Questions for upcoming Q&A Panel

2Next

Replies

• Rainheart wrote: »
    The question: Why doesn't Boba Fett use his blaster?

My recommendation: They could change his current basic attack with him shooting his blaster (as it would be more realistic for a blaster to have more ammo than a wrist rocket, which he already uses as his aoe attack btw), maybe calling it Boba Blast? (or anything else really), or maybe swap it with his current basic, and making his current (Execute) into a special third attack (much like Kylo's attacks: basic, aoe, special) or change the animation into him using his flamethrower against 1 opponent, and giving either of these attacks a little damage increase? And just tossing it out there, why not rename it "Disintegration"? lol

I doubt this is a dev question as this more in the hands of the creative team but I'll add it just in case.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Will new abilities ever be available for existing characters?

For example with Old Daka I have two options, stun attack or heal & revive. If I've only got the option of these two attacks and I want to play this game for the next year then that will get pretty boring. It would be great if she unlocks a new ability at a higher level (level 75 for example).

This will be better for business as it will make people want to progress faster (and therefore spend more money) and people will have more fun if there is new content added to existing heroes. More fun = more downloads = more spending players.
    Post edited by cosmicturtle333 on
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • There are a couple of things I've been wondering about.

Why is the dodge rating for all characters zero and how is dodge rating actually calculated?

Why do characters have gear that doesn't actually affect any of their stats, for example characters having gear that grants life steal but those characters don't actually get life steal, or just weird ones like tanks getting a bunch of damage increase gear but not a lot of defence or health.

How do they plan on finding and dealing with players who are cheating in this game, by altering non server side information allowing them to gain essentially god mode in pvp and unlimited energy in cantinas? (This is one that really does need to be addressed as it is unacceptable that this is allowed to happen)

Are their any plans for alliances and added with that, alliance wars, where we can play and battle with players from all server, and battle for rewards?

Where is darth jar jar?

Do they plan on making it easier for players to receive help from the support team, because as many people have stated the service is absolutely atrocious, and does very little to actually help people with their problems. (Not sure if it's a question for the devs, but is one I would certainly like to know)

Any details on new character packs coming into the stores, and can we expect to see them more frequently and at decent prices? (Decent meaning not throwing in 50$ worth of crystals in order to charge a pack for 100$)

I believe I saw someone else mention this, but exactly how is the first round of a match calculated speed wise, because despite what people do to try and increase speed it never affects the first round?

Will there be increased activity from moderators answering questions on the forums, because as of now most questions go unanswered?

Any plans on adding creatures such as the taun-taun or ice yeti thingy into the game?

When will the locked icons in the cantina be revealed?

Hope some of these questions will be useful!

• I have 2.

1. Challenges. Can we get challenges updated so we atleast get 1 purple gear from them at lvl 60. Right now I think only 1 actually drops epic pieces ( the laptop ), while the others never drop anything I want.

2.why is Asajj is the only person that has 5 skills right now.
  • Do the shipments (cantina, squad arena, galactic war, NOT including the default shipments that offer gear and training droids) ever change, and if they don't, could they possibly in the future?

How many characters should be expect to see in the "endgame" stage of GoH? eg. there are currently 71 characters in the game if I'm not mistaken, how many will there be before new characters are no longer released?
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Plans on rotating shipments?

Shard exchange?

More bundles that are worth the value?

Special events?

More pvp content? Cooperative stuff?

Will chromium only characters ever be farmable after you've opened them from packs? The sheer amount of money required to get Qui Gon to 7* right now is over $1000.

• I added the latest questions, already getting quite the list of questions. I'm excited to see some of them answered. I've tried to tag each person as they ask so that the original questions can be referenced as I've shortened many of the questions for brevity and clarity but just in case I interpret a question wrong, let me know.
  • Elyndria's questions should all be top priorities lol

especially the rotating shipments and long term viability of chromium characters

and special events

jeez they're all good

I think they already confirmed some sort of shard exchange though
  • MLGebra wrote: »
    Elyndria's questions should all be top priorities lol

especially the rotating shipments and long term viability of chromium characters

and special events

jeez they're all good

I think they already confirmed some sort of shard exchange though

Yes that's why I asked for details. Even if a lot of questions can't be answered, we still gotta ask lol
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Great thread. To add a few off the top of my head:

To add to Q30:
    30. Why do heroes require gear that doesn't affect their important stats? (life steal for example?) @StirringOwl Maybe rephrase to "Can we expect gear for a particular character to be optimized to be useful to the character? (ex: Potency on characters without offensive abilities, special damage on characters without special offensive attacks, and lifesteal which doesn't seem to do anything at all)"

Are there plans to have a more detailed tooltips regarding offensive abilities of each character to better show how much damage we can expect of a character to do? For example, LoL has information to see attack damage/ability power ratios of abilities so you can calculate approximately how much damage an ability will do given a certain amount of power (0.5 modifier, 1.2 modifier, etc)

Are there plans to adjust the strength of certain buffs and debuffs? For example, Offense up/down are incredibly powerful abilities and can be applied to an entire team effectively increasing the team's power by 50%, in contrast to abilities like Defense Up which seems virtually useless.

Is the current implementation of tanks with taunt intentionally taunt till they die? They seem to offer very little difference in mitigation than other characters and often get destroyed in a similar amount of time as non-glass cannon characters.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks!
  • Added a couple more.

I'll try to sort it out by category tomorrow if I get time whilst traveling.
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    Are you guys looking into adding replays for pvp? Or at least a notification system that notifies the player if their team has been defeated or has successfully defended?

PVP replays would add a new dimension to the game and allow players to see how the AI controls their team on defense and let's them adjust accordingly.
  • Andrew wrote: »
    Are you guys looking into adding replays for pvp? Or at least a notification system that notifies the player if their team has been defeated or has successfully defended?

PVP replays would add a new dimension to the game and allow players to see how the AI controls their team on defense and let's them adjust accordingly.

Added.

I've seen this in some other games so I know the idea works.
  • Will they be adding more achievements into the game in order for people to star up darth Vader?
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Will they be adding more achievements into the game in order for people to star up darth Vader?

I'm pretty sure John Salera said that with the new level cap and new levels there will be new achievements available to increase Vader shards.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I doubt this is a dev question as this more in the hands of the creative team but I'll add it just in case.

Was it added? It doesn't seem like it is :/
  • My question is..when will the answers be ready? I have just started purchasing Ackbar and now im on a hold because of its leader ability not working. I mean how lame is it that the character has to get a turn first? Preventing a Speed team? w**
  • My question is..when will the answers be ready? I have just started purchasing Ackbar and now im on a hold because of its leader ability not working. I mean how lame is it that the character has to get a turn first? Preventing a Speed team? w**

Next week I think.