Omega mats event returns?

VOIDIAT
30 posts Member
Some one knows if this events returns soon?

Replies

• Options
    It will not return. It existed for those at level 70 before level cap increase. The only way now to get gold ability mats Is to get to level 80, then every day you complete your dailies, you get one gold mat
  • Options
    Whoa really?

That being said, I wouldn't mind them bringing back the event but with different awards. It was terribly challenging, but it was fun to be forced to use different combos.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    This is super unfortunate for everyone who didn't benefit from the event because they were too low level at the time. I am surrounded by players way lower than level 80 with four plus toons with game-changing omega'd abilities. But here I sit at level 72, weeks away from eighty, at a very large disadvantage in the arena & GW, and in competing for raid rewards.

To level the playing field, I suggest that everyone at level 72 (when you can max non-omega abilities) be given automatic access to the hard level omega event, with enough time & refreshes to equal the # of omegas given out previously.

It is unfair expect the rest of us to slog through ten more levels with no access to omegas, meanwhile competing with those who arbitrarily were able to earn 15-20 at level 70+.

I would really like to see an EA/CG response to this issue and question, which has been raised so many times and been ignored.
  • Options
    Challenging, really? It was ultra easy. It came out at the same time as the ridiculous challenges that no one could beat, but it itself was easy even for relatively low-level characters.
  • Options
    marydare wrote: »
    This is super unfortunate for everyone who didn't benefit from the event because they were too low level at the time. I am surrounded by players way lower than level 80 with four plus toons with game-changing omega'd abilities. But here I sit at level 72, weeks away from eighty, at a very large disadvantage in the arena & GW, and in competing for raid rewards.

To level the playing field, I suggest that everyone at level 72 (when you can max non-omega abilities) be given automatic access to the hard level omega event, with enough time & refreshes to equal the # of omegas given out previously.

It is unfair expect the rest of us to slog through ten more levels with no access to omegas, meanwhile competing with those who arbitrarily were able to earn 15-20 at level 70+.

I would really like to see an EA/CG response to this issue and question, which has been raised so many times and been ignored.

This game has never been about fairness or equality. .it's about what can bring the most $$$ to CG/EA. They don't care weather you are disadvantaged. .just look at the pre-crafting issue. .that's worse in terms of fairness. .and yet weeks if complete silence and sweeping the issue under the rug..if I were you I wouldn't hold my breadth for a reply.

That said...all the best round you.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen no evidence that the omega event was a once-only.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Another vote for the "I win" button again...

It's not "unfair". That word is so overused, particularly on forums like this one, that it's basically lost all meaning other than signalling that its user thinks they're entitled to something they most likely aren't. Start playing sooner, and you would have gotten the same chance as everyone else.

I guess we should let you do the Droid Event, too, if you missed that, or the Ewok event, if you use Android. Or vice versa if you use an iPhone. Come to think of it, that should probably work both ways. We should probably artificially lower the Arena difficulty for people who've been playing longer, since the people the people they're playing against on the older servers would be higher level. That's fair, right?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options

Omegas are, well, omega. As in, symbolic for the last. The event was a way to reward the people who sat at the level cap for extended periods of time. The event was not so that Johnny come-latelys, such as yourself could catch up.

You aren't supposed to be on a 'level play field' with people who have been around much much longer and are at much higher levels. Many would have had enough xp to be at lvl 80 in days if not for the lvl cap.

this undeserved sense of entitlement is what ruins these forums.
    It isn't good for you so something must be done, but had you been the one to benefit, then you would have no issue
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    You aren't supposed to be on a 'level play field' with people who have been around much much longer and are at much higher levels. Many would have had enough xp to be at lvl 80 in days if not for the lvl cap.

It isn't good for you so something must be done, but had you been the one to benefit, then you would have no issue

Wow, there is a sense of entitlement here all right. I'm happy you feel appreciated by the exclusive nature of a one-off event like this, but I find it confusing when established players show animosity toward newer folks, aka "Johnny come latelies".

I would, in fact, have an issue if I was the one to benefit and I saw that a large section of the player population arbitrarily did not simply because of the timing of a level cap raise.

