveling characters for this, but then they made it impossible. Bunch of nonsense. Good luck EA
  • I thought the tiers would reset and you could redo them they expect you to have 5 Jedi equal to the star count for each tier. I don't really even want Jedi I want Sith but Yoda would still be nice to be at least semi achievable. At least let me unlock him at one star geez.
  • Yeah... I'm not sure what the reasoning would be for them to have raised the difficulty on him. I'm stumped.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Yup. This is my first time doing tier 5+ and can't yet finish tier 6. I'm guessing tier 7 will have to wait until I hit 80 and maybe even gear all my guys in tier IX or better. Kind of a bummer. He might actually be harder now than before.

**UPDATE**

I just completed Yoda 7*, I am 77. I did it with (76) Old Ben(L), (77) Lumi, (76) JC, (77) QJ, (76) Ahsoka

• I just beat him on the 2nd try. Wasn't too bad.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    I am going to say this one time. Keep ALL comments within the ToS.
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    Just got 7* Yoda in my first attempt with Barriss, QGJ, JC, Ahsoka and Lumi and it didn't seem to be hard at all. Yoda was way slower than I thought he would be and didn't even hit that hard. He was with Mace and Plo Koon which I totally ignored and just attacked Yoda
  • EclesisSeran
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    What a disapointment. As everyone, I've been levelling my jedi since more than two months just to get yoda.
    And now as with Gear IX they have again divided players between the ones that did it before the update and the one that desperately try to do it now. This game never fails to disappoint....
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • So, I have a max star Barriss, Luminara, and Consular with a six star Ahsoka and Guardian all in 7's and 8's tier gear and I can't even do more damage than he can heal for.

Unless I am missing something, Yoda is WAYYYY overpowered!!!
  • Hahahahahah
  • Unbeatable without a fully omega geared team, aka, impossible,

Tried it with three different compositions, he just goes mad and 1-shots two guys on full health plus Barris passive health bonus.

It is significantly harder than before, I guess people who abused the Barris bug are the only ones who will be using Yoda for some time. By the way, they fixed that exploit.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Mika wrote: »
    Just got 7* Yoda in my first attempt with Barriss, QGJ, JC, Ahsoka and Lumi and it didn't seem to be hard at all. Yoda was way slower than I thought he would be and didn't even hit that hard. He was with Mace and Plo Koon which I totally ignored and just attacked Yoda

What are your guys levels and what order did you use them in?

• I just beat him on the 2nd try. Wasn't too bad.

No you didn't.
    Unless your a whale with lvl 80 fully omega gear 11 jedis or you did teir 5
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    yes, this event is hard. it was also hard when it was first introduced. yoda did one shot people, and there was some degree of rng that went into all wins.

as the event came back, over time, people were able to beat it with less difficulty, because they had more time to gear characters, and knew what to expect.

this is no different. it is hard, but you now know what to expect, and when it comes back, you'll be able to progress, you'll probably be level 80 as well.

This is it "coming back"... It's just come back much, much harder, as the jump from level 80-90 is much larger than 70-80. Your argument makes no sense, as by the time it comes back again yes, we may be level 80 with omega, but they could put him at level 100... If they make it that exponentially harder than the top available level every time then it will always be harder than before.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Anonymous_Quark
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm bringing a 7* Barriss, 7* Lumi, 7* QGJ, 7* JC, 7* Eeth, all level 77, with max skills (7), max gear (IX) and I'm getting pulverized. I have poured all my resources into my Jedi team for this event. Now Yoda's level 90 (God knows what gear level)? By the time I get my Jedi team up to 80 (and gear X), CG will probably have raised the level cap, and Yoda will be what? Level 100.
  • Reddstorm
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This would be doable if I had all the best and perfect Jedi for the encounter leveled to 77 (my current level) fully geared to the absolute max MAYBE. Jedi aren't the only characters in the game so we work on others. We're also in the middle of leveling so we can't afford to spend our non existent credits on Jedi we rushed to get at the first announcing of this event. They planned this out and pretty much if you aren't a whale and/or focus on a Jedi team exclusively, you barely get gods to 75%. You people tryin to say it was difficult before too are just wrong or trolling. It's much harder now, and impossible for me specifically despite having the requirements stated.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Hey devs, next time give us an update if you're going to buff Yoda through the roof? Maybe then some of us won't waste our time farming Jedi so we can get wiped to oblivion by him.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • warmonkey1024
    598 posts
    edited May 2016
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through a lot of pain to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    They should fix it the last teir he does 15K damage and I hate it
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    nerd rage is hilarious!
  • Macellis wrote: »
    I just beat him on the 2nd try. Wasn't too bad.

No you didn't.
    Unless your a whale with lvl 80 fully omega gear 11 jedis or you did teir 5

All righty then. Believe what you wish.
  • Glad I'm not the only one have difficult time. Lvl 78, Barris(L) QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi, JC, all gear VIII, except QGJ gear IX
    Who I am is not important, my message is. - Revan
  • Yeah ! Finally got him !
    It's the same technique as before really : just retreat until you have a team with barriss.
    Put the other jedi to midlife (ideally just before they turn yellow) then barriss. Then put em both to yellow.
    Barriss will equalize health bars... hence lowering yoda's.

Kill the adds then DPS yoda, using no special damage attack.

And voila !

UcOltaL.jpg

kZuKKuP.jpg
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yoda was ridiculously hard at 70. A lot of us went through hell to get him. It is only reasonable that he is scaled with he current level cap and gears.

Not the same thing. Gear VIII and regular mats weren't behind the same wall gear IX and Omega are.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Mika wrote: »

What are your guys levels and what order did you use them in?

Barriss lvl 70 Gear VIII (leader), QGJ lvl 78 Gear IX, Lumi lvl 73 Gear VIII, Ahsoka lvl 70 gear VIII, JC lvl 71 Gear VIII

All had mainly lvl 7 skills with GCJ having his basic as lvl 8. Mace did kill JC at the end but that didn't matter at all.
  • Darken26
    49 posts Member
    I beat him just barely I'm level 77 using qgj 77 luminara 77 Barris 77 Ashoka and a 70 Jedi consular other team was luminara and Jedi guardian brush down luminarA then gaurdian then yoda. Was left with luminara Ashoka and qgj
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    i just one shot yoda with rey. guys com'on it's not that tuff
  • Yoda is evil. There. I said it.
  • Meh, I didn't think it was that bad. Got him on the third try. QJG and Lumi both level 77 plus Eeth, Barriss, and JC only 70.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    People can really complain about everything, and then it gets nurfed again. I just finished T7 with QGJ (lead), luminar, JC, ahsoka, anakin. Lvl range 72-79, so not even a good team. Very easy on the first try, I don't get the fuss.
This discussion has been closed.