Poe Dameron is too powerful in Squad Arena. Nerf in the coming update?

Replies

• SlyGambit wrote: »
    Sid, 88 and Poe are locked on my team, the other two I'm not sure. I have both Jawas and Vader and Poggle, should I fully gear the Jawas? If I must pick one, which is better? I think Jawa hits a little harder, Dathcha though has ability block.

If you're using 88 use toons that give dots before 88. Vader goes after him so they don't sync up. Definitely use Poggle. Datcha isn't bad and starring him/her up means if you ever face a droid team you can make Datcha lead and wreck them. Has very little HP though so AOE teams are going to ignore Poe and destroy Datcha and 88 before they even get a shot off. Consider working on Geonosian Soldier or IG-86.

Sid gives dots, Vader and 88 both benefit from it. I have an epic droid team, just wanna try something new.

One thing I've realised with AI is that, it does not uses AoE when taunted after going up against a few AoE teams with Poe so there's that.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    Wheres my post?
  • Is this a troll thread? I mean this is a joke right? :D
  • Didn't read thread just want to say his exploit weakness endgame + droid aoe = **** boom dmg, the synergy is real. Don't think it's a poe problem but certain synergies make crazy dmg possible
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Is this a troll thread? I mean this is a joke right? :D

Idk I'd say you guys are the real joke. The listed suggestions for counters are hilarious and the ignorance towards playing vs Poe is real. I'm with OP on this one.

Basically its the can't beat them join them mentality on these forums. Its not that Poes broken, or even needs a nerf. The other tanks w/taunt need a buff. Dispellers are broken. Yeah Chewbacca was too slow, Poe is too fast. They can't seem to find the goldilocks universe where things are "just right". Pretty disappointing responses here. Considering suggesting paid QGJ or broken suggestions like Asajj (Lol stop lying ZarAzi). Mace Windu/Plo-Koon/insert bad hero here. Lol. QGJ gets resisted 40 percent of the time by Poe. Oh yeah highest tenacity in the game base w/ increased passive. AND QGJ is probably the best Hero in the game and has 80 potency, GL pulling it off with others.

Good suggestions all around -> Get Han and ackbar. Ok two heroes to counter one, I'll see you in a couple months considering they are both Arena rewards.

You guys are seriously living in a delusion. You don't want the first good rock to be nerfed so you're missing the point intentionally, paper is broken, scissor is strong, and theres only one good rock. Fun.

You guys sure are quick to load up the pitchforks.... Maybe its the way he suggested fixing it, but still you guys are the trolls/newbs/insert internet insult here.

Poe has the highest HP/Speed/Tenacity of any comparable tanks. He needs counterparts. Tanks need buffs. Dispellers need fixes.
  • WAHHH I CAN'T BEAT A CHARACTER, BETTER GO COMPLAIN ON THE FORUMS 68747470733a2f2f6769742e696f2f6261627972616765

We see these complaints daily about lots of characters. Remember Dooku? Remember Barriss?

Poe is a moderately speedy tank, and that's all he has. Han is very comparable. Complaining about his tenacity is a joke. He has many counters. If you have to, change your team to fight his. You're not supposed to be able to jam the same characters against every squad and expect to win. Keep whining though, I know you will.

• Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Poe is a moderately speedy tank, and that's all he has. Han is very comparable. Complaining about his tenacity is a joke. He has many counters. If you have to, change your team to fight his. You're not supposed to be able to jam the same characters against every squad and expect to win. Keep whining though, I know you will.
    Grow up Elyndria. 4k more HP, way higher tenacity, much faster. For han to compete he needs Ackbar leader. I know you haven't been fighting in the meta at the top spots because its here and this is it. Poe is better than Han in the meta. You just don't seem to get that Poe is part of a team, and whats behind him changes everything. That speed that you're so inclined to neglect leads to major characters dropping ability blocks/speed down before the enemy team gets a shot off > Because he reduces the enemy teams turn meter 25%. Poe is not a problem in your league, but it is at the top and it will be your problem soon enough. Rounds only last 2 turns at our level. Poe is a quintessential piece to this teamcomp.

Do me a huge favor and post your ackbar/han for that you're using for comparison.
  • Actually, I'm rank 1 everyday on a post 60 server from soft launch and there's barely any tanks to be seen. The Poes I do encounter I beat with my main squad very easily.
    I get it, you spent $800 on a mobile game so you feel entitled to complain that you can't win every match, huh? Refuse to change your team? Yeah. Keep jamming QGJ, FOTP, Leia, etc. I'm sure you'll do fine. You're a complete joke. ;)
  • There's always going to be a best. Best tank. Best single attacker. Best leader. Best team.

