YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    trashcanus wrote: »
    Yes, this was when the lvl cap was at 70, and what it is now after the "nerf" people are complaining about. Strange to call a "nerf" what is just a revert back.

When they reduce his level from 90 to 80, that is a nerf. He had always been lvl90 on Tier 7, until today.

He hit for 3700 on his auto then and he is doing the EXACT same damage now! I have no idea what they nerfed.

Is he still critting for ~14,000 in the current (nerfed) state? This equates to a OHKO for most characters sans protection at this point if you are not L80/Gear IX.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So it seems everybody is holding tight to their opinions. I will be ending here together with my thoughts whether or not you want to hear them, otherwise my euphoria won't stop me from posting here.

Today was by far the most horrible experience i've ever had since i started playing the game. I will never go through this again, even it will be force choked on me. I retreated and waited for the rng to be on my side for a total of 12 hours...never happened. I spent my 1615 worth of crystals on a person i didn't even want to get to gear 9. Was it my fault for not farming Barriss? Maybe...but i farmed Eeth Koth and Mace Windu, even though i knew i would have a hard time, because i was reassured it can be done. I am 90% positive i couldn't have made it because i could see the tm adding even on Yoda's bodyguards from 35% to about 80% whenever it was Mace Windu's turn. Yoda himself was a maniac. Eeth koth was hitting 2k on his basic. Just a horrible experience all around...waiting for luck to come.

My Yoda will remain 6* and my guildmates will testify to this if they want to, until we start our first tier 7 raid. I do not need Yoda at more than 6* for Arena because he is an utility character. I don't need him to be 7* in gw either. But since i am f2p and i was counting on him to be another 7* in my roster, i got extremely dissapointed.

Anyways...now i am finished!

• Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    EA needs to give me 35,000 crystals!

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Please send 35,000 actual real life crystals to his house please.
    Or they can give me my 46 Purple Anility Mats back that I used on Eeth Koth along with the credits used to level up the abilities. Read back a couple of pages and can read my legit complaint.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39523/grand-master-yoda-event-changes?new=1

Grand Master Yoda will have the following changes made to him:
    Grand Master Yoda's Speed has been reduced on Tier VI
    Reduced Grand Master Yoda's Health on Tiers VI and VII
    Grand Master Yoda's Level has been reduced to 80 (down from 90) on Tier VII
    Reduced Grand Master Yoda's allies' damage output on Tiers VI and VII
    Reduced Grand Master Yoda's damage output on Tier VII
    Reduced Grand Master Yoda's allies' Health on Tier VII

These changes will be going live between 4 and 5pm Pacific time today.

It is right now 5:29 Pacific time and I have not received an update make Yoda easier to beat I would like some help if you can please.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't like to complain but this is something I need to register here.

After trying for 4 hours, spend 2k crystals to level up my Jedi team, battle with the grand master endless attempts; I came to the forums yesterday and got tips. Then I was able to beat him 4 attempts after that using the same team but doing it right.

Now I feel cheated. :-/ all that glory for the acomplishment was destroyed by this change making all the effort I had simply useless. It was one thing that I could to share with friends and now it is just me embraced for being silly spending all that time and money.

Thank you.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39523/grand-master-yoda-event-changes?new=1

It is right now 5:29 Pacific time and I have not received an update make Yoda easier to beat I would like some help if you can please.

You should just quit. The game I mean.
  • Options
    I'm ok with a bit of a nerf as being Omega 12 or whatever it was and being level 90 was a bit too much. Tier VI was crushing my VIII 7 star team. However, this is way to much of a nerf to where it is comically easy. If you were to take the difficulty of Yoda yesterday at tier VI and apply that to Tier VII, maybe even a bit more than that, I think that would be far more reasonable. It felt rewarding to get to the next tier, now it just feels super easy and a reward for getting 7* characters, even the worst ones, instead of good ones
  • Options
    lets just lay off the negativity and hate. I do believe that anyone who actually beat mega yoda needs to be recognized with an additional prize but as the post above said, EA made some total rookie moves here. I've said before and I will say again, it isn't about how hard it is, it's that the parameters of the challenge were changed for an identical reward without notifying players the change was coming so they could decide what to do. Basically everyone showed up to this event thinking that it would be challenging but they would have an outside chance with toons at level 70 and gear level 8. I think people had a reasonable chance, with a specific team, at level 75+ with maxed gear, at beating the challenge. This would have been fine, though likely would have still generated some complaints, if the rewards were improved and/or the change were communicated to the community. Did they go to far in the nerfing? Probably. But the player community wasn't out of line in its irritation.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    This is why game companies are hesitant to make changes. Leave it alone and people complain. Fix it and people complain.

If you're wondering why the Dev team isn't as responsive as you'd like. This thread.
  • Options
    I would like to be able to see the stats of Yoda for each tier so that we can actually see how unreasonably hard that they have made him.
  • Options
    While I agree it needed a nerf, they nerfed a bit to much maybe?
  • Options
    Pocitaces wrote: »

That is a matter of opinion but I think that the real challenge shouldn't be the countless hours that you spend trying to defeat Yoda but it should be the countless hours that you spend on obtaining the five 5,6, or 7 star Jedi.
  • Options
    So disappointing this was nerfed. I spent months and a lot of $ in preparation for the Yoda event and beat it yesterday before the nerf. It took half a day with beefy jeti and was so happy to complete the challenge. Come to find out today that winning the event yesterday now means nothing since now it's supposedly so much easier.

