392 posts Member
edited May 2016
Just hit 80 today and was able to roll out my new team to arena:

Rex (L) - [G10]
Fives - [G9]
Kit Fisto - [G9]
Aayla - [G10]
Leia - [G9]

over 37k power and fun to play. the potency up from Kit allows Aayla's stun and "Fives" speed down to hit more frequently and the counter/assist ratio has been very nice (probably some lucky RNG).

NOT having to hide behind a tank (that taunts) is so nice. It is very liberating from the current meta.

post your NEW 80 TEAMS or even a fun team you would like to roll out in arena.

https://imgur.com/L4CVtFk

Replies

• LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    This team is TOUGH. AI can even handle this thing on defense. 4/5 are chromium. If they let teams like this gain traction. F2p are going to be angry.

Stun lock is the only hope versus this. Or running simply the same squad.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Or running far, far away.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Congrats... Not lvl 80 yet for my part
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    This team is TOUGH. AI can even handle this thing on defense. 4/5 are chromium. If they let teams like this gain traction. F2p are going to be angry.

Stun lock is the only hope versus this. Or running simply the same squad.

I'm still getting beat by the dual tank/glass cannon teams. (QGJ, Rey, Lei, STHan, RG) and almost 4k power lower than me... definitely one thing i don't understand about the game. oh well, at least i get to have fun on the attack and is a for sure victory. (not even bad RNG has cost me a win)
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Congrats... Not lvl 80 yet for my part

thank you. :)
    was a very long journey. my omega days lie ahead.
  • The Ima version of this team is more volatile, and more susceptible to stuns, but pretty fun. I'd argue if you're going with Rex, you might want to consider switching Kit for something.

Problem comes with the fact that most teams will just kill Rex until your Leia destealths (and the AI lets her) and then unloads. After that, stunlocks into Aayla and Kit.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    The Ima version of this team is more volatile, and more susceptible to stuns, but pretty fun. I'd argue if you're going with Rex, you might want to consider switching Kit for something.

Problem comes with the fact that most teams will just kill Rex until your Leia destealths (and the AI lets her) and then unloads. After that, stunlocks into Aayla and Kit.

yea, normally RG would go into that slot. My RG is only G8 but to be honest I am trying to steer clear from the meta. just want to do things different to see more power levels of toons.

been farming Gun-Di in cantina.. can't wait till he is 7* and i can give him a try. might go all Jedi and insert mace/yoda for the clones. :)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea i fight that team everyday when trying to get no1! It's probably the hardest team i faced so far. I beat gear 10 Rey/gear 9 RG combo fairly easily but that is the most troublesome team i have found so far. With Ima Gun Di leader like someone said, it might be even worse. I've fought both versions.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    The Ima version of this team is more volatile, and more susceptible to stuns, but pretty fun. I'd argue if you're going with Rex, you might want to consider switching Kit for something.

By the time you get Leia and Rex, Aayla, Fives and Fisto have decimated at least 3 of your opponents. Aayla counters for 7k and crits for 10k on her special. She is an absolute beast in this team, much like Fisto who double attacks frequently. I'll leave out Fives because everyone knows what he is capable of.
  • kbonifay wrote: »

yea, normally RG would go into that slot. My RG is only G8 but to be honest I am trying to steer clear from the meta. just want to do things different to see more power levels of toons.

been farming Gun-Di in cantina.. can't wait till he is 7* and i can give him a try. might go all Jedi and insert mace/yoda for the clones. :)

Rex, Leia and Fives are pretty meta right now. ;)

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    kbonifay wrote: »

the percentages are quite lower than RG, Dooku, Ben, and Rey. Im also referring to my shard which is super copy-cat/cookie cutter right now. makes the game boring, but thats where i get to just put teams like this together and have fun.

also, make sure to filter Rank 1-10 to allow for more information, especially since throughout the day we are prone to move through those ranks. then you can see my team is on the low end of the meta.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

the percentages are quite lower than RG, Dooku, Ben, and Rey. Im also referring to my shard which is super copy-cat/cookie cutter right now. makes the game boring, but thats where i get to just put teams like this together and have fun.

also, make sure to filter Rank 1-10 to allow for more information, especially since throughout the day we are prone to move through those ranks. then you can see my team is on the low end of the meta.

