Lvl 60 Advice

l3end3r
895 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey all,

I just hit LVL 60 and I usually make rank 50 in PVP. I'm a F2P.

I will have 7* Lumi and 7* Jedi Consular by the end of this week. I just got 6* Sid and am close to 6* Bobba (all max gear).

Then I have 5* Chewy, 4* Tariff, 3* Savage and 4* Admiral Ackbar all at lvl 6 gear for my 5th slot.

Questions:

(1) Should I max Sidious to 7 or start working on Savage or Akbar?
(2) Should I finish Bobba after 6*? He seems a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the team. If not, who should I start working towards?
(3) I know Chewy gets a lot of hate, but I think he's great in PVP. Do you think I should farm him to 7* after I finish Jedi Consular this week?
(4) If not, I was thinking of starting Kylo in Cantina Shards, Phasma in GW, and maybe switching to First Order Officer in Cantina shipments.

So basically, is it worth getting a 7* team of random toons before I work towards a more elite squad? For "endgame" I was thinking:

(1) Phasma (leader), Kylo, First Order Officer (or Bobba), Sidious, and Lumi (or Vader once he is 6 - 7*)
- Does anyone know if FO officer is any good?

(2) Sidious (leader), Savage, Luke, Lumi, Phasma

If I get a "weaker" 7* team first, it will be:
Sidious (leader), Chewy, Bobba, Lumi and Jedi Consular

Thanks in advance for the input

Replies

• Kylo over chewie,bobba is good if you have characters with high crit rate his leader abilites adds 45% crit damage
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Everyone has Sid cause he's easy to level but he's pretty weak. Low hp and dmg. He just good against Jedi.
  • i'd use Ewok Elder along with Royal Guard
  • Mizo wrote: »
    Everyone has Sid cause he's easy to level but he's pretty weak. Low hp and dmg. He just good against Jedi.

True, but he has a good passive for a crit team if I go that direction. Any idea how good Savage or FO Officer are? They are the two characters I'm on the fence about (FO Officer only if I get Kylo and Phasma).
  • 1. Yes max sidious. might as well if you are close.

2. i have a friend with a fully maxed boba. Its not impressive. its a bummer really.

3. And from my experience there is many better options than chewy. If you really want a taunt on your team: Poe is your man. The MAIN reason is his speed. Hes like 4th or 5th fastest in the game. Whats the point of a taunt if they attack last? you could loose one of your DPS characters by then. Some people really like chewy, but i am one that does not. I ride in the top 20 in my bracket and i never see a chewy for what its worth.

4. ok and for kylo. i have him maxed at a 5 star atm. Hes solid. nice health, mid way damage. outrage is a 1 shot if he is under 50% health and it crits(once its lvl5). The counter he gets after using his aoe is pretty nice too. So you can make your own judgement if you want to farm him out or not. But i like him and hes in my A team.

And well lastly, a full team of 7 stars is gonna be strong no matter who it is. But eventually many people will have high stars in their team, then is when strong team synergy will start to take over.

To answer your last 2 comments about team comps: i beleive phasmas leadership mixes best with characters who attack a ton/ally assists/counters. Like fives dooku leia FOTP qui-gon. and anyone who is first order due to double assist chance.

Sidious leadership is obvious: just mix it with a bunch of crit monsters! luke/savage as you listed fit great in there. ive seen a stared up savage and man he starts to hurt. like poggle buff and that ability just jacks me for a 7k single target crit. its legit for how tanky he is

• 1. Yes max sidious. might as well if you are close.

2. i have a friend with a fully maxed boba. Its not impressive. its a bummer really.

3. And from my experience there is many better options than chewy. If you really want a taunt on your team: Poe is your man. The MAIN reason is his speed. Hes like 4th or 5th fastest in the game. Whats the point of a taunt if they attack last? you could loose one of your DPS characters by then. Some people really like chewy, but i am one that does not. I ride in the top 20 in my bracket and i never see a chewy for what its worth.

4. ok and for kylo. i have him maxed at a 5 star atm. Hes solid. nice health, mid way damage. outrage is a 1 shot if he is under 50% health and it crits(once its lvl5). The counter he gets after using his aoe is pretty nice too. So you can make your own judgement if you want to farm him out or not. But i like him and hes in my A team.

