GW at level 80

Replies

• > 1) GW match-making is based the highest Arena power you've ever fielded

Mol ... this is exactly the reason why the "throw the kitchen sink at the problem approach" is broken ... doesn't work for GW when your squads' damage persists while the AI squad is ** FRESH **, ** MAXED OUT **, ** GEARED OUT **, ** STARED OUT ** on every node ...

I'm really done .... cheers mates
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    I'm a level 78...and now absolutely frightened of what's to come. Thanks for the heads-up at least.

Same here. Going to level 79 tomorrow. So I apparently have a bad GW future in front of me!
  • Tigerj
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I wish GW was randomly generated based on your power ranking than actual player squads. Let it generate 5 random characters at certain level and power. I drop more F-Bombs more towards the end of GW than any other part of the game. The girl friend just looks at me and shakes her head..

There are times I will retreat and try again until I find the right combo to get by with out getting killed. Times I get burned when I want to heal but can't cause I know my toon will kill the last character. Then when I go into the next round, I have to wait, and hope, I don't get hit! To bad there wasn't a pass button or stand guard so you can skip an attack..

I don't mind it being challenging towards the end, but daaamn! sometimes it just pi$$es you off til no end! I cringe when I get pass round 6..
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I'll +1 this. I have been worried about reaching max for this reason. They sped up the auto-time, but even at lvl 78, it takes nearly a half hour for me to complete GW, and it's getting slower. Combine that with raid time. It's getting to be a little nuts.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • And if you guys haven't noticed the TM isn't getting refreshed it carries on to the next node so if you're throwing any suicide squad make sure (if there's one) Rey is not the first one to hit you.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Galactic war is the only source of credits for f2p and dolphins. Making GW absurdly hard only reduces the number of nodes players can complete, which reduces the amount of credits available for progression. We already got hit hard by the exponential increase in cost to level characters,so why make it harder for us to complete GW?

I'm all for a good challenge, and I'm totally fine with not completing, but why link that outcome to my progression? Why limit the amount of credits I can get?

With an arena power of 36 800, I am facing multiple arena squads that are gear 9 from as early as node 6, to as late as node 8.

Why should the matchmaking be based on our highest arena power? Not all of us have multiple squads at gear 9/10, because we are gated by credits/training droids/raid gear. Galactic war is a battle of endurance, it is not like arena where you battle once and you're done. So why, why, why are we expected to fight multiple arena squads our level and still be expected to come out of each node relatively intact?

Others such as myself have spent quite a sum of money on this game. If it's a choice between spending an additional 2 grand just to progress or leave the game, it will be the latter.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    I think GW matching has now moved to be the power of your top 5 characters. A number of players have taken the time to plot current power of top 5 characters against node strength and found that at most it's 105% of your max power on the last node.

Although not perfect the turn metre change does balance the loss of protection a bit. You should get a few more hits off before even the fastest opponent characters. So if your really want to you could probably knock protection off the opposition thus evening the fight. Most of us, I guess, use that extra time to focus on one dps opponent rather than taking protection off 3.

I still believe that GW opponents are drawn from both Arena and the team someone completed GW with, simply because who uses that many healers in Arena. This likely leads to why once you break the 36000 power cap GW goes crazy.

Most people use lower powered teams in GW, or because they lose their A team members finish GW with a team which has about 2000 power less than their max. So when the matching system is looking for opponents for you when your're 36000+ it is only looking in arena and at the top end of arena too. Hence you get the teams packed full of dps with few healers.

This would be my musings anyway.

Turukano
  • After protection was added, I found it better to use my C team first, rather than last.

So I usually do the first 5-6 nodes with my 3rd string, which happens to be nightsisters + GS - Daka.

Then it's the Barriss & Jedi + Rey team, which usually lasts through node 9-10.

Then I use my Arena team for the last few nodes.

I find that this is better than going Arena team first, and then using worse characters over time, especially given that the final nodes are pretty severe. How many Rebel teams can you face in a row with Leia going nuts every turn?
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Turukano wrote: »
    I think GW matching has now moved to be the power of your top 5 characters. A number of players have taken the time to plot current power of top 5 characters against node strength and found that at most it's 105% of your max power on the last node.

Although not perfect the turn metre change does balance the loss of protection a bit. You should get a few more hits off before even the fastest opponent characters. So if your really want to you could probably knock protection off the opposition thus evening the fight. Most of us, I guess, use that extra time to focus on one dps opponent rather than taking protection off 3.

I still believe that GW opponents are drawn from both Arena and the team someone completed GW with, simply because who uses that many healers in Arena. This likely leads to why once you break the 36000 power cap GW goes crazy.