It's on the low end of the meta because there are way more f2p than p2p. That's the only reason. This team represents the actual current meta. Are there more like it? Maybe...but generally speaking tank teams are the meta. And yours is one who shines.
  • Alexone wrote: »

By the time you get Leia and Rex, Aayla, Fives and Fisto have decimated at least 3 of your opponents. Aayla counters for 7k and crits for 10k on her special. She is an absolute beast in this team, much like Fisto who double attacks frequently. I'll leave out Fives because everyone knows what he is capable of.
    I run a full g10 7 star version of the Ima team. I'm well aware what it is capable of. Aayla normally hits for 3.5k counters for 4-4.5k. And usually spends 90% of the fight stunlocks by an RG since the AI loves targeting her.

I have yet to try out the Rex version (I'm curious about the Ima leadership and the awkward "physical damage up" notifications), but I assume that the damage output is similar (the tm equalling the reduced counters). The biggest benefit is the tenacity and tm gain from squad disc, but I've actually come to like the def up from Ima (and the very consistent counter rate).

When Aayla calls an O up Leia, the world burns. But I've also seen this team stunlocked due to RG and QGJ assists (calling RG) or the rare Dooku lead actually targeting a jedi with his lightning. I assume that for the Rex team, on D, the only tough part might be an omega squad disc to ensure there turns of Aayla, Kit, fives not being stunned. However, the prevalence of QGJ makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a liability in the long run. Also, not guaranteed counters can make rng seem kinda sad.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

I run a full g10 7 star version of the Ima team. I'm well aware what it is capable of. Aayla normally hits for 3.5k counters for 4-4.5k. And usually spends 90% of the fight stunlocks by an RG since the AI loves targeting her.

I have yet to try out the Rex version (I'm curious about the Ima leadership and the awkward "physical damage up" notifications), but I assume that the damage output is similar (the tm equalling the reduced counters). The biggest benefit is the tenacity and tm gain from squad disc, but I've actually come to like the def up from Ima (and the very consistent counter rate).

When Aayla calls an O up Leia, the world burns. But I've also seen this team stunlocked due to RG and QGJ assists (calling RG) or the rare Dooku lead actually targeting a jedi with his lightning. I assume that for the Rex team, on D, the only tough part might be an omega squad disc to ensure there turns of Aayla, Kit, fives not being stunned. However, the prevalence of QGJ makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a liability in the long run. Also, not guaranteed counters can make rng seem kinda sad.

defense is the only issue for me.. and that is basically due to the unknown.. i have no idea how my AI reacts during a battle. I'm not having any major issues with select teams..

the stun-lock teams aren't that big of an issue.. Rex's ability to dispel helps a ton and really speeds up the clones that work well together. Kit is really the odd man out but does help the stuns from Aayla land and the speeds down for an "omega" Fives.

only issue is the RG, STHan, Rey, Lei teams.. having to fend off two tanks (one that gives tm to his glass cannons) can be tiring but i haven't lost to them yet today. I'm sure my RNG clock is running out. lol

I can see the benefit of the Gun-Di counter and defense.. but that TM and dispel are important with so many RG, Daka, and Dookus still running around. Hopefully the meta tires of these non-interactive battles and moves into the direction i am going.

sidetone: for the gun-di team i think i would position all Jedis:
    Ima Gun-Di, Aayla, Kit, Mace, QGJ
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    apparently i am not scary enough to the people in my shard. :)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/bonifay/
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Humblebrag much? You pretty much need to spend a few grand to be able to escape the meta. And unless there are a few whales around you on your server you won't really be able to prove that you've escaped anything. You won't be fighting a bunch of GX, 80 meta teams. You'll be beating up on G8/G9 meta teams.