How about EA give the folks that beat the event pre-nerf some sort of reward because through value of a 7* Yoda now has been diluted?
  • Options
    So much for being happy for other members of the community. I got him the hard way. I don't want him to have a special shade. I don't want anything to signify that i got it the hard way. I just played until RNG went my way. Oooh what strategy involved! I'm happy other people that spent the time to farm the jedis got him. But then again I'm not an entitled **** that thinks only about myself.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

That is a matter of opinion but I think that the real challenge shouldn't be the countless hours that you spend trying to defeat Yoda but it should be the countless hours that you spend on obtaining the five 5,6, or 7 star Jedi.

That would defeat the purpose of the challenge. You might as well receive 7* Yoda in your inbox when you get your 5 Jedi to 7*.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options

Agreed
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    So do those of us who beat Yoda pre-nerf get a bonus?

Yeah. You get yoda.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Crybabydom & Entitlment
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

That would defeat the purpose of the challenge. You might as well receive 7* Yoda in your inbox when you get your 5 Jedi to 7*.

Idk about you but I play the game F2P and I have spent since the first yoda challenge to now to get luminara to 6 stars, qgj to 6 stars, obi-won to 6 stars, jc to 5 stars, and mace windu to 5 stars. If that's not a CHALLENGE I don't know what is.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ebi wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

Oooh you capitalized the word "many" to signify it was easy for you! You are so witty! Why don't you try being happy for others? Way to point out you really don't care about anyone else except yourself. Good luck with people taking any of your future posts seriously. I for one am happy other people can get a 7 hour yoda instead of just playing for an hour retreating until you get Eeth Koth and a non healer like I did. Whoa! What strategy!
  • Dro1dm0de
    136 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Lol that's just you moving the goal post to justify your handout that you think you're entitled to.

• BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    See now instead not retreating until I see easy Jedi companions, I'm going just fight whatever draw I get until I win.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ebi wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

Oooh you capitalized the word "many" to signify it was easy for you! You are so witty! Why don't you try being happy for others? Way to point out you really don't care about anyone else except yourself. Good luck with people taking any of your future posts seriously. I for one am happy other people can get a 7 hour yoda instead of just playing for an hour retreating until you get Eeth Koth and a non healer like I did. Whoa! What strategy!

Why should he or anyone else be happy for the entitled brats that got there way and had Yoda nerfed? Are you happy that EA held their hand across the finish line and personally gifted them 7* Yoda?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Bull butter it was fine. I tried it well over 100 times with bariss, ahsoka, jc, lumi, and various 5th members all level 77 gear 8 or 9 and never came close to killing two of the three opponents.
    Is it too easy now? Maybe, but the event was designed to force us to develop several jedi. Not to make us develop all the right jedi, try a thousand times, and then still have 5o just get lucky. This is way closer to how it should be.

Regardless of what it was they had a lot of dissatisfied customers. They made adjustments to accommodate those customers. That makes me feel a lot better about the game.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    After hours and hundreds of attempts yesterday, after the fix I beat 7 star Yoda on the second try, no losses. I didnt expect quite this much of a cakewalk. Maybe somewhere in between next time? At either rate, thank you for listening and fixing this so quickly.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Adding that the extra now wasted mats and gold I poured into useless toons makes me feel like crap. I spent hours finishing g level 90 yoda. I want those resources back, especially if I can now beat a neutered yoda. It was your fault for releasing an op event that we struggled to beat. Now we are penalized for being successful. Thanks CG.
  • Options
    I think level 80 yoda was fair since as of now thats the highest level u can achieve fighting a level 90 with abilities we cant access yet wasnt fair and it showed since the only way to beat him was with luck...i put the time in and played at least 300 times and still couldnt beat him i guess im not lucky which isnt news to me but obviously i wasnt the only one...on a unrelated topic has anyone faced grievous yet?
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    JSnow54 wrote: »

You should just quit. The game I mean.

Hahahaha +1
  • LaFlamaBlanca76
    79 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Remember how hard it was to fight anyone when they were just a level 25 and u were a level 15 or 20 i was a 75 goin against a 90 with abilities i cant have yet and it showed apparently the only way i could beat him was with luck and 10 hours of spare time excpet ofcourse the manakin skywalkers who beat him in 5 trys or less...
  • JenikaCY
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I can't believe the attitude of the people who got Yoda yesterday.

You didn't work harder than anyone else. Everyone who got to this stage put in just as much work as you did. Everyone has just as much skill as you do when it comes to this event. Everyone pulled the arm of that slot machine over and over again.

The ONLY difference between you and the people who got Yoda after the changes is that you got lucky. You basically won the lottery. You are not better players. You are not better people. You didn't have some grand strategy that worked because of your superior talents. You just had better luck.

...and now you're demanding reparations because you were lucky?

...and you want the people who weren't lucky yesterday to get branded by some sort of scarlet letter to show who was lucky and who wasn't?

Shame on you. You are the ones with the real undeserved sense of entitlement.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on