Omega Fives Basic now follows (pre)upgrade description

Prev1
Alsend_Drake
709 posts Member
edited May 2016
He only follows up if the enemy had Speed Down Prior to the attack.

Just as the pre-upgrade preview said.
Post edited by Alsend_Drake on

Replies

• Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Yep, I noticed this too. Well, since I run Fives in arena this hurts, but shouldn't be that big of a fix to make him irrelevant. We'll see.
    Anyway, I hope with this we don't get to see more threads asking for nerf.
  • Also, more Synergy with Phasma.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Theres now a clone team that i can beat.

I dinno if ill continue farming 5555.

On the bright side they have supposedly fixed plo koon.
  • He only follows up if the enemy had Speed Down Prior to the attack.

Just as the pre-upgrade preview said.

No. Now the actions do NOT match the description. CG introduced a bug to something that worked.
  • "Attack again if enemy is inflicted with speed down."

First attack causes the opponent to be inflicted with speed down. He attacks again. No where does it say "Attack again if the enemy was inflicted with speed down prior to the initial attack."

Of course they would never tell us this wasn't intentional before they go and nerf it. They'll just hide behind vague and terrible phrasing. They conveniently wait long enough for people to be too deep into farming and gearing this guy that used to be awful, then gained some usefulness when you use the rare and precious omega ability materials.

It's not like he has a passive taunt with no cooldown, or gives his team insane dodge rates that also give offense up or turn meter. He doesn't even have 100% counter chance that gives himself more turns with his crazy high speed and turn meter gain on bonus attacks. His damage isn't even high. He doesn't stun multiple opponents with one attack.
  • "Attack again if enemy is inflicted with speed down."

First attack causes the opponent to be inflicted with speed down. He attacks again. No where does it say "Attack again if the enemy was inflicted with speed down prior to the initial attack."

Of course they would never tell us this wasn't intentional before they go and nerf it. They'll just hide behind vague and terrible phrasing. They conveniently wait long enough for people to be too deep into farming and gearing this guy that used to be awful, then gained some usefulness when you use the rare and precious omega ability materials.

It's not like he has a passive taunt with no cooldown, or gives his team insane dodge rates that also give offense up or turn meter. He doesn't even have 100% counter chance that gives himself more turns with his crazy high speed and turn meter gain on bonus attacks. His damage isn't even high. He doesn't stun multiple opponents with one attack.

+1 AND he doesn't even land speed down every time. I mean it happens a lot but definitely not 100%.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Come on, now.
    "Attack again if enemy is inflicted with speed down" can, indeed, be seen more than one way.

But if you take it to mean "attack again if enemy gets inflicted with speed down," which is just as legit, IMO, as the way you are arguing, then you can argue if the toon already has speed down, he doesn't get a second counter. "Inflicted" itself implies that it should work only when the status effect gets applied, unless otherwise specified.

You are trying to have your cake and eat it, too. This is better than the alternative, I think. Indeed, speed down is not applied all the time. But when it is applied, it sticks around for awhile, because it's speed down. So I think this is better. In a 1 on 1 or a 1 on 2, the toons will most likely be afflicted, early, so he's still a champ in those situations. He starts to lose a lot of ground when it's a 3 on 1, though. Let's not forget that he counters, too. He is still the boss of 1 on 1's, along with Savage.

• Nothing rarely lives long enough for him to attack again after inflicting speed down aside from the pigs and rancor.
  • Smunson82 wrote: »
    Nothing rarely lives long enough for him to attack again after inflicting speed down aside from the pigs and rancor.

I see you've never met the royal guard.
    Nothing rarely lives long enough for him to attack again after inflicting speed down aside from the pigs and rancor.

Lol good point but even a round of assist attacks and I usually take him down too.
    Smunson82 wrote: »

Lol good point but even a round of assist attacks and I usually take him down too.

Gear 10 rg has 50,000 health and protection. One round to take that out?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    While the English language is challenging...the update went toward weakening fives to 3.5s.

He shall rest nicely next to Poe on my roster.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Not sure I get it. You using a Clone team?
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    If you've seen echo's kit, a rebalance makes sense. I'd argue that they kept the tooltip intentionally vague so that they could prevent a full clone team from being unbeatable. I think that it was working as intended, but they always knew they were going to change it with the addition of echo... The language fits both pre and post update and it is easier to claim it was a bug and deal with disappointment than it is to actually change the wording and the ability and dealing with genuine flack from all Fives users. I will begrudgingly accept this nerf because it makes sense, even though it really affects my arena team.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    Not sure I get it. You using a Clone team?

