Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• SirBoss
    38 posts Member
    It wasn't that hard just refresh until he has barriss so she will equalize health. I used barriss (L), koth, Jin, lumi, & JC. All lvl 78 except koth at 72. Took me about 20 tries and about 100 refreshes to get barriss those 20 times.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Cyn wrote: »
    You can't fault CG for your own mistake. Plenty of people have developed strategies to beat Yoda and if you haven't been able to at least copy them then you have only yourself to blame.

It's as much RNG as it is strategy, you can have the optimal Jedi for the challenge at level 80 gear 9/10 and still lose
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    You can't fault CG for your own stupidity. Plenty of people have developed strategies to beat Yoda and if you haven't been able to at least copy them then you have only yourself to blame.

It's as much RNG as it is strategy, you can have the optimal Jedi for the challenge at level 80 gear 9/10 and still lose

Yeah, you're right. So keep rolling those dice son. I had to try for a good couple of hours to beat it. With dodge leader abilities working better now it should be easy!
  • Arkangil
    64 posts Member
    Has anyone beat 6* with Plo? What was the level/gear/party around that if so?
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    I have yet to see anyone beat Yoda with the same team I had.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Nobody wrote: »

What team is that?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    As I predicted I did get yoda 7. Quicker than I expected, I'd started farming extra gear for my Jedi, but let's just say yoda hitting for 20k at one point in my quest left me less than impressed.

Turukano
  • When yoda event happened last time did he crit for 16000 plus? I don't recall anyone stating those numbers before.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member

What team is that?

Barriss lvl 77
    Lu lvl 77
    JC lvl77
    EK lvl 73
    AT lvl 74

All gear 8 except AT lvl7
  • Yoda speed was apparently fixed. That is bull that is why everyone is having trouble he takes too many turns
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Yoda speed was apparently fixed. That is bull that is why everyone is having trouble he takes too many turns

His speed was lowered
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You can't fault CG for your own stupidity. Plenty of people have developed strategies to beat Yoda and if you haven't been able to at least copy them then you have only yourself to blame.
    You call strategy restarting hundreds of times for having easier combination of enemies, and then trying those combinations tens of times until Yoda AI goes completely dumb by steadily attacking different targets instead of focusing one?
    Strategy is: I gear up and level up my jedis, use best leader, use control abilities wisely, switch targets in particular way, resulting in my chance to win of 10% or more.
    No way! Control abilities are nearly useless, switching targets makes things worse, having Lumi & JC doesn't saves your jedis from being killed by one krit or two attacks.
    What you call strategy, is grinding of the same scenario over and over again until you get lucky. If I wanted grinding, I'll play korean MMORPG, and not a mobile game.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

What team is that?

Barriss lvl 77
    Lu lvl 77
    JC lvl77
    EK lvl 73
    AT lvl 74

If Barriss lead isn't working I would go with Lumi lead for RNG dodges. That could really save you.
    For Yoda's allies aim for Barriss, JKG, JC, Plo, Old Ben, Kit.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Been getting killed for two days. Really upset at how much effort it took to be ready for Yoda this time around only to have it be this impossible. Please nerf this a little.
  • Everyone is so whiny,jus a game chill and grind the grind
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member

What team is that?

Barriss lvl 77
    Lu lvl 77
    JC lvl77
    EK lvl 73
    AT lvl 74

If Barriss lead isn't working I would go with Lumi lead for RNG dodges. That could really save you.

I tried them all. Tried the strategies listed in the forum, got crushed every time but one. Had them down to Yoda and one partner who was at 1/2 health. My remaining four were all near full health. One turn they wiped out my last 4. Attempted at least 100-200 times. Don't have that much time for a game
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    Looks like jedi party without Barriss has few times less chances to win. Too bad this is "Jedi challenge" and not "Barriss and friends trying not to die challenge"
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    So much whining really sucks. I beat yoda with Ahsoka (lead), lumi, windu, JC, and QGJ. All gear VIII. All five are level 77. Exactly 1 omega ability (QGJ basic attack). I'm a F2P. Took me the better part of yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours of on again off again play. It's totally doable exactly as is. It's a TRIAL! For the Grand Master Jedi! Jeez folks...

No offense to the people who are just asking for help. Asking for nerfing though is weak stuff.
  • Arkangil
    64 posts Member
    Can someone explain how his turn meter gains work? It seems like he will have virtually zero turn, I attack with a basic attack, and then he maxes out. And his turn meter instantly maxes on a kill no matter what. there are other times it seems to skip.

I have 5* Yoda but can't tell what is causing this.
  • A trial implies skill is needed. This is just about rng. Some will get the needed rng soon. Others will have to do it 1000+ times.

