Time to nerf Dooku

Prev1
This is largely an issue for arena battles and galactic wars. The problem is the way dooku's abilities stack. Example: you load an arena battle: Dooku strikes first with lightning and stuns 1 or more of your characters. You target him with your other characters- dooku counterattacks. If there are any healers on the other team they heal dooku. It's now his turn again- he attacks and then gets a second attack. By this point you have probably lost at least 2 characters including your healer and cannot win. This is a rough example. Please reply with your own examples below.

Replies

• Options
    I completely agree. His counterattack doesn't just attack the attacker. He attacks multiple of them. I like this game but I am moments away from quitting due to the massive imbalance.
  • Options
    There arena other Ways to make u Babys cry.

https://youtu.be/MihEa3raRw8

U should change ur Gameplay. Wien every Craplord's crying for a nerf u will def. End up whit 5 Same Charakters in every Team.

• Options
    I get what you saying oxynius, but don't think you completely understand complete issue. In squad fights dooku from the defense player gets auto counter attack every time he attacks and 2 bonus attacks. Then he gets his regular attack, plus 2 bonus attacks. In every other mode or when the player them self uses dooku, you only get percentage chance of this happening.
    Not to mention even when playing against lower level players. They nearly always have taken out one of my characters before I have even had a chance to do anything. On side note these players are 2 or 3 levels below me and 1800 to 2000 less power (which I know isn't entirely accurate).
  • Options
    Why would you not attack him until he's the last man standing? That's like the equivalent of walking down the middle of a street and wondering why you got hit by a car. He's perfectly fine to play against, just don't attack him and focus down other people first. Then at the end, take him out
  • Options
    Dooku is OP, but then I kind of enjoy fighting against Dooku as it really make me think on who I have to attack/take out first and who I have to disable etc etc. I also enjoy fighting against Sid also as hes healing immunity thing that can really change a battle. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    @Oxynius your calling people cry baby's for complaining about Dooku. The only reason your not whining is because you have a Dooku. You know it's overpowered. The multiple attacks and countless counters change a game. I'm at 6k power and got beat by some kid with 4.5k power because he has a Dooku. Yes I did the kill everyone first then hit Dooku method. The point is: there's no good way to fight Dooku. Either you try and take him first but make your characters to weak to fight the other characters or you can kill all other characters and attack Dooku last. The problem with that is by the time Dooku hits you with 4-5 rounds of double attacks your guys are dead anyway. Not saying take away the counter but drop it to 50% or so.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    The only way to kill Dooku is to Nuke him. Example: Luminera's single hit Attack can disable Dooku's Lightning. Or go for stun characters. Stun Dooku before he can react, Asajj is such a charter. There are always ways to beat him :)

The problem is finding your own way of beating him :)
  • Options
    Two days ago everyone on my server below 1000 rating was rolling a dooku. EVERY TEAM. And yes, I beat a couple teams due to lucky stun RNG on my part, but it is so rare I hesitate to call it a strategy. The problem with dooku is that the counter, double strike combo is also a form of ability block in that it shuts down all multi-target abilities. Dooku does too much. They should reduce the damage of his second attack by fifty percent.
  • Options
    When I first saw Dooku's 100% counter ability I thought it would be OP but I really haven't had a problem with him in arenas. Just don't ever use AOEs against the enemy team and save Dooku for last. If you look at his growth modifiers they are actually fairly low compared to other 3 star heroes so I think that helps balance him a little.
  • Options
    Agree with Robobob. Never hit Dooku with your special attacks. I've seen him counter up to 4 times plus his usual hit when using your special. I've got a 60 Dooku with Lv 7 maxed out gear and I hardly ever use him. I find him too flimsy, high damage but low survivability.

Don't try to kill Dooku first or even second. Wait till your oppositions highest damage dealers are down before taking him on.
  • Duknukeem
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've made a post in general discussion about the OP characters I'm at lvl 40 only have a team strength in the middle 3k range was having fun until I hit lvl 40 and it was like I hit a wall I'm going to give this game to lvl 45 but I will not spend money to do so it is too early in the game to be throwing money at it devs are thinking short term not long and that is why all other star wars games fail I still have a Battle Star Gallatica online account I've played for 8 years I spend 200$ a month on you do the math do you want my one time payment if five bucks or do you want a long term player
  • Options
    EA has a beautiful track record. Swtor worked out so well that I had complete confidence in this game.

Good thing I didn't spend any cash on the crappy starter packs before learning Dooku was overpowered. Likelyhood of spending any money now is 0.
  • Options
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    EA has a beautiful track record. Swtor worked out so well that I had complete confidence in this game.

Good thing I didn't spend any cash on the crappy starter packs before learning Dooku was overpowered. Likelyhood of spending any money now is 0.

