Change Arena Team Size?

Rheen
269 posts Member
What do you guys think of having 6 member teams instead of 5 member teams in Squad Arena?

Do you think it could open up more options/combinations and perhaps we would see more variety?

[P.S. CG/EA if you read this and you are planning an overhaul of the PVP system, please ignore this and do something better)
Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct

Replies

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    The time limit would need to be changed as well then.
  • Aoe teams would be drastically better, tanks would need rebalancing, everybody would need extra health and tenacity, team buffs and debuffs would become even stronger..... it would be a nightmare to implement at this point.
  • Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Aoe teams would be drastically better, tanks would need rebalancing, everybody would need extra health and tenacity, team buffs and debuffs would become even stronger..... it would be a nightmare to implement at this point.

Agreed. This would benefit AOE and counter teams the most and hurt many other comps unless tanks got a whole rework. They already don't survive for more than a turn or two under focused fire.

But I like the idea for a long term. I'd like to see arena ladders with a 1v1, 2v2, etc.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Instead of changing existing arena would be cool if they made a new arena to make this possible. Even without major rewards it could be fun
  • I would like to have six man team.
  • DregaDDraconis
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd like to see real time pvp i where you join a que!!!!! With 6 on 6 that would be epic; be fun and really take this game to the next level

But I'd be happy with online pvp
  • I'd like to see real time pvp where you join a que!!!!! That would be fun and really take this game to the next level

No que!!!!! Do you remember Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? If took forever to get a fight. I'd rather it be the same but if your opponent leaves the game you win the match.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rheen wrote: »
    What do you guys think of having 6 member teams instead of 5 member teams in Squad Arena?

Do you think it could open up more options/combinations and perhaps we would see more variety?

[P.S. CG/EA if you read this and you are planning an overhaul of the PVP system, please ignore this and do something better)
    Considering the "leftover Ships" data i would assume that CGs initial idea behind team setup was probably: 5+1. Five "normal" sized toons and one "Large Creature = Ship". ( Or maybe 4+1 )
    They had pretty much the same setup in their other game "Heroes of Dragon Age", 4 + 1.
    Since they decided against this concept as early as softlauch i am not sure how soon we can expect any chages to this configuration. That is if there are ( still? ) any changes planned, at all.
    Personally i would vote for adding Large Creatures = Ships to SWGoH. More stuff equals to more options which for me equals to more fun.
    Post edited by Darivon on