Questions for upcoming Q&A Panel

Prev1
DanTom
975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
@EA_Jesse mentioned an upcoming Dev QA that he's working on coordinating with the devs to answer some community questions. I figured I would kick it off with some questions and I'll add any reply questions to the OP:

**Note to EA/CG: I've tagged those asking the questions so that you can scroll down to the original question, which in many cases offers more information on the question; please check them, and thank you for taking the time to help inform the community**

1. Can we get a detailed description including numbers for various buffs and debuffs in the game? Also, their max amounts and diminishing returns and do the buffs/debuffs stack? (Defense up/ down, etc.) Many people are confused about dodge, which shows 0 @Harmson @StirringOwl
3. Can we get an analysis of the effects of other stats including speed dodge, tenacity, potency, etc. (see response below for more detail into the question.) @Top_Quark
4. how about information on any heroes with pending bug fixes such as leia.
5. Let's put the AI arguments to rest with some details on the AI system and any differences between it and player controlled. Are there any plans to revamp this system.
6. I know you can't give detailed dates or schedule but can you go over the roadmap for improvements on existing features and bug fixes? What are the priorities for existing fixes/improvements.
8. When will the next crystal sub pack be available? Will they be recurring or will they only be available for a limited time. @cosmicturtle333
9. Are guilds/alliances coming soon? (roadmap, also ties in with #5.) @Scorpion1980 @Darth_Allycode @StirringOwl
12. Any customization plans for future updates? (I'm assuming character customizations) @Scorpion1980
13. Care to share any of the upcoming heroes, even if you can't give a date? Such as Yoda, Grievous, etc.? @Finalsalute
14. Any upcoming character balance/adjustments? People are wondering about Mace Windu being generally weak and not really living up to his lore expectations?
15. Lots of questions on balance/QoL from various other threads
  • Count Dooku - Do devs like his current state? Buff? Nerf?
  • First Order Tie Pilot
  • Mace Windu
  • Luminara
  • Sidius
16. Any plans to tweak, adjust the Galactic Warfare Table?
17. Any news or hints about upcoming challenges and keycard battles?
18. Can we get approximate drop rates:
  • Chromium Heroes
  • Cantina Shards
  • Hard Mode Shards
  • Challenge Material Drops
19. When can we expect to see action taken against exploiters/hackers and what actions are planned? (7* Vader, etc)
20. User Interface Tweaks
  • Crafting and Ability Material Scroll Window
  • GW character Selection (sorting options, etc.)
  • Character management window (main screen)
21. Can we get more diversity in the shipments, to give us more exciting options and so that we aren't just buying them to finish the daily quest. @Pindasauskanon
22. Can the bronzium drops be updated to be level-specific? There are many low-level gear pieces that I have over 200 of. The credit drops (500, 700, 1000) are so low as to be meaningless to anyone who has played more than 5 minutes. @Qeltar
23. Would it be possible to have a test arena with n rewards but a place to test out builds without spending energy or crystals?
24. It was mentioned previously that there would be something to do with excess shards. Could we get more info there? @Merkur0m
25. How far down the backlog is cross-platform play? Any chance of it being moved up? @CrossXcalibur
26. Any details in the upcoming ships system? @Darivon
27. Is there a plan to improve the descriptions/tooltip a for leader abilities or an official reference for these? Many ask about how a leadership skill works and the amount of effect. @Adorme
28. Are there any plans to add skills/abilities to the heroes as they gain levels between 60-70 (and beyond)? Why does Ventress have 5 skills and no one else does? @cosmicturtle333 @Breetai
30. Why do heroes require gear that doesn't affect their important stats? (life steal for example?) @StirringOwl see @Kyuu2 comments below.
31. Where is Darth Jar Jar @StirringOwl
32. Are there any plans to improve/revamp the character pack process? This was pretty crazy and created some needless drama? @StirringOwl
33. When will the locked icons in the cantina be revealed (unused tables) @StirringOwl
34. Will challenges be updated to drop more purple gear at the higher levels? @Breetai
35. Are there plans to vary/improve the gear in the shipments? @MLGebra
37. How many heroes should we expect to see in the "endgame"? Currently there are 71 heroes, how many more are planned and will be released before this ends? @MLGebra
38. Any details on the forthcoming shard exchange? @Elyndria
39. Will there be special events (special, as in non-recurring)? @Elyndria
40. Any plans to improve PVP, the PVP AI, or introduce live PVP? @Elyndria
41. Any plans to introduce co-op content? @Elyndria
42. Will chromium only players ever be farmable (QGJ) @Elyndria
43. Is QGJ leadership ability working as intended. Many players report that the speed doesn't increase until after the first turn, reducing its effectiveness dramatically.
44. Will tanks ever become "tanks" with maybe a damage reduction in taunt or something to slightly prolong their life when focused?
45. Are there any plans to implement a replay system as seen in some other games so that we can adjust to how the AI plays our build? @Andrew
46. What are CGs thoughts on the less than stellar customer support from EA? In the times I have dealt with them they have been abysmal. I've spent 4 emails back and forth with support so he could determine if I bought the app on the App Store successfully.

