Did they NERF the Yoda Fight?

I just beat the 7* Yoda the first time today. Ally's were Mace and Barriss. I ended with all of my chars alive. Up to this point from the past event return the best I could do was barely get him into yellow with a last hit from my 1 remaining char. This actually seemed easy. I've even fought him with the same ally's. At least 20 fails previously.

My team was QGJ, Lumi, JC, Mace, and Ahsoka. All about lvl 70-72 and gear VIII.

Was this just dumb luck? I noticed that Yoda didn't crit anywhere near as much as he did, and was attacking for about 5k instead of 15k.

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Unfortunately yes they did
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Yes, read the megathread created by bentwookie
  • Argh! I just spent the 5 million I had saved up to level up my chars a little bit before trying. Still worth it though. Didn't see that other thread, just thought it was the mega thread from before. Thank you.
  • tRRRey wrote: »

You mad bro?
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »

You mad bro?

Yes he's someone who got yoda the first time around and is upset that people who haven't been playing as long as him have the opportunity to get the same reward for the same investment. I have no idea how you become a fully realized person who thinks this way, but here we are.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Yeap, they nerfed him pretty hard. Couldn't even take him to red with my team, now he is defeated on first do (as there is no try).
  • Yes, Yoda challenge is on easy mode now, got 7* Yoda in one try...
    Good for us...
  • hhooo wrote: »

You mad bro?

Yes he's someone who got yoda the first time around and is upset that people who haven't been playing as long as him have the opportunity to get the same reward for the same investment. I have no idea how you become a fully realized person who thinks this way, but here we are.

Unfortunately it isn't nearly the same investment. To train a weak Jedi like Mace or Eeth to a level that can complete the old yoda fight would cost millions more in credits and purple gear than if you were to prepare them for the new yoda fight.

If I knew the fight would be nerf'd, I would just get Mace to 7* and leave him at level 1, un-geared. I can then use the extra credits to do fully level another character like Rey.

It has nothing to do with whether other people get Yoda. It has everything to do with unnecessarily wasted resources.
  • JenikaCY
    16 posts Member
    Here's a tray of reparations brownies. Make sure to share them with your fellow oppressed.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    hhooo wrote: »

You mad bro?

LOL it's not even the same amount of resources invested. Obviously you're making baseless assumptions because I beat Yoda yesterday when he was an actual challenge at level 90 gear 12. I ended up spending an extra 1 million in credits and a furnace on Lumi so I could beat him. Of course I'm going to be upset that the devs listened to all the entitled whiny crybabies that were mad they couldn't auto the event after showing up with 5 7* Jedi.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This isn't an issue about being oppressed. The issue is one of trust... a trust in that the resources we invest are worthwhile, and EA is breaching that trust (not just for this Yoda event).

The Yoda event has been difficult for months now, and people knew that. The expectation is that if one wants to complete the Yoda event, one must train his/her characters to a certain degree. For that reason, time, credits, and gear, sometimes obtained via real world cash, was invested into 5 characters to prepare them for this event. As you know, resources like credits are very limited in this game. To allocate a few million credits to a character you are unlikely to use again is no small commitment. I for one decided to train a character using 1.5 million credits yesterday because I found the Yoda challenge difficult. If I knew Yoda would be nerfed, would I have done that? Of course not. Now imagine if I had purchased those credits using crystals... I would feel cheated by EA.

The same issue occurs when a chromium-only character is moved to free-to-play. For the record, I don't buy any chromiums... but I know individuals who have spent $800 to $1000 to get Leia to 7*. Can you really blame them for feeling cheated if Leia was moved into GW store the day after they spent $1000 to max her?
  • Yes, read the megathread created by bentwookie

or this one:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39592/community-update-5-13-2016#latest

FashionFett
  • Yep, he mad.
  • Yep, he mad.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't be if you had done the same?
  • I did it when it was hard. :)
  • I still can't beat him, he doesn't seem to be debuffed. He still keep copying Lumi's heals. And since I don't have Qui-Gon at 5-star (he's 2-star, since I focused on Ahsoka), I cannot get rid of those buffs he gets from Lumi's heal over time or even worse, when he takes down Old Ben and then copy all of those massive buffs to himself.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Old Ben is a huge liability against Yoda
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    hhooo wrote: »

You mad bro?

LOL it's not even the same amount of resources invested. Obviously you're making baseless assumptions because I beat Yoda yesterday when he was an actual challenge at level 90 gear 12. I ended up spending an extra 1 million in credits and a furnace on Lumi so I could beat him. Of course I'm going to be upset that the devs listened to all the entitled whiny crybabies that were mad they couldn't auto the event after showing up with 5 7* Jedi.

you "elite" players that aquired yoda yesterday seem to think that you were the only ones who dumped resources into leveling jedi. I dumped millions into them friday as well. ability mats, credits, shards. the only difference between you and I is the fact that my barris is sitting at 84/100 shards. thats it. if i spent $100 to get the remaining shards for her, i would have aquired yoda too. but i didnt. i spent millions more the next day trying to beat him before the nerf. Now had I dropped the $ to get barris to 7* does that give me the right to be angry about the resources i dropped pre-nerf? to talk down to all the peasants that didnt get him?
  • I am fine with it being a challenge, I just want it to be a challenge where you can use any 5 Jedi characters, not one where you're forced to build up yet another Jedi. Especially when you're not really using Jedi except for Lumi in light side battles and GW.