Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Everything is rng with this game so get used to it if you have not done so.

No. Not everything. The yoda event requires the least skill and is the most rng dependent in the entire game.
  • You believe anything in the updates?

What is the difference between critting for 6000 vs 16000. It is all the same.

Also yoda being able to steal heal over time is the same.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Don't think you are supposed to put mods names in your title...
  • Arkangil
    64 posts Member
    Also, I have seen every Jedi name in winning teams except Plo, who sadly I leveled because I lucked into getting him once in a bronzium card
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Clearly he was way harder back then.
  • Hut
    39 posts Member
    Also notice that he doesn't steal Lumi's heal over time effect, and use it to regenerate all his health after he kill shots your characters one after another with 12k+ crits.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Hey, they have to march in goose step (err lock step) with what they're told to say now matter how obvious the lie.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Before Protection.

Without protection in this video his first hit takes off half life, with protection on in my experience, the hit takes all your protection and a little health, so it does appear he hits the same amount it just looks different with protection instead of pure health bar.

O
  • Except you can't regen protection, so when it's gone, you're doomed
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Orions wrote: »
    Before Protection.

Without protection in this video his first hit takes off half life, with protection on in my experience, the hit takes all your protection and a little health, so it does appear he hits the same amount it just looks different with protection instead of pure health bar.

O

But you can't heal protection.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Arkangil wrote: »
    Also, I have seen every Jedi name in winning teams except Plo, who sadly I leveled because I lucked into getting him once in a bronzium card

I had Eeth in my team, he's next to useless!

I had to retreat about 100 times to get Yoda with Barriss and Eeth .. kill Eeth, Barriss to low red, Barriss halves yoda's health, kill Yoda. Use QGJ to dispel yoda's heal over time or offence up (or he can crit for 19K!)

Can be done with this strategy, good luck and may the force be with you

Jedi Cocopops
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    And his protection is built into his health, right? So he gets back what we cant
  • Arkangil wrote: »
    Can someone explain how his turn meter gains work? It seems like he will have virtually zero turn, I attack with a basic attack, and then he maxes out. And his turn meter instantly maxes on a kill no matter what. there are other times it seems to skip.

I have 5* Yoda but can't tell what is causing this.

He has super powers that are unavailable to the normal Yoda. Just like Savage can do massive AoE damage in the daily challenges.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    They don't even know their own game man, of course it's the same to them!
  • This is a joke :-/ we get locked at LVL70 for the longest time, while waiting for a Yoda event to become available again ... and when it does we're facing off against a 7☆ LVL90 Yoda plus two supporting Characters !

C'mon EA ... a challenge is one thing but this is ridiculous.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    Hut wrote: »
    Also notice that he doesn't steal Lumi's heal over time effect, and use it to regenerate all his health after he kill shots your characters one after another with 12k+ crits.

What's more after stealing of Lumis HoT and using Battle Meditation he gets healed for twice the amount of what he should, which may be more than You can hit him in one round.
  • Ya it's so fair when I am hitting yoda and don't see his health bar move at all.......
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    I'm glad you posted this because I was about to. I reviewed numerous videos from the event before the update.
    My consensus is this: If they say he hasn't changed, and his level and rank are just displayed as they weren't before, that's complete and utter inaccuracy. With the update, came MAJOR change in both strategy, character health, health distribution and elimination, healing factors, etc.

So they may not have changed anything on their part to the event specifically and directly, but the event has now changed collaterally due to the holistic game changes outside of the event.
  • As I posted elsewhere, no mod or dev has ever stated that the Yoda event did not change. They addressed four specific things that had or had not changed. According to the post, Yoda was always level 90 with Omega, we just could not see it. Two specific things that had not changed.

Also according to the post, Yoda's speed was decreased, and he has been affected by protection. Granted, that could mean anything, but it almost certainly includes doing more damage to overcome the extra HP we all have now.

Putting this false statement in your title is the same thing I was arguing against earlier. We all know it's harder than last time, even witbout video "evidence", but you're clinging to inaccurate information and assumptions.

Someone should post an old video of Level 6 Cantina battles and compare them to now. I'll bet you see a similar difference in damage output.
  • He is beatable but I think the way EA/CG went about it wasn't exactly shrouding themselves in glory. I admit that I said some pretty horrid things in the heat of the moment but I still feel that the challenge shouldn't be more reliant on luck than skill. Sadly it was the case for the 7* challenge because it was heavily dependent on you having Bariss and a couple of spaghetti wielding Jedi to stand alongside the little green fella.
    I, along with a great many others , got lucky but it shouldn't have been set up this way. The challenge would have been a lot more "interesting" for the player of it was more reliant on skill and spread out over a number of days so that only committed players would complete it
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    As I posted elsewhere, no mod or dev has ever stated that the Yoda event did not change. They addressed four specific things that had or had not changed. According to the post, Yoda was always level 90 with Omega, we just could not see it. Two specific things that had not changed.

Also according to the post, Yoda's speed was decreased, and he has been affected by protection. Granted, that could mean anything, but it almost certainly includes doing more damage to overcome the extra HP we all have now.

Putting this false statement in your title is the same thing I was arguing against earlier. We all know it's harder than last time, even witbout video "evidence", but you're clinging to inaccurate information and assumptions.

Someone should post an old video of Level 6 Cantina battles and compare them to now. I'll bet you see a similar difference in damage output.

So exactly what was changed to make Yoda hit for 12k now compared to 6k before?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Try 16000 nit just 12000.
  • He didn't say Yoda wasn't changed. He listed what was changed and what was not changed.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    As I posted elsewhere, no mod or dev has ever stated that the Yoda event did not change. They addressed four specific things that had or had not changed. According to the post, Yoda was always level 90 with Omega, we just could not see it. Two specific things that had not changed.

He did the omega event
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    His speed was decreased? Yet he's able to overcome QGJ leader ability and attack before anyone else and multiple times attack twice in a row.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • I found this to sum up the Yoda event for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q
  • tRRRey wrote: »

It's obviously never been explicitly stated, or threads like this would have disappeared. One logical assumption is that the adjustments they made for protection would increase the total damage per hit, just as it has in other modes.

But whatever they changed with regards to damage, it doesn't negate the argument that no dev or mod has said that nothing was changed, which is the point I was making.

Argue the details all you want, the fact remains that the OP's thread title is untrue.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    He hit my toons several times yesterday for 19k.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    He has changed, and the proof is in the pudding. Last time around the levels were capped at 70 and he could be beaten.

Take those exact same teams today, and they cannot touch this yoda.
This discussion has been closed.