This is not fun.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Ebi wrote: »
    So much whining really sucks. I beat yoda with Ahsoka (lead), lumi, windu, JC, and QGJ. All gear VIII. All five are level 77. Exactly 1 omega ability (QGJ basic attack). I'm a F2P. Took me the better part of yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours of on again off again play. It's totally doable exactly as is. It's a TRIAL! For the Grand Master Jedi! Jeez folks...

No offense to the people who are just asking for help. Asking for nerfing though is weak stuff.

I'm not whining. I'm ecstatic that I spent the last few months playing everyday to be told I suck and I didn't choose the right Jedi for my team. I wonder how you would feel if at the end of the work week your boss said you didn't do the job quite right so you wouldn't be getting paid for your work. I'm sure you would just laugh it off
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    A trial implies skill is needed. This is just about rng. Some will get the needed rng soon. Others will have to do it 1000+ times.

This is not fun.
    I absolutely agree.
    For example, there are 14 Jedis in the game, but not even the best skill will help you to win, if you don't have at least 2 healers.
  • SirBoss
    38 posts Member
    Participation ribbons for everyone! Please EA just give them a 7* Yoda before the mob forms lmao.
  • SirBoss wrote: »
    Participation ribbons for everyone! Please EA just give them a 7* Yoda before the mob forms lmao.

I'm stoked that you were able to beat 7* Yoda so easily. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day for some condescension.
  • SirBoss
    38 posts Member
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    SirBoss wrote: »

I'm stoked that you were able to beat 7* Yoda so easily. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day for some condescension.

You are very welcome
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    SirBoss wrote: »

Real funny... Not
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    Strategy is like in the tank challenge, where Teebo can reduce turn meter and Royal guard can stun Mace, preventing him to annilate my tanks. Abilities have a chance to work. Yoda and his henchmen resist nearly everything even without battle meditation. Dumb gambling. Try and error isnt a strategy.
  • Darthmall
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The thing that is the most unfair us that people who got Yoda on the last event got to fight a much easier Yoda, so if u ask me either they should have to beat the new Yoda at 7* or they should have a special mark letting us know they are from the baby level 7* Yoda, which I think the devs should make weaker than the 7* Yoda that's out now.

Like give the baby 7* Yoda -25% health and damage.

I mean how can you justify making the new Yoda challenge harder when all the Jedi I have on my team seem to be weaker since the last update. My 7* QGJ, OldBen, Ashoka, JC, Lumi, and 6* Yoda all either have much smaller health bars since the protection or thier damage is weaker and gets dodged more by players who don't even have that ability.

I have seen GS, who also got a nerf, if that's what u call it, I mean he still shoots his assist every time but now half the time the blast hits the floor before the target, or hits and does no damage. Why do I bring this up on a Yoda thread, cause when I attack GS now with Jedi, he seems to dodge the attack, along with a lot of other players who don't have dodge and the lead does not either.

Basically all the teams, rebel, empire, sith, droids, even Ewoks seem to get more power as a group....those weak Heath Droids now have + 5000 protection so they don't get killed the first round. Well there was a reason for that, cause they do so much damage they take out 3 fully healthy toons.

I really feel like the players that are the most liked and most collected, the Jedi, who are supposed to be the best....facing 2 sith and 2 only , seem to have Gotten the raw deal here, what good is having QGJ humbling blow if it ether gets dodged by most players, even those without dodge or evade, and when u do connect your combined effort with your ally is lucky to take out the other toons protection?

I mean the driods had low Health because they did so much damage, now you give them more health? And make the Jedi weaker and most players dodge thier hits 25-50% of the time?

So why the heck am I going to spend all my money, time, and mets to get my Jedi stronger so I can beat the new Yoda? When the Jedi are one of the weakest groups now? They have been nerfed and damage diminished the I the point where that most are only good in GW.

I have a 6* gear 9 Yoda and his unstoppable at level 7 takes about 1-2 notches off of a toon, maybe 3 if it's protection. His basic Ataru level 7 does more damage than that? So why are the protectors of the galaxy so weak? I mean if it's because they are all dead then they shouldn't be in the game. But I don't get how one Jedi can take out 50 battle droids in movie but here the driods are indestructible??

Maybe I need Ja Ja Binks to lead my team, then I'll be unstoppable.

Really why do u make all the unknown, and undesirable characters the ones who do the most damage. Yeah the GS were strong, but there were also about 25,000 of them against 50 Jedi and some clone troopers!

Make the players harder to get if u want, but at least let someone who has seen the movies decide who gets what power and how strong they are.

I mean this game is the most backwards ever since the new update. Why not make Ja Ja Binks the most powerful player in the game...... Of course chrome packs only!!!!

Post edited by Darthmall on
  • MaxxSwagger
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This video was posted last time he was available apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opwNSeb0Bx8

The Yoda I am facing NEVER hits for 3k with crits of 6-7k

The allys in the video die HEAPS easier than the ones I face and hit for a lot less.

@EAJesse what gives?
This discussion has been closed.