If your first response to a meta being established is to nerf things then nobody is going to keep playing.

Poe is accessible to everyone. He does have counters. AOE teams and other Poe teams counter him extremely well. Droid/Poggle teams in particular do fine against him. Also Jedi counter teams do well against him. Phasma teams with multi-attacks also can manage him.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Actually, I'm rank 1 everyday on a post 60 server from soft launch and there's barely any tanks to be seen. The Poes I do encounter I beat with my main squad very easily.
    I get it, you spent $800 on a mobile game so you feel entitled to complain that you can't win every match, huh? Refuse to change your team? Yeah. Keep jamming QGJ, FOTP, Leia, etc. I'm sure you'll do fine. You're a complete joke. ;)

Responses are hilarious. Like I said you have zero experience trying to counter Poe. You get me but I don't get you. I'm suggesting to buff other tanks. I'm suggesting fix dispellers. I'm laying out the reasons why Poe is good and other tanks aren't quite as good. I don't have a problem with Poe. I feel sorry for F2P players though because the paid heroes behind him are going to do work. Must be an easy ladder that much is for sure.
    Wait but isn't QGJ one of your suggested counters? Neglecting the fact that he gets resisted 40% of the time. No use Asajj oh wait, I have that one I know how that works. How bout Plo? Nope he don't work right :(. Oh well. Go buy Han/Ackbar that will do wonders. Wait less versatility in my squad now and hes super squishy compared to Poe. Live in your delusions, we'll be shaking our heads when your ladder gets good and you finally have something to complain about.

Do you really think I'm having a problem in my ladder? Lol. I just feel sorry for the players who don't feel obligated to get Poe, I'm offering some versatility so everyones happy not just you. I'm suggesting we don't have to have FOTM heroes, but thats not a good thing right?
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    There's always going to be a best. Best tank. Best single attacker. Best leader. Best team.

If your first response to a meta being established is to nerf things then nobody is going to keep playing.

Poe is accessible to everyone. He does have counters. AOE teams and other Poe teams counter him extremely well. Droid/Poggle teams in particular do fine against him. Also Jedi counter teams do well against him. Phasma teams with multi-attacks also can manage him.

Like I said, work on some of the other tanks, fix some the dispellers. Fix the rock and fix the paper, scissors are fine right now.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    68747470733a2f2f6769742e696f2f6261627972616765

Tenacity is a stat for a reason. Poe has a tenacity passive for a reason.

An example of a FOTM character is FOTP, another example is QGJ. But you don't complain about those because you spent $800 on a star wars mobile game and those are all you have to show for it. This is hilarious, keep going.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member

OMG you found a picture! Of a baby! Oh wow. Grow up for our sake. Leave the discussion to grown ups?

• Ailan wrote: »
    Actually, I'm rank 1 everyday on a post 60 server from soft launch and there's barely any tanks to be seen. The Poes I do encounter I beat with my main squad very easily.

Responses are hilarious. Like I said you have zero experience trying to counter Poe. You get me but I don't get you. I'm suggesting to buff other tanks. I'm suggesting fix dispellers. I'm laying out the reasons why Poe is good and other tanks aren't quite as good. I don't have a problem with Poe. I feel sorry for F2P players though because the paid heroes behind him are going to do work. Must be an easy ladder that much is for sure.
    Wait but isn't QGJ one of your suggested counters? Neglecting the fact that he gets resisted 40% of the time. No use Asajj oh wait, I have that one I know how that works. How bout Plo? Nope he don't work right :(. Oh well. Go buy Han/Ackbar that will do wonders. Wait less versatility in my squad now and hes super squishy compared to Poe. Live in your delusions, we'll be shaking our heads when your ladder gets good and you finally have something to complain about.

Do you really think I'm having a problem in my ladder? Lol. I just feel sorry for the players who don't feel obligated to get Poe, I'm offering some versatility so everyones happy not just you. I'm suggesting we don't have to have FOTM heroes, but thats not a good thing right?
    There's always going to be a best. Best tank. Best single attacker. Best leader. Best team.

Like I said, work on some of the other tanks, fix some the dispellers. Fix the rock and fix the paper, scissors are fine right now.