Most people use lower powered teams in GW, or because they lose their A team members finish GW with a team which has about 2000 power less than their max. So when the matching system is looking for opponents for you when your're 36000+ it is only looking in arena and at the top end of arena too. Hence you get the teams packed full of dps with few healers.

Turukano

Retaining turn meter goes both ways.The opponent's team also retains turn meter if you use a suicide squad to draw out specials first. When you go in with your A/B/C squad the opponent's team retains the turn meter from the previous encounter and there is a good chance they will go before you.

You may ask why I am using suicide squads instead of running a new team or carrying on with my existing team. First, I don't have 6 squads that are lvl 80 and geared to gear9/10. Second, it will be absolutely foolish to continue fighting when your existing team is depleted of protection, while the other team has full protection, sthan/old ben who can taunt/mind trick you, an RG to make it worse, a gear X leia who will stealth on first turn and do vast amounts of damage on you,or a gear X rey who has old ben/dooku and is gonna crit your characters for 15k + damage or 20k+ damage with offense up.You still have to contend with rex/fives/rg/rey/leia/old ben/ teams that are crazy strong even in arena.

Not changing squads would either mean losing the battle, or completing the battle with many toons at yellow/red.GW is a test of endurance. I can't afford having toons making out of the battle with yellow health when I still have many nodes to go.Practically every node from node 7-12 is an arena squad with 30k+ power.

I'm not interested in your explanation in how/why GW can be so tough for me. I already know that squad matchmaking is based on arena power long before you wrote your post, and that squads are indeed drawn from arena squads(there is proof) What I am more interested in is why GW matchmaking should be this way, especially when it stifles progression. And please, until you have the same arena power or greater than me, refrain from giving me the same suggestions I have been using to clear GW when I had 35k power and below.Because that has worked, until I hit my current arena power. Please refrain from talking about stuff you don't know.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    After protection was added, I found it better to use my C team first, rather than last.

So I usually do the first 5-6 nodes with my 3rd string, which happens to be nightsisters + GS - Daka.

Then it's the Barriss & Jedi + Rey team, which usually lasts through node 9-10.

Then I use my Arena team for the last few nodes.

I find that this is better than going Arena team first, and then using worse characters over time, especially given that the final nodes are pretty severe. How many Rebel teams can you face in a row with Leia going nuts every turn?

What power is your arena team? if you're 37-39k power you'll understand the huge spike in difficulty I'm facing.

And yes, sometimes I face leia 2-4 times in a row. My only consolation is that I am not facing the full counter attacking teams some players in this thread are facing.
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    Zekex wrote: »
    Turukano wrote: »

Turukano

Retaining turn meter goes both ways.The opponent's team also retains turn meter if you use a suicide squad to draw out specials first. When you go in with your A/B/C squad the opponent's team retains the turn meter from the previous encounter and there is a good chance they will go before you.

You may ask why I am using suicide squads instead of running a new team or carrying on with my existing team. First, I don't have 6 squads that are lvl 80 and geared to gear9/10. Second, it will be absolutely foolish to continue fighting when your existing team is depleted of protection, while the other team has full protection, sthan/old ben who can taunt/mind trick you, an RG to make it worse, a gear X leia who will stealth on first turn and do vast amounts of damage on you,or a gear X rey who has old ben/dooku and is gonna crit your characters for 15k + damage or 20k+ damage with offense up.You still have to contend with rex/fives/rg/rey/leia/old ben/ teams that are crazy strong even in arena.

Not changing squads would either mean losing the battle, or completing the battle with many toons at yellow/red.GW is a test of endurance. I can't afford having toons making out of the battle with yellow health when I still have many nodes to go.Practically every node from node 7-12 is an arena squad with 30k+ power.

I'm not interested in your explanation in how/why GW can be so tough for me. I already know that squad matchmaking is based on arena power long before you wrote your post, and that squads are indeed drawn from arena squads(there is proof) What I am more interested in is why GW matchmaking should be this way, especially when it stifles progression. And please, until you have the same arena power or greater than me, refrain from giving me the same suggestions I have been using to clear GW when I had 35k power and below.Because that has worked, until I hit my current arena power. Please refrain from talking about stuff you don't know.

I didn't give you any suggestions. I just gave my feelings of why it was very hard for you, and my thought that it cannot just be Arena teams it draws from as these past few weeks I have faced 25% Bariss lead in GW, and generally 3 healers. Who really runs Arena teams with that much health? Hence why people are having completely different experiences with GW.

