Does it take too long for f2p players to continue playing?

124Next

Replies

• Been playing a few weeks now, and I have to say I do not mind the energy refresh rate at all. To me, it is all about finding a rhythm with the game to maximize your energy. I play in the morning while I eat breakfast. I hit use up most to all of my energy (depending on who easily I dragged myself out of bed in the morning) and burn through much of the dailies. Then I leave it be and go to work. By the time I get home & get myself together, my energy has replenished and I can get to anything I did not get to in the morning. Then it refills overnight. I also try to time things so that I have full energy when I level up so it doesn't get wasted refilling the meter.

Basically, the energy refresh is - to my mind, anyway - an equalizer of sorts. Sure you can pay to refill it, and I am sure many do, but for those who don't (or won't) then it puts us on even ground. Your game priorities may be different from mine, but the amount we can accomplish on any given day is fairly equal within the realm of chance.
  • Well...you aren't supposed to be checking SWGOH waiting for your energy to fill up in the first place. Why not go read a book? Or workout maybe? Watch a movie? CNN? Family time? friends? Or just play a few games at once if you have much free time lol. Games like this takes time. So utilise your free time not worrying about how many hours left for your energy to fill up but go and find something else to do in the mean time.

CNN is the devil, just saying.
  • DarthLynch wrote: »
    Been playing a few weeks now, and I have to say I do not mind the energy refresh rate at all. To me, it is all about finding a rhythm with the game to maximize your energy. I play in the morning while I eat breakfast. I hit use up most to all of my energy (depending on who easily I dragged myself out of bed in the morning) and burn through much of the dailies. Then I leave it be and go to work. By the time I get home & get myself together, my energy has replenished and I can get to anything I did not get to in the morning. Then it refills overnight. I also try to time things so that I have full energy when I level up so it doesn't get wasted refilling the meter.

Basically, the energy refresh is - to my mind, anyway - an equalizer of sorts. Sure you can pay to refill it, and I am sure many do, but for those who don't (or won't) then it puts us on even ground. Your game priorities may be different from mine, but the amount we can accomplish on any given day is fairly equal within the realm of chance.

Good point
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I'm not a ftp player, brought the dooku pack during the initial launch and I have to agree, the disadvantage is really really really big for ftp players. The hours grinning and the packs to be brought by hard earn crystals but is just another duplicate of what u already have ... I too feel the pain ...

Nevertheless, I'm finally at level 60 with a decent arena squard. So hand in there guys, still believe ftp is still the way to go !!! Hard work = enjoy the game better I suppose ?? :)
  • I think the energy recharge rate for battles for normal/cantina battles is fine. I do think that Arena is too limiting for a f2P player to consistently place high, especially over time as spenders increase on each shard. But I'm mostly ok with it since I can still get a decent reward each day.
  • Nobody gets to "play" the game much after awhile. It's not a game you can just open up and play when you have a spare moment. If the energy refresh and cap was doubled it wouldn't even make a difference you would still just spend it in 1 minute with sims.

It becomes almost an idle game at 60, log in twice a day for maintenance activities (that may or may not actually give you anything) and log out.

5 pvp matches and at most 6 of 12 galactic war matches are the only things that take time and brain cells.

• I have over 600 tickets, they should let you trade in tickets for energy? 1 ticket equals 10 energy? I heard some people have over 1000 in sim tickets. I would totally love to see it. Aside from that i disagree about the game putting to much hurt on F2p, currently top 100 and i break into top 50, alnost broke into top 20 yesterday, but got push back to 60. Anyways the game is good, if they did add more faster refills, they problaly make more money, becuase F2p like me would be dominating the competion and you would feel more pressure to buy crytals if you wanted to compete with people like me.
  • I agree with the OP time it takes to refill is way too long. The game does not keep me imersed long enough.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Some people are stating that quicker times will make the game more competative. This I believe is a good thing. One possibility I can see would be to have categories or separate leaderboards with the player selecting their activity level and the game setting those imposing restrictions.

I got the game the day before yesterday and I am already 23/24 and I am in the low thousands for the leaderboards. That to me feels extremely easy and like the game provides no challenge. I have only lost one challenge/battle period and that is the healer restriction (I have only 2 healers).

The game feels like something you check once or twice a day and then you are done with. I feel times need to be shortened and restrictions tweaked a bit more.

Every five minutes could be worth 4 energy. Shard caps could be worth two times what they are now (160 vs 80 for a character). Restrictions should not take 24 hours. Pvp should not have a limit and should have better rewards ( weekly top ten may include a character or 20/30 special character shards.

Farming should not have wait times longer than two hours.

• God no, I don't want to have to log in every 3 hours to use my energy.
  • @Darth_Ebonics

Challenges are definitely misnamed, but leaderboards are populated based on the time you started playing, so it's not unexpected that you might be doing better than your peers. The real challenge in the game comes as your PVP leaderboard "grows" over time, as well as Galactic Wars. That is the real highlight for me, it's always a fun challenge to run the table.
  • Shewski wrote: »
    @Darth_Ebonics

Challenges are definitely misnamed, but leaderboards are populated based on the time you started playing, so it's not unexpected that you might be doing better than your peers. The real challenge in the game comes as your PVP leaderboard "grows" over time, as well as Galactic Wars. That is the real highlight for me, it's always a fun challenge to run the table.

I realize how a leaderboard works and in what manner it takes to do better. You will notice that games with lower wait times make the game more challenging to obtain a higher spot in the LB. Currently the difficulty would be making sure that you get on at your allowed times. A leaderboard should be based on the most skilled and dedicated players. So from 17k I should have seen increasingly difficult opponents as I am brand new and have barely anything to use. However, I have yet to lose and have found no enemies challenging. This means the LB is stale and part of this is the limit in times allowed.
  • I'm milking Arena while I can.

I've hit #1 but people are starting to get 4+ levels higher than me and progressing quicker now (I'm not putting $$ in after the char packs I got). I fall all the way back into the 30's during the day usually and can boost myself back into 5-16 or so now before I run out of battles (not even recharging anymore as it's getting too risky with the higher stars and levels on others now).

I wish there was a way I could have more varied toons and play a more strategic game. As it is, the game is losing my interest because I'm forced to use the same team EVERY time because I just don't have any other toons boosted high enough.

That's frustrating. They could make a lot more money out of me but it's like they just don't want to.