GW at level 80

Prev13456
DarthPaiMei
227 posts Member
edited May 2016
Just curious to know if other players having reached level 80 are getting incredibly difficult runs in GW since they reached that level.
I use to pretty much breeze through GW, needing to burn an occasional suicide squad or two in tougher runs but since I reached 80 it's been incredibly difficult.
I start getting squads around level 78, all gear 8-9 around node 6 and it gets tougher with every nodes. The last 4, 5 I'm always getting heavy stuff like Rey, QGJ and other gear 10, usually two or three toons geared up at 10 per squad, throw in the mix RG gear 9, Ol Ben gear 9 with his ton of health and outrageous dodge rate, and other nightmare toons you hate to see when your roster is getting exhausted.
I have a pretty deep roster 23 7* all pretty well geared up but the last 4 days, I barely squeaked through with only the skin of my teeth left, all toons dead except last standing. And that ONLY because I retreated a ton of times until I got the only possible RNG combinations that would allow me to pass... It's taking me well over an hour, really excrutiating...
I like a challenge but ... life is too short for this...
@Baldo I had your squad at node 10 yesterday, total nightmare, I needed to beat it without damaging my a team too much cause I knew two more awful tough fights were left after you. Was the worst, I finally did it after trying every possible ways to get the right RNG but just painful...
So is this happening to all level 80 or I'm just on a really bad streak?
Post edited by DarthPaiMei on

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    LOL my arena team is crazy I feel so bad for you :). @DarthPaiMei
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I accept this to be the perfect 2500th post. :)
  • Options
    I'm seeing similar issues in guild chat I haven't maxed my toom levels for this reason
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    LOL my arena team is crazy I feel so bad for you :). @DarthPaiMei

Yeah, was a complete nightmare, if I get your squad I want it at node 12 when I can go all out, NOT when I still have two more battles left! lol
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    +10000

Devs seriously need to take a look at this. Over 38k arena power and GW takes WAAAAAAAY too **** long.

Just in case they are still looking at the forums: @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera .

Give GW some love guys! We'd love u long time...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Capping should be making it easier because at least nobody can outlevel you...
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I usually have only 1 or 2 nodes with toons sub 75 and from node 7 on it's all level 80 g9 or 10 I have 31 7* as well and I usually get through it quite okay with not too many retreats and also with some spare toons, the first couple days took me time to get used to it but i think it's okay. Only thing I would like is that they let you fight GW squads instead of arena squads all the time.

On Sat I had 5 straight g10 Reys and then for some reason on node 12 were toons all green or white gear.. Anyone see that before?
  • Altoon33
    565 posts Member
    Options
    I encounter lvl 78-80 at about the 6-7 node , usually 6 , and it's a **** . Lots of retreats until I can beat the node
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a level 78...and now absolutely frightened of what's to come. Thanks for the heads-up at least.
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    On Sat I had 5 straight g10 Reys and then for some reason on node 12 were toons all green or white gear.. Anyone see that before?

That happens sometimes to a member of my guild, he has a roster full of 7 star toons with Arena squad over 39k. He says he gets tough squads right from the start up until the last two nodes where he gets noob squads. As if you managed to exhaust the best team so the AI has nothing left to throw at you lol.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious to know if other players having reached level 80 are getting incredibly difficult runs in GW since they reached that level.
    I use to pretty much breeze through GW, needing to burn an occasional suicide squad or two in tougher runs but since I reached 80 it's been incredibly difficult.
    I start getting squads around level 78, all gear 8-9 around node 6 and it gets tougher with every nodes. The last 4, 5 I'm always getting heavy stuff like Rey, QGJ and other gear 10, usually two or three toons geared up at 10 per squad, throw in the mix RG gear 9, Ol Ben gear 9 with his ton of health and outrageous dodge rate, and other nightmare toons you hate to see when your roster is getting exhausted.
    I have a pretty deep roster 23 7* all pretty well geared up but the last 4 days, I barely squeaked through with only the skin of my teeth left, all toons dead except last standing. And that ONLY because I retreated a ton of times until I got the only possible RNG combinations that would allow me to pass... It's taking me well over an hour, really excrutiating...
    I like a challenge but ... life is too short for this...
    @Baldo I had your squad at node 10 yesterday, total nightmare, I needed to beat it without damaging my a team too much cause I knew two more awful tough fights were left after you. Was the worst, I finally did it after trying every possible ways to get the right RNG but just painful...
    So is this happening to all level 80 or I'm just on a really bad streak?

Yes.

Many in my guild have simply quit doing GW as it is no longer enjoyable.