Unfortunately 99.99% of the community reading this will not be able to escape to your world. :)
  • BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Here is mine, don't even need to use my RG :smile:

QEtuss6.jpg
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member

QEtuss6.jpg

all the crits and damage.. and highly respected due to no RG/STHan/Daka

kudos brother
  • BnBTobacconist
    665 posts Member
    edited May 2016

QEtuss6.jpg

all the crits and damage.. and highly respected due to no RG/STHan/Daka

kudos brother

Thanks!
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited May 2016

didnt mean to humble brag.. should have been a :( face instead of a smile :)

im rather frustrated at my shard and the fact that 9 of 10 top teams all contain the same makeup and toons.. nobody wants to be different on my shard.. where i have been steady and smart with my farming and gearing of toons. Yes, i have invested in this game since Nov. but not the thousands as you imply. had a ton of luck with chromium before i realized that was the wrong investment to make.

i just wanna be different mannnn... different LOL :)
  • kbonifay wrote: »

im rather frustrated at my shard and the fact that 9 of 10 top teams all contain the same makeup and toons.. nobody wants to be different on my shard.. where i have been steady and smart with my farming and gearing of toons. Yes, i have invested in this game since Nov. but not the thousands as you imply. had a ton of luck with chromium before i realized that was the wrong investment to make.

yeah my server actually has a lot of diversity in the top 20 which is good. A lot of different ways top be top 5
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member

yeah my server actually has a lot of diversity in the top 20 which is good. A lot of different ways top be top 5

literally my top 10 is... STHan, RG, Daka, Leia, Rey

so boring to fight through all the stun locks.. and most are lvl 80 G9/G10. havent lost (on offense) since i put this team in arena but would rather see other people do the same and mix it up.. there are over 60 toons that can be used yet my shard corners that to about 5-7 toons.. i just hate it for all the people peeking in to the top 10 and trying to gather info... i would rather them see diversity to fit their play style (f2p, p2p etc)
  • Here is my servers top teams including mine. We battle it out daily and it's pretty diverse.
    7IsVXNo.jpg
    nhlhYmP.jpg
    sFV1ixn.jpg
    lbektSC.jpg
    QEBOAUL.jpg

• kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    no dakas... can i please transfer to your shard.. lol :) very diverse though.
  • There is an occasional Daka team, but they are too inconsistent to stay in the top 10
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    she is easy to handle but coupled with the toons i mentioned makes getting through those battles a slug fest..
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    lvl 79 now, but my plan for my lvl 80 team is similar to yours (ish)

Ima (will omega his leader after 3 days)
    Aayla
    Kit-fisto
    Obi
    Leia

I can gear X everyone instantly when I hit lvl 80, dont know who I can get to XI if any, will see when i gear them later this week.

So so much synergy here, fisto potency which helps everyone massively except for ima, Leia crit up to help Aayla stun, Ima to help Aayla stun even more as well as call assists + just counter for everyone.

Already have Leia and Aaylas basics omega upgraded, and leias stealth. Wish I did not omega QGJ since he is still stuck at gear 8 because of the raid gear >.> and I don't plan to use him in arena anyway.

It will likely still get wrecked from Dooku, Daka, RG teams though, the fact that stun potency does not deteriorate from simultaneous stuns is infuriating. Reluctantly swap obi for yoda against those teams, although that only protects you for a couple turns before you are stun locked.

Hopefully even my stun locked jedi will buy leia time to do work since all the jedi have so so much hp and protection especially since i can get them to gear X immediately.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Akster wrote: »
    lvl 79 now, but my plan for my lvl 80 team is similar to yours (ish)

Ima (will omega his leader after 3 days)
    Aayla
    Kit-fisto
    Obi
    Leia

I can gear X everyone instantly when I hit lvl 80, dont know who I can get to XI if any, will see when i gear them later this week.

So so much synergy here, fisto potency which helps everyone massively except for ima, Leia crit up to help Aayla stun, Ima to help Aayla stun even more as well as call assists + just counter for everyone.

Already have Leia and Aaylas basics omega upgraded, and leias stealth. Wish I did not omega QGJ since he is still stuck at gear 8 because of the raid gear >.> and I don't plan to use him in arena anyway.

It will likely still get wrecked from Dooku, Daka, RG teams though, the fact that stun potency does not deteriorate from simultaneous stuns is infuriating. Reluctantly swap obi for yoda against those teams, although that only protects you for a couple turns before you are stun locked.

Hopefully even my stun locked jedi will buy leia time to do work since all the jedi have so so much hp and protection especially since i can get them to gear X immediately.

well thought out. i like your perspective with Ben. There are a ton of dakas on my shard, so that the only reason he is there.

please keep me posted on the thread of some screenshots of the team and some more insight. thanks for the post

+1