Also it has apparently moved from max power in arena to max power of top 5 characters.

I doubt I am likely to have the same power as you in Arena for a while, and it's thanks to threads like this that I'm keeping my top 5 toons to below 34000 and currently focusing on making more characters good for raids. If the calculation in another thread is correct my node 11/12 is the equivalent of your 9, and I normally lose a character or 2 on that.I similarly could not do without the credits provided by GW and so am glad that people who have hit this wall are willing to share their experiences.

Best wishes,

Turukano
  • @Mofojokers1992 , do you use your 7* level 79 rebel team in GW?

Your Ackabar leader, Leia, Han, Wedge, and Lando team was my 9th node yesterday. Didn't pass it, lol.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Mofojokers1992 , do you use your 7* level 79 rebel team in GW?

Your Ackabar leader, Leia, Han, Wedge, and Lando team was my 9th node yesterday. Didn't pass it, lol.

Lol i dont use Lando though should of been RG but that's my arena team. Tell me how it did under AI control been getting some odd feedback.

Also thanks @StormTro0p3R_H for letting me know you faced them.
  • Well, with that we can safely see its arena teams in GW. And, yeah, I couldn't remember the fifth so I just threw out another good rebel. I can't say how good it really is because I had already lost my protection by then and I run rebels as well so I was just at such a disadvantage. You being gear 9 on everyone like me made it a very unfair battle, lol. Wedge was hitting in the 7000 on crits, I starkly remember that!
  • Skammadix
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    > I do it with 3 healers. Daka, Lumi, Barriss, with Rey and QGJ as my dps. Mind you, Rey and QGJ are G10, Daka and Barriss are G9, and Lumi G8.
    > Control (Daka Stuns and Lumi ability block, QGJ Humbling Blow for Dispel), Self heals and extra health from Barriss's leader ability, and high dps from QGJ, Rey, and Lumi. Granted Lumi isn't on the same playing field as Rey and QGJ, but she does hit fairly hard.

Stop the insanity. Either you have not hit the "brick walls" that most of us have hit, for whatever reasons, or something else is going on.

It DOES NOT matter what is your squad's composition. You are telling me that your 3 healers + Rey + QGJ can withstand 5-6nodes (if you are lucky or as many as 8 nodes if you are not) of higher powered squads that are fully ** FRESH **, ** MAXED OUT **, ** GEARED OUT **, ** STARED OUT ** squads ...

What are you "supposed" "cleared GW with ease" trolls gonna tell me next ? That you entire squad is made up of healers ? ...

yeah, ************* G A L A T I C .... F A I L **********************

I am ROFLMAO at the pathetic apologetic excuses .. at least come up w/a better excuse.

I run into the same teams you all do.

It DOES matter about your squads composition.

It just sounds like you need to L2P to be quite honest.

GW is about survival. It's not arena.
  • Well, with that we can safely see its arena teams in GW. And, yeah, I couldn't remember the fifth so I just threw out another good rebel. I can't say how good it really is because I had already lost my protection by then and I run rebels as well so I was just at such a disadvantage. You being gear 9 on everyone like me made it a very unfair battle, lol. Wedge was hitting in the 7000 on crits, I starkly remember that!

Mmm yeah Protection has affected alot of GW especially comming into tier 9-11 gear.
  • 0neHellOfAPilot
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    > Hey, 0neHellOfAFgt, I run into the same teams you all do.
    > It DOES matter about your squads composition.

OK Einstein ...

> It just sounds like you need to L2P to be quite honest.

Hahaha, so now obviously I don't know how to play the game ...

> GW is about survival. It's not arena.

You MADE my point and you don't even realize it ... GW is like Areana but you don't get a **** FRESH **** start after each battle ... and the meta squad are geared to the maxed ...

while your squads limp out of each node bruised and battered (so you can't send them back into the next node b/c they are dead meat thus u literally need a new A-team for every node), the meta squad is fully juiced, fresh and maxed out and on a HIGHER LEVEL waiting for you in the next node ... you tell u me u can survive THIS BARRAGE for 8-9 nodes ? ok ... hyperbole alert.

You are trying to make the point that 1+1 = 4 ... it's too funny ... your limited squads retain damage between nodes while the model's squads don't have damage persistence and fully geared, maxed out and on a higher level ... and IF you manage to survive one GW .. the next GW we'll just make you "survive" all 12 nodes of this barrage instead of 8-9 nodes ... too * f r i k k i n * funny
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    There are clearly difficulty spikes at about 34000 power and 37000 power. I noticed it on passing 34000, and a guildmate on 38000 has some insanely hard teams to face. If you're still on 31000, you won't be seeing this yet.

