"Adjusting" Events

2Next

Replies

• Sykidus
    10 posts Member
    This I agree with. This event has been going for months. I think the majority of people calling for the Yoda event to come back, we're those close to maxing him out anyways. But I don't think people losing against him realize it's not just stars that are going to defeat him. I could probably take my 6* Jedi and defeat him. It's gear and abilities that will defeat him - not stars and levels.

Get rid of the event.

I have 5 7* (or will tomorrow) jedi, all gear level viii, all abilities 6 or 7. What it REALLY comes down to, imo, is WHICH Jedi you have. And I picked the wrong ones, and that's what's the most painful to me.

Since I only have 5, I have to use those. Luminara is a HUGE detriment to my team. Since it's a long fight, her evasion buff will go off at least once eventually, at which point Yoda will steal it and that combined with his almost always up foresight makes hitting him nearly impossible. And using her heal at any point forfeits the attempt as well, since he will steal the HoT effect and, even with Mace in the group to remove buffs, with yoda getting so many attacks per round he'll get at least 1-2 ticks of it, which is 25-45% of his HP back.. and if he happens to have foresight up when it's Mace's turn.. then he's back to full HP and there's nothing I can do about it.

So even though I have 5 high geared, 72+ leveled, high abilities Jedi, I'm still stuck knowing I'll probably have to wait 2-3 more events while I level, gear, star, and ability up several MORE Jedi to have a real chance against him.

So now the choice is, focus on getting 1-3 more Jedi from 2* to 7* and leveled 1-80 to maybe get my 5* Yoda to 7*, OR, get the dozen 4-5* other characters I already have at level 70+ that I've been neglecting to prepare for the kick in the pants to 80 and 7*ed. So 2-3 more 7*'s... or 6-12? Not even something I have to think about.

Don't even care about Yoda anymore. So I agree:

Get rid of the event, make a new one, with a new character. This one just lost it's appeal to 80% of the player base.
  • Sykidus wrote: »
    This I agree with. This event has been going for months. I think the majority of people calling for the Yoda event to come back, we're those close to maxing him out anyways. But I don't think people losing against him realize it's not just stars that are going to defeat him. I could probably take my 6* Jedi and defeat him. It's gear and abilities that will defeat him - not stars and levels.

Get rid of the event.

I have 5 7* (or will tomorrow) jedi, all gear level viii, all abilities 6 or 7. What it REALLY comes down to, imo, is WHICH Jedi you have. And I picked the wrong ones, and that's what's the most painful to me.

Since I only have 5, I have to use those. Luminara is a HUGE detriment to my team. Since it's a long fight, her evasion buff will go off at least once eventually, at which point Yoda will steal it and that combined with his almost always up foresight makes hitting him nearly impossible. And using her heal at any point forfeits the attempt as well, since he will steal the HoT effect and, even with Mace in the group to remove buffs, with yoda getting so many attacks per round he'll get at least 1-2 ticks of it, which is 25-45% of his HP back.. and if he happens to have foresight up when it's Mace's turn.. then he's back to full HP and there's nothing I can do about it.

So even though I have 5 high geared, 72+ leveled, high abilities Jedi, I'm still stuck knowing I'll probably have to wait 2-3 more events while I level, gear, star, and ability up several MORE Jedi to have a real chance against him.

So now the choice is, focus on getting 1-3 more Jedi from 2* to 7* and leveled 1-80 to maybe get my 5* Yoda to 7*, OR, get the dozen 4-5* other characters I already have at level 70+ that I've been neglecting to prepare for the kick in the pants to 80 and 7*ed. So 2-3 more 7*'s... or 6-12? Not even something I have to think about.

Get rid of the event, make a new one, with a new character. This one just lost it's appeal to 80% of the player base.

And in that time you focus on your Jedi, you fall further behind on developing the rest of your squad.

I had Eeth, Barriss, Lumi, Snips, and JC, but this was pre-update where lumi didn't grant heath up. And not long after I got Yoda geared and leveled, they nerfed him. He's not worth now what he used to be.
  • I'm with most of you. Honestly I don't mind them raising the level caps but I think it's profoundly disengenuous to do so without notifying your player community. I, for one, would have spent resources elsewhere if I knew I couldn't even come close to competing for yoda with less than a level 76 team. Minimally it's bad form and extremely poor communication on EAs part. To the trolls who are saying that they should have increased it, you all are just trying to protect your dominance by creating an environment in which it is harder to achieve the same rewards you have enjoyed. I have always appreciated EAs sense of balance and their care of the player community but they dropped the ball here big time.
  • Third solution time....

JUST SCALE THE DIFFICULTY WITH THE LEVEL OF THE PLAYER.

DONE.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Last time around I beat my head against a wall trying to beat the 7* Yoda fight. I could not do it. So I finished farming up barriss and I leveled up my Jedi and geared them and I beat it easily this time.

I know people don't want to hear it but they made the event easier, they slowed Yoda down noticeably. It's still hard and it's not a cake walk but it is easier.

I only point this out because it's many people seem to think they made this harder which I would agree would be unfair. But they never. It's now easier. It's just that easier is a relative term when discussing a very hard fight that requires good RNG o matter what.
  • For all those talking about the increase in difficulty is fair. It's not. It's a huge difficulty increase at higher levels as he will have higher resistance, higher tenacity, etc etc. the difficulty from Level 70 to 80 is greater than the difficulty from level 60 to level 70. So therefore the difficulty from 80 to 90 is that much greater. Same for the gear increases. So not its definitely harder than it was before. It took me awhile to get 6 star Yoda but I've fought this 7 star Yoda like 50 times and can't get lower than 30 percent health. Windu in 50 tries has exposed on add one time. Out of 50 chances. Eeth Koth has stunned one add one time in 50 chances. Using Lumi lead with maxed evasion I average 1 dodge per game. That's ridiculous. The difficulty isn't the same, it's harder now than it was before. At Lv 85, gear XI, maybe it would have been the same difficulty.
  • Sykidus wrote: »

Get rid of the event.

F u again EA. He said it best. Goodbye, never gonna buy another...
  • Now that by far is the best solution ever!!!
    Curufinwe wrote: »
    Third solution time....

JUST SCALE THE DIFFICULTY WITH THE LEVEL OF THE PLAYER.

DONE.