Omega Event Megathread ** DEV COMMENT**

Replies

• Jaesyn_Beaz
    412 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Could you point me in that direction so I know which toons to level today?
    Post edited by NotReallyAJedi on
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • If you're player level 78 and your squad is not up to that then you're doing it wrong...
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    I'm curious if Omega will now have both a star and level requirements? Last time I wasn't able to do Omega each day and a few times that I was able to do it, I did it with 1 full guy and a few stragglers that were barely at the star count and only a few levels. If that's the case, I'll likely be able to only get a handful of mats. I hope it's more open and only looks at levels and not toon types. I'd be okay with that as I have 8 level 78's at the moment.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    +1
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    I'm just saving my credits until the event just in case the events are character specific.
  • Jaesyn_Beaz
    412 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I'm just saving my credits until the event just in case the events are character specific.

I'm a planner. I don't like surprises. My wife threw me a surprise party once. I miss her.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Will all the important events be geared towards players that started playing in December?
    Let me explain, when the omega event first came, players at the 70th level could collect a good amount of omegas. Now the same event is geared towards level 78 players.
    A similar approach was taken with the yoda event. The earlier event was accessible to level 70 players. The later was geared towards level 80. Notice I am not discussing whether of doable for lower levels, just the target segment of the events seem to be older players.

It is a tricky issue, because the events need to be challenging to the older players, but I think is short-sighted to ignore the younger players. To always design repeating events towards the older players is not good for the long term viability of the game.
  • Blackolo
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Yudoka If there was a 78 requirement, then check if you have 5x78 light and 5x78 dark side because looking at pictures of events seem to be clear separation ...
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Omegas are end game content. Why does it surprise people that they're meant for players near the end.

Omega is literally, the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
    Symbolic for last.
    As in, not for someone just now getting into the upper lvls.
    In all games, there's always better stuff the higher you go. That's the whole point of why you want to level up.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They're giving us something cool that they don't have to and yet people complain. Omega's are definitely end-game content, previously they just kind of threw us a bone with the prior event but it make sense to only offer this at a higher level. There are things to be upset about in this game and there are things to just say "thank you EA" for, the Omega event is a "thank you EA."
  • I think they should restrict it so that you have to be level 78. Make it harder and tougher, and those that complain can either work to level up or quit.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    The last event included segments that could be completed for credits and other ability mats for people under level 70.

Omega mats can't be used until level 72 at the earliest. It sounds like you will still be able to attempt the event at level 72, it'll just be tuned for level 78 so it might be a bit harder for you. That's OK.

In my opinion, levels are the least important factor in character strength anyway. If you have decently starred and geared characters that are eligible for the event, I think you'll probably still be able to do it in a few tries.

And if it's not, I'm sure people will complain like with Yoda and get it made easier for them, because they deserve whatever their hearts desire.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »

I'm a planner. I don't like surprises. My wife the me a surprise party once. I miss her.

WOW...........LOL!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Well last time the event featured incredibly easy battles, so they could make it a lot harder and still have it be pretty easy.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Blackolo wrote: »
    @Yudoka If there was a 78 requirement, then check if you have 5x78 light and 5x78 dark side because looking at pictures of events seem to be clear separation ...

If that's the case, I'd be good for Light but not dark. It does say "tuned" to that level rather than an entry requirement. If they no longer do the "here's a list of characters you need AND they have to be this many stars" then I'm good. I have plenty of guys on both sides that are 6 or 7 stars but not yet 78.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Well last time the event featured incredibly easy battles, so they could make it a lot harder and still have it be pretty easy.

Yeah right? Making the battles more challenging than they were doesn't take much to do I would imagine.
  • Red_Comet wrote: »
    If you're player level 78 and your squad is not up to that then you're doing it wrong...

Can u elaborate on that cuz my squad is btwn 7 and 8 lvls lower than my player lvl. What exactly have I done wrong
  • ChefHaze wrote: »
    Omegas are end game content. Why does it surprise people that they're meant for players near the end.

Symbolic for last.
    In all games, there's always better stuff the higher you go. That's the whole point of why you want to level up.

The issue is that this is not better stuff than was offered before, it is the same stuff that was accessible to players of certain level then, not accessible to players of the same level now. I'm not arguing about the benefits of being an earlier player, you should get higher level things. I am saying newer players should be able to progress at the same rate than older players. Omegas are vital to keep competitive.

Most games make things accessible to players at certain level, when you get that level, you get the chance to get it. Older players get it first, and get better stuff later.

You can project this trend CG is setting, and next omega event will be accessible to players in level 90, because it needs to be challenging to them, and then once more those who started later won't have access to it.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I think they should restrict it so that you have to be level 78. Make it harder and tougher, and those that complain can either work to level up or quit.