Alright lets bust some myths. QGJ has 140% potency which means that he always dispels buffs. So that you've learnt a new thing lets take a look at other counters.

Dooku (40% stun chance), Mace removes the buff (guaranteed), Teebo dispel (guaranteed), Asajj (chance based). Now if you are not running any of those, don't have a Poe, nor have a speedy squad to take out Poe before he acts, simply said you simply couldn't see how good Poe would be and negated and it is on you for being a bad player that cannot comprehend the game and rather cries nerf.

But I also agree that some taunt tanks need a buff esp. Chewie
  • Ailan wrote: »

OMG you found a picture! Of a baby! Oh wow. Grow up for our sake. Leave the discussion to grown ups?
    You consider this a discussion? It's just you vomiting your opinions and regrets about wasting a grand on a game that's always going to be changing. And everyone else laughing at you for complaining about a free character.
  • Ailan
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Alright lets bust some myths. QGJ has 140% potency which means that he always dispels buffs. So that you've learnt a new thing lets take a look at other counters.
    No he doesn't. He has 80. You are reading 70s stats and possible gear from data mining. So lets "dispel" that myth.
    You consider this a discussion? It's just you vomiting your opinions and regrets about wasting a grand on a game that's always going to be changing. And everyone else laughing at you for complaining about a free character.

Where do you get this from? Because you watched my videos and I know I paid money? I don't have any regrets regarding what I have. I'm suggesting OP is correct and he needs some decent counterparts. I can't help your personal problems though. Also its pretty well known that dispellers are broken. I'd really like to see them fixed (the f2p ones).... I'm so about me in this.
  • Heronmar wrote: »

I actually don't agree with this. Chewy is a fantastic tank. Maybe the best in the game EXCEPT in Squad Arena. The AI has problems managing his taunt and his heal and he's just too slow to effectively protect anyone.

But in every other mode he's golden. The one-turn taunt means he doesn't get focused to death and his self-heal lets him ready up for the next taunt.

Chewy is the best taunter in GW. And on offense he's not bad in Arena. He's just awful on defense.

It is perfectly fine that not every character will be a PvP star. Anyone who thinks that Chewy doesn't have enough value and is akin to the Ewok Scout is being disingenuous.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ailan wrote: »

Dooku (40% stun chance), Mace removes the buff (guaranteed), Teebo dispel (guaranteed), Asajj (chance based). Now if you are not running any of those, don't have a Poe, nor have a speedy squad to take out Poe before he acts, simply said you simply couldn't see how good Poe would be and negated and it is on you for being a bad player that cannot comprehend the game and rather cries nerf.

I mean outside of qgj(who does not remove his taunt 100% of the time but is probably the best counter outside full aoe team) you suggest people put in teebo or mace? Like some of the least used and most called useless characters in game? And just like asajj, putting them in the team to counter a Poe is pretty silly, because your whole team will move first and tbh, with the turn control Poe will prob move twice himself before they can dispel ahah.

Like I think taunt tanks outside of Poe, in general seem pretty useless in squad arena most of the time. Whether that means you want him nerfed or other tanks buffed or whatever makes no real diff to me I guess, but there is a pretty clear divide. But that list of counters is quite laughable, you will be severely hurting your team to 'counter' him after he has already completely done his job lol
  • So guys SeroZero just gave you a video of him dumping on a decent high damage team with poe in it. I agree poe can be annoying, But tons of characters are annoying. And poe is farmable. with just 1 100 gem refresh a day you can get 5 shards for him a day. It would take 16 days to get him to a 4 star and by then he is viable to use IF you run a very high damage comp. poe only needs to survive 1 round and you can get your hard hitters abilities off. Everyone was saying dooku, sid, lumi, leia, QGJ, FOTP are all OP at one point or another. Just let it be and grab him for yourself if you think he is so great. Its a farmable character.

Lastly, poes health and damage is mediocre. 2 hard hitting crits will take him out after that taunt if he is 4 or 5 star. maybe a 6 or 7 star poe would be a little tougher. But i am willing to bet there is no F2P player with him fully maxed at 7 star yet. And people that put in a lot of money deserve it. Its EA's reward to them for dumping over $1k into there game.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SeroZero wrote: »
    Video of AOE beating Poe

That's an interesting video.