My arena team broke 37k today and GW was INSANE. I almost quit because it was not fun, but just ended up throwing toons after toons at the last 4 nodes with no real strategy and I was able to finish. I have finished every GW since they changed it back in January, but I think this might be it. I will stop doing it like the other.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes... Absolute nightmare. My arena is 38k and a January server...even with close to 30 toons at 7 star/geared up I complete it once or twice a week. Game is not very friendly to the level 80 players in GW...
  • Options
    Will this change as the rest of the group reaches 80 and there is a larger pool to draw from? Most of my shard (mid January)are around 78.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 78 Power 33.5k

I been getting level 70 sometimes @ node 1 and more then often around 75 in node 3....pretty much all way through Gw is around 70-80
  • Options
    I started subbing in all my toons during the first 5 nodes that way when I sub them back in during later nodes they already have their turn meter full.
  • Options
    Tbh, only whales are at 80 right now, so of course you'll have hard lvl 80 opponents. Once the f2prs catch up, it should be back to normal worth the occasional nightmare squad.
  • Options
    Brutal for me. 38k power here and after node 6 I'm getting leia, Rey, RG, QGJ gear 9+ with omegas. I've had to get my Barriss to gear 10 and lumi to gear 9 just to feel safe. I've got 24 7* toons over gear 8 at least 12 of them are gear 9-11.
  • Options
    I think a lot of this has to do with whales and dolphins etc getting to 80 before everyone else and directly skewing the ratios of great teams to average teams...

Will it ballance out when more F2P reach 80?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I hate that it goes by power, most people are using their best squad making them face 12 squads based on their best squads power is silly.
  • Options
    I am truly at a lost what is the point of GW from CG's perspective ?

If GW was meant to encourage gamers to build a "platoon", i.e., spend $, then the moment you gear up your platoon, it becomes almost impossible to compete. How is that not insanely frustrating ? You either grind or grab (buy) your platoon and you still end up in the hole, i.e., still can't compete.

I'm nowhere close to where you guys are, just approaching level 70s. No where near the 7* plaTOONs that some of u have, i.e., only two 7* toons. I am facing level 74! squads with Vader, Kylo, Dooku (who counters and bonus AT LEAST 3x), Sid, and Ventress, all purple, all 6*. All FRESH while my squad is limping into the battle.

**** is the point if GW is simply an exercise in frustration ?

CG seriously need to separate the whales, P2P folks from either the F2P or occasional spenders. This ONE POLICY fits all approach is destroying this franchise. If not for the "Star Wars" theme, I echo a lot of posters here, we would be LONG GONE by now.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Segregation is probably a bad idea, unless you are referring to the forums.

The game model is an established p2w archetype...
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm only 79 and my last three nodes were complete dog fights. 80's with so many gear rings, i don't even know what gear level they were. Brutal! Down to my last useable man trading blows. Finished, but it's getting ridiculous. It used to be once you finished 3rd node from the end it was easy sailing, not today.

I have been hoping GW would get better not worse. Although I don't know why I thought that would happen.
  • Options
    > The game model is an established p2w archetype...

P2W/P is fine. CG is a business. However, paying "how much to win ?" is the question if the "goal post" keep changing ? Get my drift there Timi. You gear up your toons to using arrows b/c that's what the opponents were using the last time and all of a sudden they now have lasers ? ... What the ^%$#
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    I hate that it goes by power, most people are using their best squad making them face 12 squads based on their best squads power is silly.

+1

@EA_Jesse
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The goalposts will contsantly change, its part of the archetype you say you have bought into.

You can't just accept the parts you like, and act hurt about the others.

You must have known there would be a pay wall.

Feel lucky its way up near the cap.

You either buy in or accept mediocrity, this is the standard.
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I've been level 80 for almost a week now and prior to that I was having very easy GW's, no suicide squads needed. Nothing has changed since I hit level 80 honestly so I feel like i'm just getting lucky. My current arena power is just under 35k not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    Options
    GW is super easy for me. And has been for a while. I've got a deep bench though. No idea at Lvl 80 I'm not there yet. Otherwise it's cake.
  • Obeewon
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I have finished it everyday for 5 months sat and sun couldn't finish...used every toon I have and I have a very deep bench...barley finished it today
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I just wish the rewards would get better. We're all getting the same rewards but some are facing much harder groups.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    I just wish the rewards would get better. We're all getting the same rewards but some are facing much harder groups.

I wish the opposite, it needs to be easier and give less. It takes to long and is frustrating, and there is a huge credit disparity between those of us who can beat and those that get wiped after first 3-4 fights.