I'd have no problem with that as long as we don't have to select from a small group of characters like last time. I don't know about you but I don't have the credits to bring any anyone up to 78 just for this event.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ChefHaze wrote: »

Symbolic for last.

The issue is that this is not better stuff than was offered before, it is the same stuff that was accessible to players of certain level then, not accessible to players of the same level now. I'm not arguing about the benefits of being an earlier player, you should get higher level things. I am saying newer players should be able to progress at the same rate than older players. Omegas are vital to keep competitive.

Most games make things accessible to players at certain level, when you get that level, you get the chance to get it. Older players get it first, and get better stuff later.

You can project this trend CG is setting, and next omega event will be accessible to players in level 90, because it needs to be challenging to them, and then once more those who started later won't have access to it.

The last omega event was geared towards players that sat at the level cap for extended periods of time.
    A minor consolation considering all the xp that just disappeared the whole month I sat at lvl 70. If the cap wasn't there. I would have been over lvl 75 at least. Lots of xp I'll never get back.

Since everyone was locked at 70, it was end content then, but now the end is further, so they, once again, put it where it belongs. At the end.
  • Red_Comet
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Red_Comet wrote: »
    If you're player level 78 and your squad is not up to that then you're doing it wrong...

Can u elaborate on that cuz my squad is btwn 7 and 8 lvls lower than my player lvl. What exactly have I done wrong

You're spreading your limited resources too far apart and among to many most likely. Your main 5 characters should always be upto date with your player level. You then have enough room to work in maybe 3 side projects until reaching level cap or you see a significant profitable gap where some slight progress can be added to a few others. Reach the level cap and star cap with a main squad the rest will come along after that.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    I think they should restrict it so that you have to be level 78. Make it harder and tougher, and those that complain can either work to level up or quit.

I'd have no problem with that as long as we don't have to select from a small group of characters like last time. I don't know about you but I don't have the credits to bring any anyone up to 78 just for this event.

Yeah, I do hope it's not restricted to specific characters or that could be incredibly difficult. I only have 7 characters I can use if that's the case.
  • Lol last omega event I was able to do the event fully even if it chose my lvl 40 7* characters in lvl 5 gear. Idk what the whining is about on the difficulty. I suppose the only ppl complaining are the ones unlucky to not be even at that gear lvl. Honestly any easier and everyone would have it. It was made for end game to begin with. The fact that I was able to complete it with just those characters proves how easy it was. Unless you got crap characters that are 7*. If that's the case that was not EA fault exactly.you guys made the choice to choose a character that easily shows on these forums to be not worth it.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Lol last omega event I was able to do the event fully even if it chose my lvl 40 7* characters in lvl 5 gear. Idk what the whining is about on the difficulty. I suppose the only ppl complaining are the ones unlucky to not be even at that gear lvl. Honestly any easier and everyone would have it. It was made for end game to begin with. The fact that I was able to complete it with just those characters proves how easy it was. Unless you got crap characters that are 7*. If that's the case that was not EA fault exactly.you guys made the choice to choose a character that easily shows on these forums to be not worth it.

It won't be like last time. The difficulty has been raised for level 78 characters.
  • Lol last omega event I was able to do the event fully even if it chose my lvl 40 7* characters in lvl 5 gear. Idk what the whining is about on the difficulty. I suppose the only ppl complaining are the ones unlucky to not be even at that gear lvl. Honestly any easier and everyone would have it. It was made for end game to begin with. The fact that I was able to complete it with just those characters proves how easy it was. Unless you got crap characters that are 7*. If that's the case that was not EA fault exactly.you guys made the choice to choose a character that easily shows on these forums to be not worth it.

Setsuna is that you?
  • jusTiC3
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    deleted.
    Post edited by jusTiC3 on
  • Red_Comet wrote: »

Ty. I have done exactly that. Chose to focus on Jedi for Yoda so now I'm slowly day by day bringn main squad up to player lvl. Ty again for ur reply. Any useful tips are greatly appreciated.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    California dreamin...
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So after some digging

Bespin was the Monday challange
    dooku
    lumi
    fives
    reistance trooper
    nightsister acolyte
    asohka
    coruscant underworld police
    jawa
    veers
    nute gunray
    hoth rebel scout

Courasant was the Tuesday challange

Tuesday
    sidious
    jedi consular
    hk47
    eeth koth
    nightsister initiate
    anakin
    datcha
    old ben
    first order trooper
    greedo
    tusken raider

This assumes the same toon requirements which is not certain so no idea how reliable this is
  • colo
    38 posts Member
    Another disappointed news.
    No communication, everyone is broke with yoda event and leveling char for raid.
    And what... another event which requieres lot of money.

I now the goal of this game is making money, but i think the ratio "want to sell stuff" vs "fun we provide" is definitly against player.