1) Jawa goes first. Huh? Isn't his speed like 125? Below Sid, Poggle, and Poe?
    2) Poggle goes before enemy Poe and before Sid both of whom have better speed. This is big as it makes Sid's AOE much more effective.
    3) You got lucky Poe only exposed your two toons who already had turns so he didn't reduce their TM. IG-86 gets popped and then Poe protects IG-88 long enough to change the game. He pops Lumi and IG-86 instead of Jawa/Poggle and the game goes very differently.

GG but it's not like that's some kind of definitive guide to beating Poe. You lose if any of 3 or 4 things had gone differently.

• SlyGambit wrote: »
    SeroZero wrote: »
    Video of AOE beating Poe

That's an interesting video.

1) Jawa goes first. Huh? Isn't his speed like 125? Below Sid, Poggle, and Poe?
    2) Poggle goes before enemy Poe and before Sid both of whom have better speed. This is big as it makes Sid's AOE much more effective.
    3) You got lucky Poe only exposed your two toons who already had turns so he didn't reduce their TM. IG-86 gets popped and then Poe protects IG-88 long enough to change the game. He pops Lumi and IG-86 instead of Jawa/Poggle and the game goes very differently.

GG but it's not like that's some kind of definitive guide to beating Poe. You lose if any of 3 or 4 things had gone differently.

Do you really need a definitive guide to beat a character? People have given lists of characters that can reduce or negate Poes abilities. If you don't want to farm those characters, glass cannons are normally decent at taking out characters fast.
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    I hate the direction this community is going. Every character who does anything remotely well is complained about and is deserving of a nerf. It's insane.
  • @SlyGambit and others

Firstly the opponent I'm fighting is Panic, who runs one of the strongest defensive teams in softie arena. (sorry Panic, leaked ur OP setup, but update 70 is coming soon and Meta will change). He is someone who manages to stay within top20 even after his arena cutoff simply because the chances of besting him is extremely low, and after awhile, that setup of his proved so trippy, people avoid fighting him completely. For me, I would give myself a 60-70% win rate at best against him.

Of cos many things could've gone wrong. But I'm just showing how my usual freebie pvp team could make a dent on poe too.

Speed related matters in this game is a RNG game. Characters with small speed difference from another can actually act faster at times. So speed numbers ain't definite, but of cos some units with huge speed advantage like dooku always goes first.

I've been pairing poggle and sid for a long time now, they actually have a 50/50 chance of either acting first, I like those chances and they are both great characters.

Of cos I got lucky with poe only exposing 2 of my characters, but we could also say he got lucky for not getting all of his units stunned or skill blocked by datcha. We can do the "game of ifs" till the cows come home. But we have to accept the fact that this game is still pretty much RNG based, and this video simply showed a possibility of 7* high tiered pvp teams with poe being defeatable by a run off the mill pvp setup.

In simple terms, get a hard hitting one-shot/assist character like 86, Luke, geno soldier, FOTP. And poe can go down. If not, build a setup where you can kill off aoe units that act after poe's expose.

Get a poe, pick an aoe character highly likely to act right after poe, and you get a really powerful setup. And hope RNG is with you during expose and dooku doesn't lightning stun or old daka doesn't grab him by the nuts.

So many things can go wrong or right. How you build your setup to increase chances of things going your way is the strategy here.
  • Wispsi wrote: »

I mean outside of qgj(who does not remove his taunt 100% of the time but is probably the best counter outside full aoe team) you suggest people put in teebo or mace? Like some of the least used and most called useless characters in game? And just like asajj, putting them in the team to counter a Poe is pretty silly, because your whole team will move first and tbh, with the turn control Poe will prob move twice himself before they can dispel ahah.

Like I think taunt tanks outside of Poe, in general seem pretty useless in squad arena most of the time. Whether that means you want him nerfed or other tanks buffed or whatever makes no real diff to me I guess, but there is a pretty clear divide. But that list of counters is quite laughable, you will be severely hurting your team to 'counter' him after he has already completely done his job lol

Yes I actually do. Teebo is not as useless as you think he is, he is great and keeping toons safe against this glass cannon teams and Mace removes the taunt AND does huge amounts of damage. Now Poe without taunt is more useless than either of those two so I'd guess that leaves you with 4.5 vs 4.
    No he doesn't. He has 80. You are reading 70s stats and possible gear from data mining. So lets "dispel" that myth.

Where do you get this from? Because you watched my videos and I know I paid money? I don't have any regrets regarding what I have. I'm suggesting OP is correct and he needs some decent counterparts. I can't help your personal problems though. Also its pretty well known that dispellers are broken. I'd really like to see them fixed (the f2p ones).... I'm so about me in this.