And well lastly, a full team of 7 stars is gonna be strong no matter who it is. But eventually many people will have high stars in their team, then is when strong team synergy will start to take over.

To answer your last 2 comments about team comps: i beleive phasmas leadership mixes best with characters who attack a ton/ally assists/counters. Like fives dooku leia FOTP qui-gon. and anyone who is first order due to double assist chance.

Sidious leadership is obvious: just mix it with a bunch of crit monsters! luke/savage as you listed fit great in there. ive seen a stared up savage and man he starts to hurt. like poggle buff and that ability just jacks me for a 7k single target crit. its legit for how tanky he is

Wow, thx for the in depth reply! What do you think about building towards this lineup?

Phasma (Leader) - GW Shipments
    Kylo - Cantina
    First Order Officer - Cantina Shipments
    Han - Arena Shipments
    Sidious or Lumi

The synergy is built around turn advantage and extra attacks and I can work towards the characters simultaneously. Let me know if you have any better suggestions (I'm less confident about the last two slots).
  • I just hit lvl 60 and one of my heroes has a piece of gear i can't put on him till i hit lvl 63 when r they going to bring out a new cap lvl?
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    1. Yes max sidious. might as well if you are close.

Wow, thx for the in depth reply! What do you think about building towards this lineup?

Kylo - Cantina
    Han - Arena Shipments
    Sidious or Lumi

The synergy is built around turn advantage and extra attacks and I can work towards the characters simultaneously. Let me know if you have any better suggestions (I'm less confident about the last two slots).

Trade FOO for Daka and you have my team right there! Here's a video of it in action... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4434/dream-team-vs-farmable-team
  • I just hit lvl 60 and one of my heroes has a piece of gear i can't put on him till i hit lvl 63 when r they going to bring out a new cap lvl?

They said later this month the levels will raise to 70
  • Otar wrote: »

Kylo - Cantina
    Han - Arena Shipments
    Sidious or Lumi

Trade FOO for Daka and you have my team right there! Here's a video of it in action... https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4434/dream-team-vs-farmable-team

Nice vid! Yeah I might try that build instead. My concern is I can always kill dakka before the enemy team gets a taunt up on defense, since she is so squishy. What's her health pool?

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Otar wrote: »

Kylo - Cantina
    Han - Arena Shipments
    Sidious or Lumi

Nice vid! Yeah I might try that build instead. My concern is I can always kill dakka before the enemy team gets a taunt up on defense, since she is so squishy. What's her health pool?

Well, she have a really low armor but her HP is around 9k. If i could i would trade Han for Poe (faster taunt) but no clue about the impact on the turn meter and damage (Han does damage as you can see and have way better turn meter control then Poe)
  • rocknroll64
    322 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @ l3end3r

Well phasma kylo and first order officer make for a nice combo. im not sure how well han fits in there. Personally i feel han is not your best option for a tank with taunt nor a best option to be under phasmas leader ability.About those last 2 slots: I would suggest fives since you are F2P. maybe dooku if you have him 4 stared. And the other slot should be full DPS. sidious will work as well as anyone with multi attack, counter, ally assist.

Phasma and first order officer are support. kylo has a mix of some damage and health. fives is a tank with extra procs to cause ally assist from phasma. and the the DPS.

ive fought a team of phasma kylo fives lumi and dooku i beleive. whip it recommended a similar team comp for F2P players. the last slot is just any hard hitter single target. Doesnt have to be dooku. And its solid. So kylo uses aoe and gets retribution. Now they have 3 people with counter. its possible a kill from aoe. You aoe and those 3 attack you. chances are 1 gets an ally assist and 4 hits can take out a carry!

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Really? 5's + Phasma on the same team (slow much)? Add a regular stormtrooper and it will end up better then 5's!
  • @ l3end3r

Well phasma kylo and first order officer make for a nice combo. im not sure how well han fits in there. Personally i feel han is not your best option for a tank with taunt nor a best option to be under phasmas leader ability.About those last 2 slots: I would suggest fives since you are F2P. maybe dooku if you have him 4 stared. And the other slot should be full DPS. sidious will work as well as anyone with multi attack, counter, ally assist.