That's my start, anyone else?
Post edited by DanTom on

Replies

• cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    6. When do I get Yoda? Err mah gawd! Gimme mah YODA!

*bursts a blood vessel in my eye*

(Seriously this time)
    6. When will the next crystal sub pack be available? Will they be recurring or will they only be available for a limited time.

I'd like to buy the sub pack for the next few months at least, so it's pretty important to me and others too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • 7. Can you buff sidious Aoe to hit 200% more on crit?
  • 8. are guilds coming soon?
    9. any customisation features in future plans?
  • I would also like guilds and guild pvp but that would probably be so far enough especially because you'd need to somehow make it cross server which i dont see them doing
  • When do I get me a general grevious!!
  • I added the ones linked besides the AOE buff for Sid (I asked about general character adjustments instead, so it will include other characters as well.

I also added a few more I thought of based on common questions seen in other threads.
  • 19. sorting button, example most hp, most atk etc.
  • 19. sorting button, example most hp, most atk etc.

Added to UI section
  • oh i see lol oops sorry
  • I'd like to see a change in the gear shipments. Now I just buy all the things. Hey some VI laptops thingys maybe I need some more of those. I buy the stuff and then go check the inventory. Oh I already have 752 of those :# Sure they are cheap and I don't miss the credits. But it would also add some excitement to gear shipments if you see something you really need (instead of some mk8 coffeepad prototype B part 5 don't know if I need it or not)
  • oh i see lol oops sorry

no worries, I added after you mentioned it, not before. It's a good question.
    I'd like to see a change in the gear shipments. Now I just buy all the things. Hey some VI laptops thingys maybe I need some more of those. I buy the stuff and then go check the inventory. Oh I already have 752 of those :# Sure they are cheap and I don't miss the credits. But it would also add some excitement to gear shipments if you see something you really need (instead of some mk8 coffeepad prototype B part 5 don't know if I need it or not)

added to the list

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Can the bronzium drops be updated to be level-specific? There are many low-level gear pieces that I have over 200 of. The credit drops (500, 700, 1000) are so low as to be meaningless to anyone who has played more than 5 minutes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Can the bronzium drops be updated to be level-specific? There are many low-level gear pieces that I have over 200 of. The credit drops (500, 700, 1000) are so low as to be meaningless to anyone who has played more than 5 minutes.
    i agree +1
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    i agree +1

Awesome idea, I added it. That would be game changing for many of us. I mostly get a worthless T1 piece of gear or credits that don't even pay what it costs to craft a low-level item.
  • theres an idea on a post below this discussion on main page about ally skirmishes, with no rewards but its for free, nice to test builds imo
  • What are they planning to do with the excess shards gathered by 7☆ characters?
  • Merkur0m wrote: »
    What are they planning to do with the excess shards gathered by 7☆ characters?

Added.
  • Cross Platfrom play. It's on the backlog I know, but it should be bumped up some.
  • Hey @Cpt_Dan Good idea dude, your effort put into it is surely appreciated but personally i think a lot of those questions are either self-explanatory or according to logic can't/won't be answered.
    That said i think i a try won't hurt anyone and i'm curious how they re gonna handle it. So i would like to add:
    • What are the current plans in regard of ships, either being added as an additional party member (as probably initially intended ) or as additional content in form of another table / game mode ?
  • Cross Platfrom play. It's on the backlog I know, but it should be bumped up some.