I've witnessed the phenomenon in other games and have never been inclined to deny others advantages that I received simply because I'd been there longer. And when newer folks got an advantage I hadn't, I was happy for them. (Though I was also happy to share how much harder X had been "in my day." :))
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I turned level 70 during the event.
    4/5 level 76 atm. My fives will have to wait until I'm level 80 :(
  • Data
    12 posts Member
    Options
    What some might consider unfair is the fact that the most determined players hit level 70 and then had to sit around and watch as people like me slowly worked our way up to them. The Omega event may very well have been a payback for that, though I doubt it. More likely just a way to wring more out of the players.
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    I turned level 70 during the event.
    4/5 level 76 atm. My fives will have to wait until I'm level 80 :(

Ouch! See, for you it was even more arbitrary. But after the first day's activities at level 80, boom! Big, bad omega Fives for you. He is the bane of my GW, and the main reason I was compelled to complain here.

If they ran these events monthly, problem solved. Everybody wins.
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »

Wow, there is a sense of entitlement here all right. I'm happy you feel appreciated by the exclusive nature of a one-off event like this, but I find it confusing when established players show animosity toward newer folks, aka "Johnny come latelies".

I would, in fact, have an issue if I was the one to benefit and I saw that a large section of the player population arbitrarily did not simply because of the timing of a level cap raise.

I've witnessed the phenomenon in other games and have never been inclined to deny others advantages that I received simply because I'd been there longer. And when newer folks got an advantage I hadn't, I was happy for them. (Though I was also happy to share how much harder X had been "in my day." :))

I believe the point here was that you are upset that a player that progressed got an advantage because they were there already. You seem to feel entitled to it because others got it and you didn't this isn't an unfair advantage this is common in al games, higher levels are always at an advantage it's just the way these games work.

That being said keep progressing if you get to 80 before the increase in sure there will be something to give you the same advantage as the folks already at 80 when the time comes
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    @Cerealkiller0281 - Are you on my Arena server or is that another Cereal Killer?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah that was funny. They had it out for like a week then, it was gone and gone and gone and gone. It will be back ager Yoda is gone then gone then gone then gone.

Maybe.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • marydare
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I believe the point here was that you are upset that a player that progressed got an advantage because they were there already. You seem to feel entitled to it because others got it and you didn't this isn't an unfair advantage this is common in al games, higher levels are always at an advantage it's just the way these games work.

That being said keep progressing if you get to 80 before the increase in sure there will be something to give you the same advantage as the folks already at 80 when the time comes

I do get the point, and I understand where that POV is coming from (I've been there in other games), I just don't agree with it. I would rather have all players have access to the same advantages as much as possible. If the omega event happened monthly, those established players would still have their advantage and get to omega even more toons before new kids would. But new kids could also have a fighting chance in GW & arena & etc in the awkward weeks btw/ 72-80.

With all due respect to my elders, I don't have to support the idea that a small percentage of players deserve a gameplay-altering advantage based on time served (or lucky timing.) I was lucky enough to participate in the ewok event, and of course I hope people get a shot at it again. Why anyone wouldn't is beyond me.

Anyway, this is kind of a derail. Philosophies of gameplay kyriarchy aside, I was just hoping EA/CG would comment on whether this event was indeed a one-off or if they have plans for more. Any chance of an official word on that?
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Options
    Omega is loot store for 1k crystals please.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If you are a level you can equip them, you will be able to earn them before any Event was released, anyways...
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Cerealkiller0281 - Are you on my Arena server or is that another Cereal Killer?

Honestly I wouldn't know lol I usually sit in the 300-500 range due to lazy lol
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh wait yeh, we can get them at lvl80!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Honestly I wouldn't know lol I usually sit in the 300-500 range due to lazy lol

Ah.....no worries....different person then :)
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Meh. Not huge to have to wait until 80. Let's talk about the pre crafters and how unfair that is versus omega mats only at lvl 80.
  • JoJo
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Pre crafters had sat at lvl 70 for a long time, and had collected mats (what else was there to do), waiting for the lvl increase. No one knew that the gear requirements would change until the night before the update. Advantage to those players who had reached to top of the game and still played. Many had began building teams to use in GW, only to find that the gear they used cost them many pre crafts. With very little notice, most were unable to farm the mats needed before the update. I was lucky and made two pieces for lvl 72 QGJ. He was my main character and I wanted to be able to equip him when he reached that lvl. I did not have enough time to farm any fusion cores but I sure wish I had saved the mats for that. I hold no grudge toward those who had acquired all the pieces for their characters; lucky them.