Yes I checked the stats website and apparently forgot that those were level 70 stats, it's my fault and I stand corrected. That being said, you choosing to ignore the other points imply that those points actually do stand.

• Ailan
    43 posts Member
    The start of this post resulted in the flood of don't nerf comments. I think that in essence, hes not wrong. Poe is powerful, powerful enough for a nerf? I'm not so sure. What I am sure about is he is the best tank in the game right now. You would be a fool to go for someone else when hes on the table. Thats not fun. Is nerfing fun? No. What makes him the best tank? All of the problems mentioned from many posters regarding dispellers. He has no direct counter. The only real option is QGJ. Thats weak. Asajj/Mace/Plo/Teebo, those aren't really even third tier heroes for Arena (The only place where this whole discussion really matters anyways). I don't think players are unwilling to get counters, in fact quite the opposite. Are they willing to spend $100's of dollars to get QGJ to beat him though? I don't think so. I think that starting this whole discussion by requesting a nerf was bad form. I think that looking at the problem as a whole would have been better. Perhaps it would have started a better dialogue. I think most people have read the first post and responded, leading to a 4 page long thread. They haven't read anything in between. If you can't agree there is a disparity in tanks and a lack of f2p counters then there is a problem. If Asajj/Plo/Mace were improved in different ways problem solved, unless his highest in the game tenacity+passive makes him unreliable to dispel. This is a problem considering QGJ does have 80 potency (reasonably high) and he fails quite often. Of course this seems to be changing in the coming update. I'll benefit, but barely anyone else does. I think Plo Koon considering the relative weakness of his kit should at least have a for sure dispel on his auto attack. I think Asajj's dispel needs to be fixed for multiple bugs (If you have advantage from phasma on your team she dispels it off your team). A lot of the counters have huge achilles heels like Asajj being the slowest hero in the game. A lot of the taunters don't cut the mustard, so we don't need to destroy Poe, hes great to have. We need to adjust some other heroes and bring them in line to improve the experience. It won't be a very fun game if it always feels like theres one hero thats so strong (the same could be said for some other heroes as well).
  • Lol this was a question. I feel everyone missed the point entirely. The OP believes that they WILL nerf him, NOT that they SHOULD. He is asking for advice on how to replace him in his lineup should this happen.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Simple fact is that Poe is the first real tank in this game with what a tank should have - quick taunt. And look at the furor over this.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    F2P aoe teams easily beat poe teams, like I've said a million times. F2P players will have no issues.

Heroes that are "so strong" "and outshine others are QGJ, FOTP, and Leia. They need to be adjusted and damage needs to be brought to a lower level across the board to make the 1-2 turn no-fun meta end. There needs to be a balance between timing out and one turn wins. Maybe we'll see this when the 70 patch hits, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Please keep in mind that Asajj currently does not offer any Speed at all on the first wave of actions to her party in Squad Arena. Leader Speed bonuses are bugged atm.

The beauty of Asajj is her lack of speed. Buffers gonna buff and asajj just comes in the 2nd round and be like "nope I don't think so and imma heal my dudes at the same time." Her dispel is useless if there's nothing to dispel. Also no one cares about leader speed bonuses when it comes to asajj atm. Asajj does her job and that's all we are asking for.

Asajj does a pretty terrible job of doing her job IMO. Have you actually tried to use her dispel atm? it dispels barely anything and half the time she dispels stuff on her own team...

Yes asajj is slow. Yes asajj's dispel works. Yes I have used asajj before. Yes I even have videos to prove that it does. I record my pvp gameplay all the time. She dispels stuff on her own team? Wth are you talking about...
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ailan whether people decide to get QGJ or not that is their business. Whatever people decide to do from here on out is their business. I literally do not care. If someone asks for suggestions I give them suggestions and it's like what Sero has mentioned. RNG. nothing in this game is 100% certain unless otherwise stated or bugged. RNG is the one who controls everything and it's up to us players to work around that. Whatever the argument is, you are inside the FTB group chat and you should have seen the pvp videos I posted. I even posted a video of Asajj dispelling enemy buffs and healing her squad at the same time. Perhaps she is still buggy, perhaps its enemy tenacity go there and we shall discuss further but let's not forget that RNG still holds everyone by the string. That is all I will say. I have videos to prove and I know I'm not lying. I don't care if you're disappointed because frankly everyone else in here is too.