It's power of top five toons, though, not arena team. As tracked by somebody on here. if true (and no reason to think otherwise on face of the data), it's a common misunderstanding. It means you can't game it by playing a low power arena side.

In spite of all that, though, @0neHellOfAPilot , it does sound like you're up are having more difficulty with it than is really warranted. Yes, you lose protection early in GW, but the fact you start ahead in TM can make up for this, as can the additional chance to completely reset your cooldowns at the end of battles. GW should be well doable with a decent squad of 15 toons at about the 6-7 star, level 70-80 kind of range. Likely in about 60-90 minutes, which you may argue is too long although as a commuter, I find it perfect.

It sounds like you are still using some old approaches that no longer really serve. Suicide squads are no longer really effective, for the reasons you've identified yourself. It's more about survivability, cooldown management, enough variety in your options that you can mix it up to meet the challenge and taking put the biggest threats quickly using your initial TM advantage. And most of all, it's about retreat, retreat, retreat until you find the winning combo that allows you to finish a node with 5 toons intact at full health and full cooldown.

Sorry that you are finding it quite so impossible, but you're honestly better off believing there are other ways and listening to the advice than just insisting everybody else is wrong and continuing down the same path that isn't working for you.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Try running some healers, and milking your opponents so you arent limping into the next battle.
  • Kabbes, your post is by far the most coherent critic of my post I have read so far ...

> but the fact you start ahead in TM can make up for this,

I wish that's the case .. most often I don't get first strike ...

> GW should be well doable with a decent squad of 15 toons at about the 6-7 star, level 70-80 kind of range.

but that's my point about moving the goal post .. seemingly overnight this "ninja requirement" popped up w/one of the updates .. i don't think 3 A-teams is enuff ... i think at least 5 ... which means u need to gear 25 toons ... ok, and then u never know which toons u geared will be nerfed to smithereens in the next update .. hahahaha

> Likely in about 60-90 minutes, which you may argue is too long although as a commuter, I find it perfect.

way too long ... who has time to do 1-1.5 hours .. seriously ..

> Sorry that you are finding it quite so impossible, but you're honestly better off believing there are other ways and listening to the advice

Scroll past to my previous post and I hilight the advice of those who I find useful ... i do listen to the advice of others .. u just need to check first ...

> than just insisting everybody else is wrong and continuing down the same path that isn't working for you

I dont insist everybody is wrong .. again .. check my previous post .. i only insist those posters who persist that 1+1 = 4 are definitely wrong ...
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    If I didn't have GW to do for an hour each morning, I'd have to find something else to do on the train! It might be lousy for you, but it's perfect for me. Such are the slings and arrows of outrageous mobile gaming.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Yeah, I like my 45-60 minutes of GW each day. Wednesdays kind of bum me out because I jam them all in early for the guild.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Kabbes, your post is by far the most coherent critic of my post I have read so far ...

> but the fact you start ahead in TM can make up for this,

I wish that's the case .. most often I don't get first strike ...

I'm pretty sure this is impossible.
  • > I'm pretty sure this is impossible.

Hahahaha, what do u say to people who thinks in terms of certainty ... yeah .....

try fielding an inferior squad and see who get first strike ... Einstein ...

this is from your other post to me ...

> You're a liar or you're an even bigger fool for spending time in a forum for a game you don't play.

should i call u a liar now ?
  • > If I didn't have GW to do for an hour each morning, I'd have to find something else to do on the train! It might be lousy for you, but it's perfect for me. Such are the slings and arrows of outrageous mobile gaming.

agree .. which is what "Auto" was suppose "to be" ... an option for folks who didn't have the time but then Auto AI is another rabbit hole that we aren't gonna explore at the moment ...
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    You may if you wish, it would have no bearing on this discussion. You don't even play the game so I'm not sure how you'd know what happens in GW.

Does anybody else have the experience that "more often than not" you don't get first strike in GW? I'm really interested, and this guy's word is meaningless.
  • Skammadix
    207 posts Member
    > Hey, 0neHellOfAFgt, I run into the same teams you all do.
    > It DOES matter about your squads composition.

OK Einstein ...

> It just sounds like you need to L2P to be quite honest.

Hahaha, so now obviously I don't know how to play the game ...

> GW is about survival. It's not arena.

