Remember, back in the good old days, when everyone was using Barriss as their PvP leader?

Prev1
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited January 2016
This was used as justification for her nerfing. Now? Zero of the top 30 on my shard use Barriss as leader. (And nobody really runs Barriss if she's not the leader.)
I said then and maintain still that her nerfing was excessive. The fact that she has gone from often-used to almost-never-used would seem to support that. At the time it was clear she was not going to be worth her slot any more, and that's what happened. She went from really good but not OP, to relegated solely to light side and GW duty.
Meanwhile, 19 of those top 30 leaders on my shard are either Luminara or Sidious.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• i see one bariss in my top 50. mostly lumi, sid, with some phasmas coming up. the big spenders have qgj.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Several Barris in my top 10. New server, and she is really interesting with 4*. Probable will get out of rosters for the easy to farm luminara
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @Qeltar

We've discussed this before. I'm in full agreement. Immediately following her nerf I said she was near useless, and I maintain that stance. She doesn't even rate my GW roster and I run completely f2p toons.

The problem with many of these changes is they're pushed out to live servers from their internal developmental ones with no additional testing. This is the reason MMOs have test servers. The intended theoretical result based on a series of changes is often quite different once it hits live servers, which are extremely dynamic.

Devs also have the tendency to drop the nerf hammer really hard and go overboard. I'm not sure why this is, but I've seen it more times than I can possibly count in 15 years of gaming.

When you combine these two things together you go from a once strong toon/mechanic/etc to a near irrelevant one.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • I bet she quietly gets buffed in the upcoming updates. Possibly right back to her original stats.
  • CG has even said it was a mistake. Read happy news years thread in this section.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    There's a few people in my top 50 that run B as leader. And I happily target them every day for my climb back up. :*
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • She was unjustly nerfed to unusable status at 4*s. And almost no one has her above that.

Also, the meta shifted drastically. 3 Healer tanky teams aren't viable now.

The meta is single target phasma and aoe offense up atm. The damage these teams can put out makes even heavy healer squads melt. :blush:
  • Breetai wrote: »
    CG has even said it was a mistake. Read happy news years thread in this section.

They mean that they made a mistake in nerfing her just after selling her. That made a lot of people really angry.
  • I think people just finally realized that Luminara was always better. Plain and simple. Barris couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag.
  • The meta has also shifted to more aggressive builds. I still see Barriss in a few defensive teams trying to turtle but they aren't hard to take down.

Her nerf was excessive but she is still good for her healing niche (avoiding immunity) I do wish they would base the heal off of her health again though like her leadership skill. That, or massively add some offense to her. It's really sad that my 4* 6 geared mace hits harder and he is like level 49.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Only team worth having bariss on would be poe/Han since she could actually keep them alive. If you can keep Han alive for 3 turns you've pretty much won any pvp match.
  • Or she's hard to farm. She will come back around when people 7* her.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »
    Or she's hard to farm. She will come back around when people 7* her.

Lol
  • Telaan wrote: »

Lol

Cool story bro
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I bet she quietly gets buffed in the upcoming updates. Possibly right back to her original stats.

Take a look at her max level stats at 70. She has like 20k health
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I bet she quietly gets buffed in the upcoming updates. Possibly right back to her original stats.

Take a look at her max level stats at 70. She has like 20k health

Meaning that once you bait out her heal, its a 4 v 5 match cause her damage is a joke. Only thing she's good for is healing through immunity
  • Nik_ra
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »

Lol

She's a tough farm at the 5th dark side hard levels with only 2 nodes I know about. Soon enough though more players with get her to 7* and she will have her place again.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Nik_ra wrote: »

Lol

She's a tough farm at the 5th dark side hard levels with only 2 nodes I know about. Soon enough though more players with get her to 7* and she will have her place again.

No she won't. She'll be the same as she is now. Her actual heal will still be terrible, her damage will still be laughable, and equalization will remain the same. Getting her to 7* will not change anything. Once she blows her heal it will still be 4v5.

Pay no attention to pay2win he simply trolls the forums.
  • If they ever revert her back to her original form she'll be a threat at 70 for sure, especially in stall teams.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    If they ever revert her back to her original form she'll be a threat at 70 for sure, especially in stall teams.

Even if they made it so that the heal was x% of her health, that would be an improvement.
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    If they ever revert her back to her original form she'll be a threat at 70 for sure, especially in stall teams.

That won't change anything. As soon as Barris heals, she is worthless for another 5 turns.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Her heal is so bad. I was running Gw with her as lead and thru out the matches I noticed that her heal and hp equalizatiom actually dropped one of my higher health character's hp down. What's up with that.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    Her heal is so bad. I was running Gw with her as lead and thru out the matches I noticed that her heal and hp equalizatiom actually dropped one of my higher health character's hp down. What's up with that.

Yup, that's a side effect of the equalization. Sometimes it equalizes a toons health up at the cost of equalizing anothers down.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Barriss is the leader of the #1 and #10 teams on my server. I have faced her many times, never as a leader, in my 50-100 bracket. Guess what, she still dumps on Sidious who is on 98% of teams and still has the best heal in the game and is still the tankiest hero in the game. I loathe seeing her as much as I did seeing Kylo in the hands of players in the 40 levels.

I am sorry you thought "now if I just spend $50 I can ride this biss to the promised land" and found out you are less skilled than the leaders on my server. The F2P guys are playing the world's smallest violin I can assure you.
  • She's the leader of numbers 2, 4, and 8 on my server (a week or two past level 60)

I stil find a few of the f2p builds annoying. I don't see teams with the crazy spenders besides one guy with a 7* old Ben. (Still an easy match)
  • The nerf came out about 20-21 december.. At The time majority of players wasn't maxed at 60lev and had few heroes with more than 4/5 stars.. Today is very different..Now Each player has at least 2 or 3 heroes with 6/7* and the others at 5*, Barris has the problem of farmability, she can't get her 5 star (or she need a lot of time), then Dps has become more and more important in pvp..
    So there are 3 reasons we don't see her anymore, not only the nerf:
    1- "Farmability issue"
    2- Meta changed with time and update (increased dps )
    3- Her nerf (but this was absolutely necessary)
  • Most soft launch players have her at 7* or close to. She's not used.
  • Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    She's the leader of numbers 2, 4, and 8 on my server (a week or two past level 60)

I stil find a few of the f2p builds annoying. I don't see teams with the crazy spenders besides one guy with a 7* old Ben. (Still an easy match)

lol We are on the same server, whats your time zone bud? The old Ben guy you are mentioning is Warhammer right? ( Not full name, for his privacy ) Im so jealous of his Aayla and Kit Fisto :P His Ben is only 5* , but he has a 6* QGJ which he never uses, kinda weird
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Nik_ra wrote: »

Lol

No she won't. She'll be the same as she is now. Her actual heal will still be terrible, her damage will still be laughable, and equalization will remain the same. Getting her to 7* will not change anything. Once she blows her heal it will still be 4v5.

Pay no attention to pay2win he simply trolls the forums.

I face a 7* Barriss almost everyday. She's a beast if used correctly.

Just because you lack creativity doesn't mean others are trolling.
  • She was definitely OP, glad she was nerfed. I cant believe you're still crying about this, I mean seriously, I found you less annoying on these forums recently, but you have to be hands down the biggest cry baby on this forum of all time. Get over it.