I added it. It would be nice to have that done. I think a browser version would be cool also
  • Good points @Top_Quark
  • Is there a cap to the buff/debuff or can you excede 100%.
    Second defense vrs resistance is this similar to damage ignoring vrs lessening of damage?
    lastly, we can obviously scale up damage with buffs but does defense/resistance scale to the damage? Example can a character with 100% defense completely ignore damage or does that percentage scale to the level of the attacker?

Thank you
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Darivon wrote: »
    Hey @Cpt_Dan Good idea dude, your effort put into it is surely appreciated but personally i think a lot of those questions are either self-explanatory or according to logic can't/won't be answered.
    That said i think i a try won't hurt anyone and i'm curious how they re gonna handle it. So i would like to add:
    • What are the current plans in regard of ships, either being added as an additional party member (as probably initially intended ) or as additional content in form of another table / game mode ?

I know that many of them can't/won't be answered but I also didn't want to filter the questions coming in. Just provide a space for the devs to try. I'm adding your question into another, I'll tag you.
  • Adorme
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Really good questions. I hope we can get some answers.

Not sure if this goes under question 1, but I would like some more information on some of the leader abilities. For example, are Sid's and Lumi's buffs additive or multiplicativ with a chars base crit chance/evade? It seems like the crit damage buff from Sid and Boba are additive, but it would be great to get a clear description of these kind of leader abilities.
  • Adorme wrote: »
    Really good questions. I hope we can get some answers.

Not sure if this goes under question 1, but I would like some more information on some of the leader abilities. For example, are Sid's and Lumi's buffs additive or multiplicativ with a chars base crit chance/evade? It seems like the crit damage buff from Sid and Boba are additive, but it would be great to get a clear description of these kind of leader abilities.

I added it separately just in case, at least a condensed version.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    How about the toons that get gear upgrades towards special damage and have no special damage? And many many other inconsistencies like that?
    Tanks in this game don't really survive much, and those who do, don't have taunt. Any love going to tanks?
    Healing skills, why they are based off HP% and not special damage?
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    I believe this would go under question three but do bonuses stack? For example if I have Sid as leader and Leia gives everyone the bonus to crit do they now have both bonuses or just the greater of the two? Same for Boba as leader with IG-88, and I'm sure countless other combinations. This would help us know if the synergies we think we are building are actually viable.
  • Hawk7915
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My questions:

- Is there a plan to rotate what characters are available in Shipments? If so, will we receive warning before a character (e.g. Captain Phasma) becomes unavailable for GoW Shipments? How much of a warning?

- I love that HK-47 is available. Any plans for other Old Republic era characters such as Revan, Satele Shan, Bastila Shan, Mandalore, etc.?

- What are the odds of seeing characters whose canon status is questionable or revoked, such as characters from Force Unleashed, Shadows of the Empire, the "Jedi Knight" games, the Thrawn Trilogy, or the Yuuzhan Vong invasion?

- Have you considered implementing abilities that go along with a character's team identity? E.G. all Jedi have a chance to "reflect" physical attacks, all Droids are immune to certain debuffs but vulnerable to others...

- Will new versions of existing characters, like Smuggler Han, Rebel Luke, or Padawan Anakin, be purely cosmetic, or entirely new characters with their own skills? Or a combination of these two things?

- Will we ever see characters that are "neutral" and can be used on Dark and Light missions? Thinking of my favorite Prodigal Knight from KotOR here :tongue:

EDIT: Thought of one more:

- Currently ongoing damage feels piddly and inconsequential (granted I'm only level 39). How is it calculated? Thoughts on tuning it? Thoughts on splitting it into different kinds of ongoing damage (burning, bleeding, shocking)...

- Thoughts on changing damage from just Physical or Special to other types as well? Seems like it would open up some design space.
  • Last question Cartel/Guild are we going to be able to make and join them. What about Cartel/Guild Battles?
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • The question: Why doesn't Boba Fett use his blaster?

My recommendation: They could change his current basic attack with him shooting his blaster (as it would be more realistic for a blaster to have more ammo than a wrist rocket, which he already uses as his aoe attack btw), maybe calling it Boba Blast? (or anything else really), or maybe swap it with his current basic, and making his current (Execute) into a special third attack (much like Kylo's attacks: basic, aoe, special) or change the animation into him using his flamethrower against 1 opponent, and giving either of these attacks a little damage increase? And just tossing it out there, why not rename it "Disintegration"? lol