What I meant is when you hit with his basic and inflict speed down by the time his turn comes back around to attack again and get the bonus attack the Toon inflicted will be killed off by the rest of your team.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Verb "is inflicted" is present tense, meaning when it is time to decide whether to attack again, determine whether speed IS down. Had it been a bug fix, it would have said attack again if enemy was inflicted with speed down." This is a nerf, and his ability now does not match his description. If they want to fix this bug, they will change it back.
  • Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Verb "is inflicted" is present tense, meaning when it is time to decide whether to attack again, determine whether speed IS down. Had it been a bug fix, it would have said attack again if enemy was inflicted with speed down." This is a nerf, and his ability now does not match his description. If they want to fix this bug, they will change it back.

+1

I agree 100%. Just wish I didn't waste my Omega's. Lol
  • Stick0014
    120 posts Member
    Fives sucks now. Now wishing I didn't use my omega Matt on him. His attack does little dMG. His counter isn't 100% but it's ok dooku can still attack 5 times in a row hitting 4500k a hit, Rey deals stupid amounts of dMG. And St Han can give a team 15 attacks in a row. But nerf 5s. **** on anyone that spends money to make your ftp players dooku,Rey,rg,gs,and Sth. It's getting to be ridiculous with all the nerfs how be stop messing with the toons cause all you do is **** people off. Poe users, TP users, along with the rest.
  • Nope. it was working to description before
  • Kevez wrote: »
    If you've seen echo's kit, a rebalance makes sense. I'd argue that they kept the tooltip intentionally vague so that they could prevent a full clone team from being unbeatable. I think that it was working as intended, but they always knew they were going to change it with the addition of echo... The language fits both pre and post update and it is easier to claim it was a bug and deal with disappointment than it is to actually change the wording and the ability and dealing with genuine flack from all Fives users. I will begrudgingly accept this nerf because it makes sense, even though it really affects my arena team.

I will not because they basically stole omegas from me. Sadly there is nothing I can do but park him on the bench
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Stick0014 wrote: »
    Fives sucks now. Now wishing I didn't use my omega Matt on him. His attack does little dMG. His counter isn't 100% but it's ok dooku can still attack 5 times in a row hitting 4500k a hit, Rey deals stupid amounts of dMG. And St Han can give a team 15 attacks in a row. But nerf 5s. **** on anyone that spends money to make your ftp players dooku,Rey,rg,gs,and Sth. It's getting to be ridiculous with all the nerfs how be stop messing with the toons cause all you do is **** people off. Poe users, TP users, along with the rest.

+1
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Kevez wrote: »
    If you've seen echo's kit, a rebalance makes sense.

So instead of adjusting the ability of the toon not yet released which is specifically marketed to whales, they nerf the only decent clone that is accessible for f2p. Yep, that sounds like EA to me.
  • Uh... Did anyone read what it says as the preview? Mine clearly was worded in a way to say the follow up is only it that had Slow prior.
  • I find all the reactions about getting omegas "stolen" quite humorous, especially in light of the return of the omega event and more and more players reaching 80. It won't be long and we will be swimming in omegas. Relax.
    Stick0014 wrote: »

+1

They want the evasion meta because its frustrating to players. More possibilities of crystals
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    I find all the reactions about getting omegas "stolen" quite humorous, especially in light of the return of the omega event and more and more players reaching 80. It won't be long and we will be swimming in omegas. Relax.

I could care less about the Omegas. It's the 6 weeks farming him and 5M+ credits spent only to intentionally bug his ability.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    @Jedi2407 I can't justify CG's logic, but I do know two things: 1 Echo is well received by clone wars viewers so his kit needs to do him justice otherwise complaints would come flooding in. Conversely, making Echo powerful and unique is asking for complaints that clones are OP. 2 every toon is currently being balanced using raid mechanics as a primary source and arena as secondary. There are tons of toons beings dusted off for the raids, even though they hold less value in other game modes. With Echo's kit, they claimed it is raid centric while presumably being balanced, it seems obvious that a prepatch omega fives included with other maxed clones would dominate arena. Changing how Fives omega works changes his effectiveness in arena, but does nothing in ghe raid, because the rancor will suffer from speed down until Fives is defeated.

Again, I understand your point, but (even though they weren't transparent with it) I think they were always planning on changing how fives worked. Echo has been in the datamines for as long as I can remember so it seems more reasonable that they always had this idea for Echo's kit, but needed time to balance it. In the mean time Fives needed to carry his clone allies to victory.
  • Ok you **** not understanding this. Fives is the only free one so he got nerfed when they introduced echo. Have you not played this game before? Paid characters are better when they're introduced so you PAY. Free characters are there for you to spend time getting them. Now you have to use 5s anyway because you bought echo and Rex and he uses Rex's synergy. If there are any questions, please send them in after class.
  • Fives was never changed. It was a bug. Please see Jawa. This is EXACTLY how those types of attacks always worked.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jawa/
This discussion has been closed.