How is this possible?

Prev1
Timitock
2844 posts Member
I am level 78 with a deep bench. After 3 days on a tier 4 raid, I was up to 3 mil damage, and had carried us to phase 3 1/2. A new guild recruit, level 45, just posted 5 million damage in phases 3 1/2 - 4.

I had previously doubled the damage of my nearest level 70+ guildies.
Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Report him. They have been banning hackers left and right lately.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

I have no actual evidence... and he is a guildie...

Was hoping someone could provide a logical alternative explanation.
  • I read another thread yesterday about similar story. Really weird. I dont understand how they do. Are they bots?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    What is the Dev's name I need to message?

• quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Timitock wrote: »

Guildie or not, if he's lvl 45, he's not doing 5M damage. Got to be a hack. Check out his inventory.

Can you even do 5M damage on the last two phases of Tier IV? I'm in a small, mostly low-level guild, and when we did Tier IV, there were only four or five of us over 1M, and I got #1 with just a bit over 4M.
  • Maybe there is simply a secret trick to make insane damage to rancor ?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    We went from phase 3 at 65% to phase 4 at like 20%
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    I suppose with TM manipulation one can hit Rancor for a long time. But L45 won't have the potency for it.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Timitock wrote: »
    What is the Dev's name I need to message?

@CG_LucifersDaddy
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    If he is using ewoks it is possible.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    My instinct agrees it is a hack, thus the post, but I dont like to accuse unfairly...

Am I missing a huge strategy somewhere?
  • Timitock wrote: »
    My instinct agrees it is a hack, thus the post, but I dont like to accuse unfairly...

No way a level 45 could do that. Check his inventory, how many 4* characters does he have and how geared out are they?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

Ewoks. I don't see a level 45 sitting there hacking the game you get to level 45 in a week or 2? He does not need these rewards it's either a super bug or he's playing legit.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »

Only his Teebo and Scout can participate.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

I would suggest not reporting this as a hack he has no reason to do so. I would report it in the bug section.
  • Baldo wrote: »

Ewoks. I don't see a level 45 sitting there hacking the game you get to level 45 in a week or 2? He does not need these rewards it's either a super bug or he's playing legit.

I don't think ewoks could do that at level 45 could they? I've only done tiers V and VI so I wouldn't know what level the rancor is in tier IV but it seems like you would need to be a higher level to do any damage. Level 45 wouldn't even be gear VII yet and can't have upgraded abilities...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

I don't think ewoks could do that at level 45 could they? I've only done tiers V and VI so I wouldn't know what level the rancor is in tier IV but it seems like you would need to be a higher level to do any damage. Level 45 wouldn't even be gear VII yet and can't have upgraded abilities...

I have no idea it is just the best strategy I have seen yet.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Reporting potential cheaters
    If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating, your ally code and the name of the suspected cheater.
  • Sounds like a modder. No way you can do that much damage at level 45. I don't think ewoks can do that much damage to the rancor they are more effective vs the captain
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

I would suggest not reporting this as a hack he has no reason to do so. I would report it in the bug section.

Um, say what now?
    No reason to hack high damage numbers in raids?
    I have even less evidence of a bug.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    If I do not report him, can me or my guild be punished?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    You should report. The dev will look at the data and determine what happened. It's certainly suspicious enough to warrant investigation.
    If the dev finds nothing wrong, then nothing will happen.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

Um, say what now?
    No reason to hack high damage numbers in raids?
    I have even less evidence of a bug.

If a guy is level 45 who knows if he will even be playing in the three months it will take him to get to the level to even use those gear items. Like I said NO reason at all to hack the damage rewards.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Lianara wrote: »
    I suppose with TM manipulation one can hit Rancor for a long time. But L45 won't have the potency for it.

That doesn't seem to be the case with the rancor. I tried that and he still goes after everyone in my team even when his TM bar isn't full.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    He can use purple gear in way less than 3 months.

Your defensive stance on this is suspicious.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Just raise a flag and alert the dev. You're not accusing you're just reporting it as suspicious. If the dev tells you it's legit than ask how he does it and tell us!!

• M31Andro
    253 posts Member

Look in the bugs section. There is something weird going on with raid scoring where some people show screenshots of their scores but getting zero points while others are getting millions. Seems like a glitch rather than a hack
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    M31Andro wrote: »

Look in the bugs section. There is something weird going on with raid scoring where some people show screenshots of their scores but getting zero points while others are getting millions. Seems like a glitch rather than a hack

Exactly
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    He can use purple gear in way less than 3 months.

Your defensive stance on this is suspicious.

Your thinking that it is a hack by a guy with a roster of probably 10 guys that are at 5* max is suspicious. I read your arrogant comment in the other post it seems like they can compete without you as long as they have this guy.
    Post edited by Baldo on
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Yes, it would be great for the guild if this was legit.
    Maybe more people could do it and we could complete higher tiers. It does not sound like a hack to me, it sounds like an exploit, especially if there are closed threads and a defensive Baldo.

I dont support exploits, and neither do the guild officers, no matter how much it might pay. Our honor has no price.
This discussion has been closed.