Luke Skywalker

Alright so I have been searching the forums and nobody really seems to be talking about Luke Skywalker! I have him LVL 45 gear 6 and he absolutely shreds enemies.... Is this because I am not high enough level? Or is he really a hard hitting character?

Thanks for your replies!

Replies

• I have 6* lvl 56 luke, and he can be a gamechanger. I run sid at lead, so luke often crits and drops over 2k damage.
  • Tyrone wrote: »
    I have 6* lvl 56 luke, and he can be a gamechanger. I run sid at lead, so luke often crits and drops over 2k damage.

At 60/5 stars he crits like 5k with sid with his special, and like 3k normal. But Geo is the better option. He can crit like 7k+ with the right assist, and his special refreshes in 2. As a luke played I'd recommend people to use Geo. Sadly my Luke is almost 6 stars, so really I'm not going to scratch that project.
    I have 6* lvl 56 luke, and he can be a gamechanger. I run sid at lead, so luke often crits and drops over 2k damage.

At 60/5 stars he crits like 5k with sid with his special, and like 3k normal. But Geo is the better option. He can crit like 7k+ with the right assist, and his special refreshes in 2. As a luke played I'd recommend people to use Geo. Sadly my Luke is almost 6 stars, so really I'm not going to scratch that project.

Lol, me too!
  • My luke is 4 stars level 57 and 1 slot away from purple gear. He is easily my goto for damage and he/luminara 1-2 punch can drop sidious in one turn.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • My 5* IG 86 cri 9k on Poggle's buff not counting the assist. With assist the total damage adds up to 14k on a single target.
    My ig 88 regularly does 25k AOE.

I guess that could be one of the reasons why nobody talks about Luke.
    Tyrone wrote: »

Lol, me too!

lol me three
  • I have him gear vi level 59 and he's a big bopper for me. He crits a lot even on regular attack,but unfortunately doesn't stun much.

If you see a stun team in galactic war make him your leader.
  • My 5* IG 86 cri 9k on Poggle's buff not counting the assist. With assist the total damage adds up to 14k on a single target.

I dont believe
    I crit like 6k with help of lesser
    geo soldier 4* 7k

I think Geo will be a better option at 70 but today it depends on your team. Luke with 6*/max gear/lvl60 can Poggle boosted crit for over 9k which is enough to solo shot nearly any damage dealer. He also has the ability to stun on crit which can be very useful if you're using him to target big guns or counter chars. His base attack is very effective as well adding a dot to the enemy and increasing his turn meter 30% on crits.

On the team I run with Sid as lead and Poggle boosting Luke is very effective. He has good enough speed but not so good that he goes before Poggle. If you don't run Sid as lead then I don't think he's as effective (ie. Geo is much better on a Phasma team) but I really don't feel like anyone is going to be more exited facing Luke today in Arena than Geo.

I do want to see how they compare at 70 though. That's where I think Geo appears to get a clear advantage. His speed boost alone (140 to Luke's 114) is probably a game changer.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    Tyrone wrote: »

I think Geo will be a better option at 70 but today it depends on your team. Luke with 6*/max gear/lvl60 can Poggle boosted crit for over 9k which is enough to solo shot nearly any damage dealer. He also has the ability to stun on crit which can be very useful if you're using him to target big guns or counter chars. His base attack is very effective as well adding a dot to the enemy and increasing his turn meter 30% on crits.

On the team I run with Sid as lead and Poggle boosting Luke is very effective. He has good enough speed but not so good that he goes before Poggle. If you don't run Sid as lead then I don't think he's as effective (ie. Geo is much better on a Phasma team) but I really don't feel like anyone is going to be more exited facing Luke today in Arena than Geo.

I do want to see how they compare at 70 though. That's where I think Geo appears to get a clear advantage. His speed boost alone (140 to Luke's 114) is probably a game changer.

Do you need Poggle to go with geo? Can Geo be good enough on his own?

• Geo is fine on his own. In fact I don't think he gains much with Poggle being a Geo. The only thing he would gain is if he calls Poggle for the assist - then they both do more damage. So 25% chance a round.

Poggle gets more evasion and more crit chance having Geo on his team so there is enough benefit to having them both.
  • Miss_Doll wrote: »
    My 5* IG 86 cri 9k on Poggle's buff not counting the assist. With assist the total damage adds up to 14k on a single target.

I dont believe
    I crit like 6k with help of lesser
    geo soldier 4* 7k

Sid lead 20% damage increase

86 has 75 % damage increase with droid assist.

Poggle buff adds another 50%

Believe whatever you want, my 86 cri 9k with droid assist.

• I have maxed gear 7* lvl 60 Luke, he is pretty decent. I find his leader ability extremely useful in GW against heavy DoT/CC teams (like Vader, Sid, Dooku etc...) and he deals pretty sweet damage (somewhat more than maxed sid), other then that i use him in my Arena squad, but i would change him for the same star/gear Geo soldier.
  • I always ignored my Luke, who dropped from a bronzium pack. No more ... Yesterday in the arena he one-shot my fully healed 4* dooku (1 piece shy of gear 7) as the opening move ... Never expected that. I have not yet had a single attacker one shot me in the opening round.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Lianara wrote: »
    I always ignored my Luke, who dropped from a bronzium pack. No more ... Yesterday in the arena he one-shot my fully healed 4* dooku (1 piece shy of gear 7) as the opening move ... Never expected that. I have not yet had a single attacker one shot me in the opening round.

The you must be low rank. Fotp one shots regularly. And a 4* dooku is as squishy as they come.
  • I respect him but do not fear him. Note : I have seen Luke die *many* times before he can get an attack.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    One thing to consider is that there are not a lot of easy to farm light side dps. I went with geo soldier, and now I lack a good damage dealer for LS missions, while the g-soldier is more redundant in my roster
    Just food for thought.
  • Vomiting wrote: »
    Lianara wrote: »
    I always ignored my Luke, who dropped from a bronzium pack. No more ... Yesterday in the arena he one-shot my fully healed 4* dooku (1 piece shy of gear 7) as the opening move ... Never expected that. I have not yet had a single attacker one shot me in the opening round.

The you must be low rank. Fotp one shots regularly. And a 4* dooku is as squishy as they come.

I am in 300-500... So yeah low rank. I rarely seen FOTP in the squads I faced, and if I did he is first I target.
    I just found it funny the Luke killed Dooku with his special, as opening move. My match went south fast after that. I have not seen Dooku go down fast against the AI. Of course, I can two shot enemy Dooku when I'm on offence. But it's rare.
  • Lianara wrote: »
    Vomiting wrote: »

I am in 300-500... So yeah low rank. I rarely seen FOTP in the squads I faced, and if I did he is first I target.
    I just found it funny the Luke killed Dooku with his special, as opening move. My match went south fast after that. I have not seen Dooku go down fast against the AI. Of course, I can two shot enemy Dooku when I'm on offence. But it's rare.

Well my Luke is almost 7* and he is just ok. Wish I had geo instead. And Luke is not a patch on fotp
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So you would recommend farming Geo rather than Luke? I got Geo from Bronzium pack but never used him/it.
  • Vomiting wrote: »
    Vomiting wrote: »

Well my Luke is almost 7* and he is just ok. Wish I had geo instead. And Luke is not a patch on fotp

If they gave luke a little more damage he'd be high tier, he's mid tier atm.
  • Yea Def mid tier. @ lianara go for geo. I'm gonna get him once Luke is 7*. Although I suppose the different between the two isn't massive. I would go for which ever you have higher * atm