You MADE my point and you don't even realize it ... GW is like Areana but you don't get a **** FRESH **** start after each battle ... and the meta squad are geared to the maxed ...

while your squads limp out of each node bruised and battered (so you can't send them back into the next node b/c they are dead meat thus u literally need a new A-team for every node), the meta squad is fully juiced, fresh and maxed out and on a HIGHER LEVEL waiting for you in the next node ... you tell u me u can survive THIS BARRAGE for 8-9 nodes ? ok ... hyperbole alert.

You are trying to make the point that 1+1 = 4 ... it's too funny ... your limited squads retain damage between nodes while the model's squads don't have damage persistence and fully geared, maxed out and on a higher level ... and IF you manage to survive one GW .. the next GW we'll just make you "survive" all 12 nodes of this barrage instead of 8-9 nodes ... too * f r i k k i n * funny

I didn't make your point at all. Seriously. It goes like this.

I use a well geared but under leveled (mix of 72 - 76) team for the first 5 or 6 nodes. I try to leave two or three low health enemies on the 5th or 6th node. I bring in my A team, you know, the one with 3 healers. Mop up and build turn meter. Advance from 6 - 12 usually without issue.

You obviously have no idea how to plan accordingly. I run into meta teams from node 5/6 - 12 and use my A team to finish off GW. Having the turn meter advantage from battle to battle is invaluable. G10 Rey and G10 QGJ means I can usually take out at least one and severely damage a second enemy toon. Use stuns wisely. Barriss heal through HI. Defeat enemy QGJ, then use Lumi heal. Barriss lead provides passive heal. Enemy team has RG? Lower one toons health enough that Rey can one shot it or get it low right before QGJ's turn so I can immediately remove taunt using humbling blow. Manage CD's. I ALWAYS go into my next fight with all 3 heals up.

I mean it's really all strategy. So yes, you obviously don't know how to play the game. If you did, you wouldn't be staunchly defending your inability to complete GW daily.

If I can beat GW facing meta teams from node 5 onward with 10 toons, some not even 7 starred, anyone can if you play properly. So yes, L2P.

You're obviously terrible and haranguing everyone else that's good at the game because you feel the need to defend your inability to play properly.

Please pipe down. Herb.
  • > You don't even play the game so I'm not sure how you'd know what happens in GW.

Sheeeshush, what are you ... 5-year old ? Now you are making absurd claim that I don't even play the game ... what will you claim next ? That I'm a Martian and don't know how to communicate in English ?

A classic sign of failure to articulate a coherent, concise and concrete counter argument so the only thing left to do is a pathetic attempt at character assassination ... "you don't even play this game so your words dont' count <cry cry cry> because I don't know how to counter your argument" .. thank you for making my points crystal clear ...

i'm done w/you dude/dudet ... it's has been fun dismantling your debate skill ...
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    You haven't made an argument. You did deny spending any time with the game less than an hour ago in another thread. You're not actually done with me because you're as easy a mark for trolling as they come.
  • 0neHellOfAPilot
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    > I use a well geared but under leveled (mix of 72 - 76) team for the first 5 or 6 nodes.

Again, very funny. Either you haven't hit the wall or you are making things up as we go along .... You face meta squads AT LEAST 2-3 levels above your own starting from node 3-4. Only nodes 1-2 are "easy" but what's the point .. the loot for these nodes are pointless.

> I try to leave two or three low health enemies on the 5th or 6th node.

You try ? As if you have a choice on WHEN your squad is obliterated ... it's hilarious reading your post .. yeah, you will say you can PLAN WHEN YOU WANT YOUR SQUAD OBLITERATED .. ON PURPOSE ..

> I bring in my A team, you know, the one with 3 healers. Mop up and build turn meter. Advance from 6 - 12 usually without issue.

Hahahaha, there we go again ... simply blush thru the 6-12 nodes ...

> I mean it's really all strategy. So yes, you obviously don't know how to play the game. If you did, you wouldn't be staunchly defending your inability to complete GW daily.

FFS .. .before the recent updates, it WAS ABOUT STRATEGIES ... after the recent updates .. it ain't about STRATEGY .. it's about ... u BETTER GEAR UP/MAX OUT/OMEGA OUT ALL YOUR TOONS, i.e. SPEND .. or you will not make it far in GW ...

> If I can beat GW facing meta teams from node 5 onward with 10 toons, some not even 7 starred, anyone can if you play properly. So yes, L2P.

Yes .. PLAY properly in a scenario where the odds are stacked way against you, i.e., your squads' damage persists while the meta squads don't, is to BUY BUY BUY ...

> You're obviously terrible and haranguing everyone else that's good at the game because you feel the need to defend your inability to play properly.

hahahaha ...... i'm done debating w/you ...