One of many reasons I spend nothing, play for free and live with my limitations.....
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oh look another post crying over Dooku, grind and learn to counter. Going full power isn't always the option, learn about debuffs.
  • Options
    I have a Dooku and even i think he is OP. 100% counter is too much, 40-50% at max would make sense and be fair. Like one of the guys above said it does make AoE attacks seem kind of stupid and pointless if EVERY time you do something Dooku is going to counter. Hes not hard to obtain with shards from hard mode which means at some point everybody will have one, fix the issue before everybody needs a tissue.
  • Options
    ok if dooku makes sense at 40-50% what about secura at 75% and ct 5555 at 80%+ally attack assist
  • Options
    and then you add on the 25% from ima gun di and she has 100%
  • Options
    Secura only has a 50% chance and "Fives" is 25%... not sure why nerfing one means you should buff others.
  • Options
    Not sure why. F2p players think they can keep up the first week there's a reason people played... For the edge learn to find good team synergy and you'll win stop crying about how there OP they're strong cause people payed for them.. Lmao you want to be on the same level as the top 10 paying nothing while we pay 100$+
  • Faby
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I must agree , Dooku is to OP , i own it to and in my opinion his counteratacks are just to much for a normal and fun game play , please change that ....
  • Options
    I'm a full "free to player" lev 41 and i play since 8 days.. Now i'm ranked 300 in my server and i've been a bit lucky to find dart sidious and Ackbar in 2 of my 5 chromium packs opened.. i don't find dooku is so OP, sure if you really want to climb the ranks probably you should spend a bit of money but the game is unplayable even if full of dookus
  • Options
    Why would you not attack him until he's the last man standing? That's like the equivalent of walking down the middle of a street and wondering why you got hit by a car. He's perfectly fine to play against, just don't attack him and focus down other people first. Then at the end, take him out

This. I'm not high leveled or high ranked but why would you poke a bear with a stick?
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    Getting sick of the cry babys whinging about Dooku. Just use tactics and strategy to beat him. Lets face it, you are prob only complaining coz you dont have him.
    Devs dont change him and bend to these people all this pandering will ruin the game if every character is the same then what will be the point.
    ****RIP Christopher Lee****
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm a f2p player & if you can't beat a Dooku, you must be doing something wrong. When I first faught him I was like "so broken"... Now "oh cool, Dooku!".

I think this is more a l2p (learn to play) problem than a OP problem.

Dooku is fine like he is now, he's squishy enough to burst but still strong enough to give a good fight... Only thing I would change on him if I could would be his ability to garner extra attacks on a counter attack, on his normal attacks I'd say go for it but not on counters. If not, he's basically using 2 skills for the price of 1, which I do feel is a bit unfair, not OP, UNFAIR!

Regards

Edit: I do not own a Dooku, got about 15 shards to go.
    Post edited by ThewhiteonE on
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a 6* dooku with lvl 5 basic attack and I don't even use him in arena BC there are better characters. His life is low and he is not hard to take out. I save him for last usually and when I do hit him I'll do it with non Jedi, toons that stun, and high damage characters to take him out in a couple hits. He is not op, but not weak either. He is a strong character that is difficult to obtain and star, so he should be strong. Find a strategy that works against him and use it and then you'll be saying the same as me. Don't try to counter what I'm saying until you've actually tried what I said or your own strategy you develop.
  • Options
    Nerf Dooku? No way. learn to fight against him. Yes. There are many ways to render him virtually ineffective. Many more powerful toons out there that are nore in need of balance.

FOTP glass cannon power tank health

Poe speedy 2 turn taunt that exposes and slows other team down. 2 Poes Poe who goes first wins.

Leia. When AI uses her she shoots 3x incredibly often, when you use her, not so much. Her 3 shots can kill a maxed out Sid and Lumi and she can stay hidden 2 turns which in theory means 2 dead toons for you.

And so on many toons are a bit out of whack. It is simply learning to fight them. I think Poe and FOTP are the most out of whack personally. Dooku is just fast and attacks a lot.
  • Options
    Also what everyone doesn't understand is that he is just a means to an end. if if your server arena is mostly aoe high damage low life life teams then you run qui-gon lead, old Ben, Dooku, Ayala etc. If you don't have Old Ben or qui-gone that's fine, just run whoever you do have to counter what the other teams are throwing at you . It's all about strategy . Like I said before I have a six star Dooku but do not use him in Arena because of the meta that is current in my server. Each character has their uses. Dooku is not 0P, he is better in some situations than others, and the same goes for a lot of other characters.
  • Options
    Especially to attack against, Dooku is imbalanced OP, no question about that. Yes, there are strategies that can work quiet well if you are lucky with your proccs and misses, especially if you have a very strong team too.
    I can live with the crazy combination of stun and counter-attacks too, what I think is just off the charts with Dooku is his speed. Having a character that has very powerful abilities combined with such speed, that he can use them much more often than most other characters can use theirs even without getting stunned or blocked ... just seems wrong.

When you have a team with the wrong abilities, then you need a better strategy. When you can't even use most of your abilities, because your dead before getting a single turn ... then the fight just wasn't balanced at all.
  • Options
    Dooku has low health and can be 1-2 shot. He dominates the lower levels and in a few weeks you won't even see him anymore.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    He's perfectly fine to play against, just don't attack him and focus down other people first.
    https://imgflip.com/i/y7ovj