Phasma and first order officer are support. kylo has a mix of some damage and health. fives is a tank with extra procs to cause ally assist from phasma. and the the DPS.

ive fought a team of phasma kylo fives lumi and dooku i beleive. whip it recommended a similar team comp for F2P players. the last slot is just any hard hitter single target. Doesnt have to be dooku. And its solid. So kylo uses aoe and gets retribution. Now they have 3 people with counter. its possible a kill from aoe. You aoe and those 3 attack you. chances are 1 gets an ally assist and 4 hits can take out a carry!

I was thinking Han, because he synergies with the turn advantage and I can farm him at the same time.

Now I'm thinking:

Phasma (leader)
    Kylo
    Poe
    Lumi
    Sidious

OR,

Sid (leader)
    Luke
    Savage
    Lumi
    Poe

I need to decide soon - I'm in an awkward transitional phase
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Kylo - Cantina
    Han - Arena Shipments
    Sidious or Lumi

Well, she have a really low armor but her HP is around 9k. If i could i would trade Han for Poe (faster taunt) but no clue about the impact on the turn meter and damage (Han does damage as you can see and have way better turn meter control then Poe)

I decided to go with Poe, since I need a tank and I think he fits more lineups. Once I get him to 7* I'll probably get Dakka.

He doesn't synergies with turn meter, but gets his taunt up faster and will work with a Vader team once I can get him level to 5/6*'s
  • Well ok the reason i suggest fives is because her and phasmas leader ability mix well. fives has an ally assist and high counter chance. Both proc the chance of phasmas leader ability to get one of your hard hitters to assist. He is a bit slow and base damage is junk. He applies slows to almost everyone he attacks. He does work well with phasma.

I beleive poe is the only viable tank with a taunt atm. Some meta breakers will tell you han and maybe some other things. I just dont see han at the top of my bracket, nor is he a threat when i do see him. i have enough speed and damage to take out 1 hard hitting carry before han taunts. poe has speed and taunts before anyone takes any real damage. its key.

And L3end3r, i think both of those teams are solid with nice synergy. i fought a luke yesterday i think. he must have had some stars and maxed gear. His ability can crit for some serious damage with a sure stun. i dont remeber the numbers. But i was pretty surprized.

on a random note, i have been loving my kylo. hes maxed out 5 stars(everything but abilities). close to 6 atm. and he just comes in clutch. the counter. decent aoe. insane damage with outrage when he is below 50%. and hes tanky enough to last a turn below 50% against the AI. the heal block on his basic attack.
  • Well ok the reason i suggest fives is because her and phasmas leader ability mix well. fives has an ally assist and high counter chance. Both proc the chance of phasmas leader ability to get one of your hard hitters to assist. He is a bit slow and base damage is junk. He applies slows to almost everyone he attacks. He does work well with phasma.

I beleive poe is the only viable tank with a taunt atm. Some meta breakers will tell you han and maybe some other things. I just dont see han at the top of my bracket, nor is he a threat when i do see him. i have enough speed and damage to take out 1 hard hitting carry before han taunts. poe has speed and taunts before anyone takes any real damage. its key.

And L3end3r, i think both of those teams are solid with nice synergy. i fought a luke yesterday i think. he must have had some stars and maxed gear. His ability can crit for some serious damage with a sure stun. i dont remeber the numbers. But i was pretty surprized.

on a random note, i have been loving my kylo. hes maxed out 5 stars(everything but abilities). close to 6 atm. and he just comes in clutch. the counter. decent aoe. insane damage with outrage when he is below 50%. and hes tanky enough to last a turn below 50% against the AI. the heal block on his basic attack.

Thanks for the help :)

I really want Kylo too, but I think I can get a solid crit team up much faster, so I'll probably go with the later team I suggested:

Sidious (leader), Luke, Savage, Poe and Lumi.

It may not be the "strongest" team, but definitely one I can work with, and I've heard people are surprised by how strong Luke and Savage are when they are leveled up... Since I have two glass cannons on the team, I think Poe will be a really good fit and Lumi is always solid.

However, I'm not really sure who to go for with my GW Shipments. I'm thinking Phasma or Poggle, but leaning towards Phasma.